PDA

View Full Version : Kona Cafe Breakfast?

LarryBoy
07-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Do you need an ADR to grab a quick breakfast at Kona Cafe? All we really want is some of that really good coffee, but the menu looks good too. Is there anywhere else at the Poly or WDW to get that fabulous Kona coffee?

Rhetoric2000
07-10-2009, 12:18 PM
You can get the coffee there, no problem.

I have never had any problem getting into Kona for breakfast without an ADR. I'm not saying that's set in stone but you should be fine - given how many people dine at Ohana, Chef Mickeys and the Crystal palace for a sit-down breakfast, there is usually a very relaxed atmosphere and it is a pleasant place to catch an omlet, waffles or the famed tonga toast.

It's a great call for breakfast and I would heartily recomment it.

kathiep
07-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, I seem to remember a coffee cart right by the entrance to the monorail last year.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Go ahead and have breakfast there...its great:thumbsup:

KathyMJ
07-10-2009, 12:59 PM
My absolute FAVORITE restaurant for breakfast.
Tonga Toast :D

seanyred
07-10-2009, 12:59 PM
There is a Coffee Bar right next to Kona Cafe, closer to doors that lead out to the Monorail platform. I believe they havr small snacks there too. But you should realy have breakfast at the cafe. Its our favorite breakfast in all of WDW. The best dishes are Macadmia Nut Pancakes and Tonga Toast.

(also if you want to take a bag of coffe home you can buy it whole bean or ground...just ask)

LarryBoy
07-10-2009, 01:24 PM
How hard will it be to get from the WL over to Kona for breakfast?

diz_girl
07-10-2009, 01:26 PM
How hard will it be to get from the WL over to Kona for breakfast?

Not hard at all. Just take the boat launch to the Contemporary and then take the monorail to the Poly. The Poly should be the second stop. The first stop is the TTC.

lockedoutlogic
07-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Kona is one of the better non-hyped restaruants at WDW

much better than OHANA....offering good food and good prices for breakfast and lunch and a very nice middle-up scale dinner

Never had anything bad there...and as others have said: probably one of the best breakfasts

GothMickey
07-10-2009, 02:12 PM
Kona is one of the only places I have breakfast. The food there is very good. I always have the Tonga Toast.

jmj18
07-10-2009, 03:42 PM
All I can say is Tonga Toast!!!!!

DisneyAggies
07-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Yep, 2 words...
TONGA TOAST!!

MonoMan
07-11-2009, 08:27 AM
I would recommend you get an ADR for breakfast at Kona Cafe. It is a busy place and the food is excellent, I think many times people who weren't able to eat at O'Hana head over to Kona and take up any remaining tables. They do have a "coffee stand" set-up outside towards the monorail platform which has a few seats, but they don't offer the full menu that you get at Kona Cafe.

PopeCharming
07-11-2009, 08:54 AM
I got a seat there by calling the morning of the breakfast.

In addition to Tonga Toast, you may also want to consider their macademia nut and pineapple pancakes.

T-Belle
07-11-2009, 09:11 AM
Having breakfast here has become a tradition for us either to kick our vacation off or saying good bye. We've never had adr's and never had a problem being seated. I think the longest we waited for a table was about 15 minutes but it was a "great wait" as we got to watch a couple eating there become engaged! So cool! Mickey came out holding a plate with the ring on it.

DVC2004
07-11-2009, 09:51 AM
I'd get and ADR to be safe, but Kona is one of the few places I've been able to get seated walking up many times (most recently April). Usually we go later though like 9/9:30 am. Tonga Toast is great. I don't drink coffee but my mom raves about the Kona Coffee.

FYI- they also sell Tonga Toast at the quickservice at the Poly Called Captain Cooks. You could always grab it from there and get some Kona Coffee from the quick serve coffee bar.

PetefromRI
07-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Never waited more than a couple minutes without an ADR.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-11-2009, 11:20 AM
I got a seat there by calling the morning of the breakfast.

In addition to Tonga Toast, you may also want to consider their macademia nut and pineapple pancakes.

Ooooohh! Sounds yummy! Can't wait to try this. I've been told that you can usually get in easily in the morning. My sister loves the Tonga Toast, so I guess I'll have go a couple of days to try them!

seanyred
07-11-2009, 04:06 PM
And you know what makes the Macadamia Nut Pineapple Pancakes the best? The butter that is also made out of Macadamia Nuts...Its to die for...especially if your nuts for Macadamia...

BluewaterBrad
07-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Tonga Toast.....................Sugar Rush!!:mickey: