PDA

View Full Version : Tsi

Giselle
07-10-2009, 11:37 AM
What is on TSI? I'm always too hot and tired to take a hike when I'm there. Should I make a point to see it with my 8 month old and 5yo next trip?

Soccermom12
07-10-2009, 12:19 PM
There is a cave to explore, bridges, a fort, some small playgrounds, plenty of shade and best of all no lines! When we went my DS3, DS5 and DS8 LOVED it. We had to drag them out of the fort...it was one of their favorite things at MK.

LibertyTreeGal
07-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Absolute best way to have downtime for young kids (especially those too old for the playscapes)

kathiep
07-10-2009, 12:47 PM
This would be great for your 5 year old. My kids loved exploring. After all day of holding our hands and having to stay with us, they loved being able to roam relatively freely.

LauraByTheSea
07-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Love TSI... Lots of tree cover - great break from the SUN.

Pirate Granny
07-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Rocking chairs and ice cream at Aunt Polly's...very peaceful...
:pirate:

chefmickey3
07-10-2009, 10:41 PM
My 3 DS 2,4,6 last summer LOVED TSI! They are some of our happiest memories from last vacation. It is like a wild playground. So much fun!

Giselle
07-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Thanks! I'll try it!

Imagineer1981
07-13-2009, 11:41 AM
The 5 yr old will love it!!! but not alot for an 8month old to do, but they don't do much anyways :)

steamboat willy
07-13-2009, 03:52 PM
And don't forget to look for one of these:

Aunt Polly’s Paintbrushes
Aunt Polly asked Tom and Huck to paint a few things on Tom Sawyer Island, but the mischievous adventurers rather went exploring and happened to leave the paintbrushes as the went along. If you should come across one of Aunt Polly’s paintbrushes pick it up and return it to one of the raft pilots (or other Cast Member in the area) and they will reward you with a front of the line pass to Splash Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

One of many Hidden Secrets & Treasures at WDW!

mattandmandy
07-13-2009, 11:33 PM
And don't forget to look for one of these:

Aunt Polly’s Paintbrushes
Aunt Polly asked Tom and Huck to paint a few things on Tom Sawyer Island, but the mischievous adventurers rather went exploring and happened to leave the paintbrushes as the went along. If you should come across one of Aunt Polly’s paintbrushes pick it up and return it to one of the raft pilots (or other Cast Member in the area) and they will reward you with a front of the line pass to Splash Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

One of many Hidden Secrets & Treasures at WDW!

Last December the CM operating the raft asked us to stay behind when everyone got off at TSI and asked us to hide the paintbrush. (Only 1....were all the others still hidden from the day before??) He told us since we were the first family that day on the raft we could hide it and then he gave us the slip of paper for a FP to any ride in the park...even a ride that didn't offer FP. What was ironic about it though was that when we got back from TSI, we got off the raft and won the Dream Fastpass!

Urbss
07-14-2009, 05:11 PM
Last December the CM operating the raft asked us to stay behind when everyone got off at TSI and asked us to hide the paintbrush. (Only 1....were all the others still hidden from the day before??) He told us since we were the first family that day on the raft we could hide it and then he gave us the slip of paper for a FP to any ride in the park...even a ride that didn't offer FP. What was ironic about it though was that when we got back from TSI, we got off the raft and won the Dream Fastpass!

Now that is one LUCKY day!!!

PlutoPlanet
07-15-2009, 12:06 PM
Our DD loved it when she was five. It is a great place to run around and play. Kids need a break from standing in line.

wonderalice23
07-16-2009, 12:36 PM
I tried this on a trip with my fiancee' - and we both loved it...at 31! Even a nice break for the big kids! :mickey:

Madzac
07-17-2009, 02:21 PM
I would skip it if it were just me, but my DS4 just LOVED it here and we had to drag him out! He begged to go back again on the last day. Loved the caves, the fort. my DH called it a little boy's paradise!

KAJUNKING
07-18-2009, 11:17 AM
we took ds7 and dd9 there last year for the first time and they loved it, we had a great time

SheLovesDisney
07-18-2009, 06:21 PM
TSI is on our kids (dd7 and ds4) must list. We were totally surprised at how much they loved it and make a point to go back each trip.

the other micki
07-19-2009, 01:15 AM
Another "yes" for TSI. Your 5 year-old is the perfect age for it! My DD14 and DS8 found a paintbrush while DS6 and I played checkers. Then, we all went exploring! Make sure you're on the first raft over in the morning (slightly before 10am) to find the paintbrush, if you're interested in that.