PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary Questions

daisyhead
07-11-2009, 10:34 PM
We are going in mid-December and staying at the Contemporary... I think!

Well, my big question is Garden Wing or Tower? I am thinking that we will be happy enough to stay at the Contemporary, don't mind the walk to board the monorail.

Is their parking around the Garden Wing rooms?
Are the Garden Wing rooms as nice at the Tower?

I'm looking for advice anyone has about the Contemporary! THANKS !

Mickey91
07-12-2009, 12:40 AM
I have been told that the rooms are identical. You can always cross your fingers that you will be upgraded for free whne you check in. It will depend greatly on the numbers. But, last Sept., we were booked for the garden wing and received a Tower room looking out at Bay Lake and our door opened just above Chef Mickey's. It was the most awesome stay we have ever had!!! I loved leaving the room every morning and seeing the characters celebrate at Chef Mickey's!:mickey:

But, I think we would have had a great time in the garden wing as well. It really is a neat resort.

pooh0601
07-12-2009, 09:44 AM
We always get a Garden Wing room(standard view if possible). They have a Garden Wing Standard View and Garden Wing Garden View Room, with the latter being slightly more expensive. If you are going to pay the $$ for a tower room, I'd recommend staying at the Poly or GF instead for about the same price.

The parking is good with the wing rooms. There is a big lot where the south wing is located. Also, we have been upgraded to a Tower Room a few times, which has been really nice, but even without the free upgrade we always had a great time there.