PDA

View Full Version : august 16-22 crowds

happy day
07-09-2009, 04:47 PM
I am trying to make a reservation for august 16-22, and many of the hotels are filled. Does that mean it is a very busy time to go, or does it mean more people are staying on property,and maybe I should get a room off property. I just don't want to go at a major busy time.

disneymom15
07-09-2009, 05:52 PM
We were there last year during that time frame, It's wasn't overly crowded. We needed 3 rooms at POP which I reserved in Feb.

sgdisney
07-09-2009, 06:17 PM
As you can see from my trips listed below, I have been that time of the year several times and have found the crowds to be very manageable. Just be prepared for thunderstorms at any time and hot days!

PixieMagic
07-10-2009, 04:01 PM
I think the major reason so many resorts are filled is because free dining starts august 16th * which people could start booking over 3 months ago) plus it overlaps with the end of 4+3.....just my :twocents:

MarkC
07-10-2009, 05:27 PM
PixieMagic is right-- due to the start of the free dining option the parks are probably going to be a lot more crowded than normal, so plan accordingly. Looks like a lot of people are delaying their trips until that time, as early August looks to be less crowded than normal.

fupresti
07-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Just because no rooms are available does it mean they are filled to capacity. During off peak times Disney reduces the number of rooms available because they cut back on staff to manage the reduced demand. It is still Value season and if it was that busy, Disney would hike rates to compensate.

forever a child
07-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Just because no rooms are available does it mean they are filled to capacity. During off peak times Disney reduces the number of rooms available because they cut back on staff to manage the reduced demand. It is still Value season and if it was that busy, Disney would hike rates to compensate.

I just want to make sure I understand this...they will not book more rooms to meet demand to be able to cut back staff? :scratch:

I just am wondering because I knew when we tried to book our value resort for Sept 26 is was showing no rooms avail in any value resorts...which I thought was strange considering it is value season and kids are back in school. But Kathy from MJ got me a room! :cheer: I was happy about that...but thought it was strange, oh well...they can do it however they like I guess. :mickey:

elmjimmlm
07-13-2009, 07:57 AM
We were going Aug. 9-15 and switched to 16-22...I was not able to get a reservation at the resort that I wanted and was told to call back the next morning at 7am...I was told that this is when their cancellations were updated and sure enough I called back and got just what I wanted...I was told that there are only so many rooms associated with the free dining offer so it couldn't hurt to try again in the AM...Good luck...:thumbsup: