PDA

View Full Version : Tony's Town Square

Guya103
07-12-2009, 04:11 PM
This August we will be going to Tony's Town Square where we have never eaten. I would like to hear some opinions on the resturant and favorite dishes for lunch. Thanks!:mickey:

forever a child
07-12-2009, 04:31 PM
We at there once and I love pasta. I remember liking the food fine and would go back again. We also watched the afternoon parade while eating so that was nice too.:thumbsup:

Guya103
07-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Sounds great! Thanks!:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-12-2009, 04:37 PM
We really enjoyed Tony's :) DD had the chicken parmesan, and she loved it. I had spagetti and meatballs, and the portion was HUGE and yummy! :eat:

TheVBs
07-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Our food and service were good, and we loved the atmoshpere. :mickey: The only thing I would add is that our food was a little pricey for what it was. Have a great time!

doombuggygal
07-12-2009, 10:33 PM
We ate here in March. This was one of the few ADR's left and we were not looking forward to it however it was great. We got an awesome seat right next to the Lady & the Tramp fountain. We ate @ dinner time, I had the steak and it was the best steak I had the whole week. The service was excellent as well. It is on our list for must do in October.

beksy
07-13-2009, 01:47 AM
Thanks for all the positive responses. I'm thinking of this as an idea for a meal prior to MNSSHP in October but wasn't sure. Now I'm leaning more that way. :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-14-2009, 10:04 AM
We did not like the entrees:sick:...the best thing I can say is the desserts were okay and the server was good...I think we had pistachio creme brulee...

PlutoPlanet
07-14-2009, 12:18 PM
We actually did not like the food at Tony's. The tomato sauce was too bland.
We did like the location in MK, but we won't go back.
Hope you like it!

#1donaldfan
07-14-2009, 12:53 PM
The atmosphere is great, you can't ask for much more than being on Main Street eating.....the food is good, not great, but good....you'll have a good time, I'm sure...:thumbsup:

Checkers
07-14-2009, 04:54 PM
:mickey:We didn't care for it at all. Food was below average and service was poor. That was a few years ago and I've read on these boards that it has improved somewhat but we just aren't ready to give it another try yet. But as with anything else, opinions vary and your experience may be just the opposite.

DizneyRox
07-14-2009, 06:35 PM
I've had better sauce out of a jar than what they serve at Tony's. It's safe though, and considering the rest of the eateries at MK, it's probably near the top. That doesn't say much though...

VolMickey
07-14-2009, 07:07 PM
In our case we went there last summer and were suprised by how good it was. Weren't expecting much, but it was good and the service was as well. It was during lunch time.

NJGIRL
07-15-2009, 09:48 AM
This is the only place that we have ever eaten at Disney that I can honestly say we had a bad meal. There have been a few places that we feel are just OK but this place we did not like at all. We had spagetti and it was overcooked and the sauce tasted like ragu. Not to mention for the two of us it was way overpriced for what we got.

chefmickey3
07-15-2009, 10:02 AM
We really like Tony's. Had not expected much from reviews we had read but like the location. It is now one of our kids favorites. From a big Italian family so we know good Italian food. It is not fine dining, but the service is always good. We like the shrimp pasta - yummy. Don't know whether they serve that at lunch as we have always gone for dinner. Have fun!

Belle_0717
07-16-2009, 08:40 AM
DH & I believe the lunch is a better value. The atmosphere and cast members are great. I think it is a hit or miss depending on what your standards are. We get the soup/sandwich combo - can't mess that up. Do miss the bread sticks. This is not the great authentic Italian restaurant in your home town. This is Italian Disney-style - we have never had a bad meal.

Again, you have to experience it yourself. Use all these opinions as a guide, not the rule.

ransam
07-16-2009, 09:29 AM
tony's was awesome in my oppinion.
I thought the food was good...the atmosphere was fun and lively.....but don't get caught talking on your cell phone!

laprana
07-16-2009, 09:53 AM
We've eaten at Tony's twice and both times we all really enjoyed it! Had great service and really good food during both visits. I'd recommend the chicken paremsean or the steak, and the tiramisu for dessert! :tasty:

Villains0501
08-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Oh GOODY!!!! We're going here Monday and can't wait! All we've heard is bad stuff, but this is very reassuring!!!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-28-2009, 08:10 PM
We really enjoyed Tony's. I hesitated going there, since I heard a lot of bad things, but a friends kids LOVE it, so we gave it a try.

But, we had a good meal. The food was good, and the service just excellent. We'd go back for sure.

ransam
08-29-2009, 01:13 AM
i t hink this was one of the most underated resturants i have eaten at. The food was awesome...the waiters were great...atmosphere was fun...we loved t his resturant.

Zawadi
08-29-2009, 03:06 AM
i t hink this was one of the most underated resturants i have eaten at. The food was awesome...the waiters were great...atmosphere was fun...we loved t his resturant.

:ditto:

The first time that we went, a couple on the table next to us had spaghetti and the waiter pursuaded them to do the pose from Lady and the Tramp and took their picture.

BriarRose0708
08-29-2009, 09:51 AM
I'm excited for these good reviews. We will be eating here in October for the first time and I am looking forward to it.

DisneyFr33k
08-30-2009, 06:26 AM
Thanks for all the positive responses. I'm thinking of this as an idea for a meal prior to MNSSHP in October but wasn't sure. Now I'm leaning more that way. :thumbsup:

That is what we did. As the cast members were ushering guests without tickets for the MNSSHP out and checking guests in (we already got our arm bands), we made ressies and ate at Tony's. We had the kids change into their costumes in the bathroom. When dinner was over, we walked out (around 6:30-7:00 when the party was beginning) to a changed Magic Kingdom. The crowds who were herding out had gone and there were people in costumes everywhere. It was really neat!

First of all, we were on time, but they were running late. There were so many people sitting on the floor, waiting for their tables to be ready. We were seated over 30 minutes late. Our service was good. The food was just average - not memorable at all. Even though it was a good idea to rest before the MNSSHP, we won't be going back.

jenperich
08-31-2009, 01:38 PM
This is so nice to read! We just made an ADR here for October and I was a little worried. DH wanted to eat in Magic Kingdom one night...we at breakfast at Crystal Palace last trip. So, we are eating here. Plus, actually eating in the park gets us in earlier than I had planned...so it works out. Thanks everyone for the positive feedback. :-)

prprincess
08-31-2009, 07:12 PM
I don't care for Tony's. Then again, I live in an area where statistics show that there are 15 Italian restaurants per square mile (and they're all delish!!), and so I'm very pick when it comes to eating Italian on vacation. Their sauce tasted like it came out of a jar, and I prefer more of a "gravy" type sauce, so I didn't like it. But my husband is a Ragu person, so if you enjoy that type of sauce, you may like it.

Mickeydream
08-31-2009, 09:32 PM
We've got lunch ressies for our Nov trip...our 1st time eating there. It sounds like a better than 50% chance we'll enjoy our meal and a 100% chance that we'll enjoy the atmosphere. We look forward to giving it a try. :mickey: