PDA

View Full Version : Tables in Wonderland v. The DDP

KAT1811
07-12-2009, 06:17 PM
We are buying Annual Passes this year in anticipations of multiple trips. :yay: Our first trip is scheduled for November 1st - 15th. We were planning on the DDP but now I am thinking that Tables in Wonderland may be a better choice for us. We are a family of 6 DH, DD12 3/4, DD 5, DD 2 3/4 DS 7 1/2 months, and myself. DD 2 3/4 is obviously not on the DDP because of her age. So I have a few questions. . .

Those of you that have done TIW would you recommend it?

Is it 20% off everything? Food and beverages, including alcoholic beverages?

Is it avaliable almost everywhere the DDP is valid (because our ADRs are centered around DDP restaurants)?

Do I have to purchase our Annual Passes before we leave in order to get the card or can we get the tickets in WDW and get the "verification letter" I have read about?

faline
07-12-2009, 06:24 PM
We've found that the annual pass dining discounts are often not available at quick service establishments. Where it is available, the discount does include alcoholic beverages.

VWL Mom
07-12-2009, 06:32 PM
We have the TIW and it has paid for itself 3 times over. It is accepted at most TS restaurants and does include alcoholic beverages. There is an 18% gratuity automatically added to your bill but we normally tip at least that if not more. I got mine at guest services when I picked up my pass.

We are not dessert people but we are appetizer people. Between that and the drinks we found it a better savings than the DDP.

KAT1811
07-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Sounds like a winner. We are not big dessert people but enjoy the occasional appetizer. I also enjoy a glass of wine (or two :blush:) at dinner.

This way we can order what we want and still get a discount. DD#3's meals will also be discounted and so will my wine.

So if I understand correctly I do not have to purchase the TIW card prior to arrival I can get it at OKW upon check in along with our APs?

DizneyRox
07-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Last I heard, you need to get your AP at Guest Relations at the parks. You can get the TiW card there as well.

The TiW card is no longer a differet credit card style card, it's just like any other [paper] ticket. Doesn't really matter too much, just indicating that they will print it right out at GR for you.