PDA

View Full Version : recent Fantasmic crowds

Suz36
07-12-2009, 11:31 AM
How early do you need to get to Fantasmic these days? Are they turning people away? Have they added extra shows? And how about with the dinner package - how early should you get there? Thanks!!

chaodj9
07-12-2009, 11:41 AM
I would have to say an hour and a half early dont do two hours early becuase they dont even open the line gates 2 hours early

Babe the Blue Ox
07-12-2009, 02:26 PM
If you go to the early show, you better be there an hour and a half early. They've been pretty packed recently.

If you prefer the late showing, 15-20 minutes is more than enough time. Throughout the summer the stadium has only been 50-70% full.

rjmdds
07-13-2009, 10:41 AM
With the dinner package you will find your available ADR will be very early. I believe they allot a certain amount of tables to those on the Fantasmic Dinner Package so you will typically get a time of 4:45 or 5pm-ish for an ADR. This could be a blessingin disguise because it allows you to do some things in the park between dinner and Fantasmic because you don't have to worry about lining up to get a seat. You have your own entrance and a reserved seating area. We utilize the dinner package every time.

Babe the Blue Ox
07-13-2009, 11:55 AM
With the dinner package you will find your available ADR will be very early. I believe they allot a certain amount of tables to those on the Fantasmic Dinner Package so you will typically get a time of 4:45 or 5pm-ish for an ADR. This could be a blessingin disguise because it allows you to do some things in the park between dinner and Fantasmic because you don't have to worry about lining up to get a seat. You have your own entrance and a reserved seating area. We utilize the dinner package every time.

They no longer use the seperate entrance for Dining Package guests. In addition, once the general seating area is full, the ropes around the reserved area are taken down and the crowd is allowed to fill any remaining "reserved" seats. As a result, they are suggesting that anyone with the Dining Plan reservations still arrive to the theater 45-60 minutes early. There have been many recent reports of guests with reservations being turned away from the show.

That's why I prefer to always attend the late showing of Fantasmic. You can literally stroll in 15 minutes before show time and get a great seat. In fact, the sections that are "reserved" for Dining Package participants are usually not even used for the late show as this is one of the least desirable areas of the stadium.

#1donaldfan
07-13-2009, 12:08 PM
....we just went mid June and did the late show....we got into line about 45 minutes early, which was PLENTY of time...the stadium was about 75% full, if not just slightly more....:mickey:

rjmdds
07-14-2009, 02:07 PM
They no longer use the seperate entrance for Dining Package guests. In addition, once the general seating area is full, the ropes around the reserved area are taken down and the crowd is allowed to fill any remaining "reserved" seats. As a result, they are suggesting that anyone with the Dining Plan reservations still arrive to the theater 45-60 minutes early. There have been many recent reports of guests with reservations being turned away from the show.

That's why I prefer to always attend the late showing of Fantasmic. You can literally stroll in 15 minutes before show time and get a great seat. In fact, the sections that are "reserved" for Dining Package participants are usually not even used for the late show as this is one of the least desirable areas of the stadium.

Thanks for this info. I was not aware of this change. That does affect the benefit of the package in my eyes. I appreciate the update. It counds like the late show is the way to go provided there are two showings that evening.