PDA

View Full Version : fantasmic shows

mousehappy
07-09-2009, 08:46 AM
Does anyone know for sure if they only do fantasmic show on certain nights or do they do them every night?

Stu29573
07-09-2009, 09:07 AM
Only on certain nights and boy is it crowded!!! In fact, when we saw it a couple of weeks ago, I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I did when I saw it in year's past. Just FYI...

mousehappy
07-09-2009, 09:25 AM
how do i find out what days?

MarkC
07-09-2009, 09:36 AM
You found the right spot. Just click on the "info central" tab at the top and then find the events section. It will list the days under the Disney Studios portion. Good luck. Mark

Babe the Blue Ox
07-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Hint: Go on a day that the show is performed twice and go to the 2nd show. It's usually at 10:30 pm.

Over the past couple of months, this show has only been playing to about 50-75% of its capacity. I was there a few weeks ago and the stadium was less than half full. Great seats could still be found less than 10 minutes before showtime.

Gator
07-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Over the past couple of months, this show has only been playing to about 50-75% of its capacity. I was there a few weeks ago and the stadium was less than half full. Great seats could still be found less than 10 minutes before showtime.

That's certainly NOT what is being reported. Shoot, I was there in early December (value season) when they offered the show every night. And it was near capacity each night. I can't imagine a summer where it's shown only twice a week. The crowds will be unbearable.

Disney must change this soon. They would be wise to have at least 4 shows a week, not just 2.

BMan62
07-09-2009, 02:54 PM
So, how do you find out if two shows are going to be performed on any particular evening? Info Central only lists one time from each night Fantasmic! is being shown.

Babe the Blue Ox
07-09-2009, 02:59 PM
That's certainly NOT what is being reported. Shoot, I was there in early December (value season) when they offered the show every night. And it was near capacity each night. I can't imagine a summer where it's shown only twice a week. The crowds will be unbearable.

Disney must change this soon. They would be wise to have at least 4 shows a week, not just 2.

The show has been performed three nights per week throughout the summer. That's six shows per week.

I am only referring to the 2nd show on evenings when it is performed twice. These shows have been nowhere near capacity in recent months.

Figment!
07-09-2009, 03:17 PM
So, how do you find out if two shows are going to be performed on any particular evening? Info Central only lists one time from each night Fantasmic! is being shown.The listing in info Central should reflect what has been scheduled.

There do appear to be some discrepancies as there are two shows per select day scheduled for this week according to the Times & Events Guide.

The Staff currently looking into the existing discrepancies to determine if the schedule has been updated since originally released or if Disney is adding shows with-out updating the master schedule.

BMan62
07-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Thanks, Jason! On top of it, as always!!

Pirate Granny
07-10-2009, 08:06 PM
We were there in late May...and there was one show scheduled the week before we left (last time I checked) and the day we got there we noticed that there were two shows scheduled for that evening. We had the dining Fantasmic package...arrived in starting to rain weather 30 minutes before the show...and were told there were no seats left and very little standing room only...no seats reserved for those with dining coupons...boo...it'll be a long time before we go to the show again.
:pirate:

Babe the Blue Ox
07-10-2009, 08:21 PM
We were there in late May...and there was one show scheduled the week before we left (last time I checked) and the day we got there we noticed that there were two shows scheduled for that evening. We had the dining Fantasmic package...arrived in starting to rain weather 30 minutes before the show...and were told there were no seats left and very little standing room only...no seats reserved for those with dining coupons...boo...it'll be a long time before we go to the show again.
:pirate:

That's too bad. Sorry you missed the show.

I've never understood why the early show fills to capacity well before showtime but the late show is often only about half full. In fact, the sections that are reserved for those with the Dining Package are not generally even used for the later performance.

Gator
07-10-2009, 08:28 PM
I'm guessing they won't have two shows a night in January. What a stupid budget cut. One of the reasons I fly to WDW instead of driving to DL is that WDW has fireworks at 3 parks EVERY night, not just one park twice a week. I guess WDW doesn't want to see West Coast business anymore.

TheRustyScupper
07-11-2009, 01:01 PM

1) Why MUST Disney change this.
2) This is an economic issue.
3) There are a lot of CM's in the shows.
4) This makes it an expensive show.
5) Plus, you need 2x the number of CM's to cover the week.
. . . lots of labor dollars
. . . lots of benefits dollars
. . . lots of scheduling issues
6) I wouldn't look for it to change permanently too soon.
7) During busy periods they might temporarily add a few more shows.