PDA

View Full Version : Other WDW Guest Jealousy

jakeybake
07-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Hi,

I have to admit that I get mad and jealous when I walk through the lobby on our last day and see all the guests checking in for the start of their vacation!

My DRHW used to always make fun of me because back in the old days, when we would stay at the Dixie Landings, we would always rent a car. Upon check in they would give us a printout to put on our dashboard that listed the resort and our check in and check out dates.

Towards the end of our trip I would purposely look at the printouts on other guests dashboards and get sooooo mad when the dates were well past our check out date. It would literally make me depressed!!

Now I still have that jealousy, not only when I'm there witnessing people check in, but also thinking about people being there when I'm sitting here at work.

Please tell me I'm not alone because I am crazy enough without having more crazy added on!!!

Jay

DVC2004
07-09-2009, 12:47 PM
LOL, I know how you feel. Especially when you are leaving on that last day, and all the new folks are in the lobby.

I also get Disney jealous when I see people coming out of restaurants I couldn't get an ADR at! :thedolls:

marylynne95
07-09-2009, 12:55 PM
You are not alone!! The last day is always the worst and seeing all the happy people showing up for vacation makes it worse!! You just have to dream of your next vacation!! :cloud9:

Andys5Toys
07-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Remember, that's probably how other guests feel when they see you arriving on their departure date!

Buddy08
07-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Me to. it always makes me sad when I am leaving and others are just beginning their vacation ( sad for me that is):cry: By the way, just curious-what does DRHW stand for? I can never figure these abbreviations out.

Disney Doll
07-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Yeah, me too. I also feel a bit guilty when we first arrive and I see families waiting for the ME back to the airport.

Itchy
07-09-2009, 01:42 PM
For me the worst part is seeing them smiling from ear to ear as they come in and I am not as I leave.

laprana
07-09-2009, 01:43 PM
I know exactly how you feel! :D I especially got jealous when we stayed at the Poly...it would be our check out day and I'd be so sad about leaving, and along comes a family smiling and happy, carrying bags and pulling suitcases, and wearing the leis they were just given when they checked in! Made me feel even more pouty as we left! :envy::pout:

disneymom15
07-09-2009, 02:09 PM
I feel the same way. I hate leaving, I always feel like I'm going to cry.

jakeybake
07-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Me to. it always makes me sad when I am leaving and others are just beginning their vacation ( sad for me that is):cry: By the way, just curious-what does DRHW stand for? I can never figure these abbreviations out.

DRHW = Dear Red Headed Wife

That's an original so your off the hook for not knowing what it meant :D

BluewaterBrad
07-09-2009, 04:05 PM
You are not alone!! The last day is always the worst and seeing all the happy people showing up for vacation makes it worse!! You just have to dream of your next vacation!! :cloud9:

Ditto:mickey:

clou1028
07-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Ha! Yes, I know the feeling. You know on our last trip, though, we left very early in the morning, and there was no one in the lobby of ASMu. Maybe that's the way to do it!

Although either way, it's very sad to go home.

JRocker
07-09-2009, 06:05 PM
I know exactly what you are talking about, when checkout day nears I start feeling that pang as I see the check out dates on the dashboards are further out than mine.

Of course, I probably deserve that pang. :thedolls:

We stay for fourteen nights, so when I toss that piece of paper onto the dashboard on our arrival; well let's just say I have a dance going on in my head.

biodtl
07-09-2009, 06:40 PM
I'm the same way when i check out. I want to just sidle up to some family checking in and join in on their party.

justice11
07-09-2009, 09:48 PM
we found a way to get over the last day blues, this year, we went to wdw for a week and left there for st. petersberg and the beach to relax for a week, it was wonderful.:thumbsup:

brownie
07-11-2009, 12:27 PM
No, you're not alone. You walk past the check-in desk and wish you were staying longer.

hoop de do
07-11-2009, 02:16 PM
That's the one BIG problem with going to the WORLD. You have to go home. We always talk about our next trip and this seems to help. :thumbsup:

elmjimmlm
07-11-2009, 02:36 PM
We are the same way...I want to get in line to check in again...I also don't like driving out and seeing all the traffic going into Disney and we are going out...

Marilyn Michetti
07-11-2009, 03:33 PM
I'm going to say that when our week is over, I'm anxious to go home. The last day there is a bit long. I ride an ECV, and by "then", my arms hurt, my back sore, and I'm sick of getting on busses.

We're Sr. Citizens, so that might explain it.:secret:

magicofdisney
07-11-2009, 04:22 PM
On the other hand, I always feel sorry for the people that are checking out as I'm arriving. :mickey:

DisneyAggies
07-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Yes, I hate it too! DH has a priceless pics of me pouting on the last day of our Honeymoon. I was SOOOO sad! :(

TheMartellFamily
07-11-2009, 07:03 PM
When you check in there is so much happiness in our eyes, when we check out there is sadness. I am happy for those who are starting their vacation but it hurts alittle. We tell everyone we will be back and then we know that feeling kind of goes away.

chaodj9
07-11-2009, 07:43 PM

Heres a shortcut its under info central http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/abbreviations/default.asp

VolMickey
07-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Been there and done that, too. Stinks to be leaving when others are arriving, but it's all part of life.

tazlikesrobots
07-13-2009, 11:23 AM
We just returned from POR and I our six year old had a meltdown when he found out we were cheking out. Can't say I blame him since I did not want to leave, but there is always next time :mickey:

Erin C.
07-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Another thought.....those people checking in when we are checking out may not be fortunate enough to return as often as the rest of us? :mickey:

jakeybake
07-14-2009, 10:10 AM
My DRHW also takes a picture of me with a sad face on at our last day at each park. It's both funny and sad at the exact same time!!

Also, one of my favorite pictures is of my DRHW and I waving goodbye to the castle on our last day of one of our pre-children trips, way back when.

Jay

nicster
07-14-2009, 10:59 AM
I like to have my next trip in the planning or reserved already stage, it takes the 'edge' off.

Not2Loud
07-14-2009, 11:25 AM
The funniest/saddest ones for me are when its a short trip and I am sitting and waiting for Magical Express. First, I think, 3 hrs early...geez.

Secondly, I see all the faces getting off the buses filled with excitement and anticipation.

Then I remember that I will be coming back and wish the best for all the folks coming in. I try to imagine what they are going to do, where they are going to eat, etc. I wonder if its their first time? The puzzled looks of where to go next are always fun to see.

The DW has agreed to let me go every other month last year if I get a few of our bills paid off this year. Nothing like bribery...er...I mean motivation!

amd780
07-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Oh yes, I definitely know the feeling! It will be the worst at the end of this trip, because I know that we won't be going back to WDW for a while. :sadwave:

Cinderelley
07-19-2009, 06:50 AM
I always wonder if any of the people checking in are getting the room we just checked out of.

threeh
07-20-2009, 04:23 PM
We usually feel so smug when we check in because it is our first day :thumbsup:but then I am very jealous by the last day of the new smug disneys. I can't even look when we are waiting to leave when the DME drops of the lucky groups who have just arrived!! I totally know where you are coming from!!:mickey: