PDA

View Full Version : Made an ADR for Spirt of Aloha!!!!! and soo mad!

julie0282
07-09-2009, 12:22 AM
i made an adr for spirt of aloha earlier today and gave a credit card was told that it wont be charged just needed to just have it in case i dont show up. i check my checking account right now and they charged me !!!!! i have DDP so she said i didnt need to pay!!!! im so mad!:mad:

DigitalDaredevil
07-09-2009, 06:28 AM
Did they actually charge you or just put a block on it? Either way it should have been disclosed to you.

statrai
07-09-2009, 08:57 AM
When we booked our Spirit of Aloha reservation we were still deciding on the dining plan. We were charged in full for the reservation. After we got the dining plan we asked about the charge and were told to wait till we arrived in August and remind them we were charged and it would be refunded.

biodtl
07-09-2009, 09:00 AM
When we have made ADRs in the past, it was always like this: for "regular" special meals (like CRT) - a credit card was taken to "hold" the reservation in case we didn not show up, but for dinner shows (like SoA and HDDR) the card was charged at the time of the ADR.

Dsnygirl
07-09-2009, 09:00 AM
I called to ask about the luau about two weeks ago, as I wanted to know how to handle it with our upcoming plans to get the Tables in Wonderland card. (It gives you a discount of 20% at the luau, but you have to have the card number when you make the ressie to get the discount. I didn't want to buy the card this far before our trip, as it's good for a year... but I still wanted the ressie at our 90 day mark.) Anyway...

The CM I spoke with said that I would be charged when I booked the ADR, and then refunded the discount later when I gave them my TiW card number after I had it.

This definitely gave me the impression that they charge you immediately when you book -- so I would call Disney back and challenge the fact that the CM you spoke with gave you the wrong information.

Sorry this happend -- I hope you get it straightened out!!

momofdisneyprincess
07-09-2009, 09:44 AM
Did you give them your resort reservation number? If so, I think they were supposed to only use the credit card to hold the reservation. You can try to get it credited back to your account or wait until you get there and get a refund then (and have all that money to spend). Good luck.

biodtl
07-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Ahh - I missed that you had the DDP. We paid OOP for HDDR, but I think for SoA we used the DDP and they did just hold the card. SoA was in 2006, though, so it may have changed.

Ian
07-09-2009, 12:33 PM
To the best of my knowledge, whenever you book dinner shows like Hoop-Dee-Do or Spirit of Aloha you pay upfront.

julie0282
07-09-2009, 06:08 PM
well i called back today and apprently the CM from yesterday put me in a cat 1 !!!!:mad: after i did confirm with her what cat i was in and she said cat 2. the DDP covers only cat2 or cat3. well the CM today said sorry and thats why i was charged the full $93 something. but i will get a refund in a couple of days :D so ppl with DDP do not pay upfront

BluewaterBrad
07-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Good to hear it worked out!:mickey:

ransam
07-09-2009, 06:18 PM
I think that a credit card is only used to hold the reservation no matter if it's a show, breakfast or whatever....but...for the mickey's christmas party we paid in adavnce. but the Luau, cinderella's breakfast, even the imagineer luncheon we reserved it w/ a credit card, and then paid for it when we got there w/ cash....

julie0282
07-09-2009, 06:42 PM
I think that a credit card is only used to hold the reservation no matter if it's a show, breakfast or whatever....but...for the mickey's christmas party we paid in adavnce. but the Luau, cinderella's breakfast, even the imagineer luncheon we reserved it w/ a credit card, and then paid for it when we got there w/ cash....

exactly but when i called the first time she charged me in full. that was the problem that i had since i was on the DDP i know they just use the card as a hold. and the first CM put me in a cat 1 that the DDP doesnt cover :( so the second CM fixed it all up :D and i got a refund.

TheVBs
07-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Glad you got it straightened out! That must have been frustrating. We did Spirit of Aloha in 2007 with the DDP. I gave them a card to hold it, but I was most definitely not charged for it at the time, then refunded later.

faline
07-09-2009, 08:49 PM
If you're not on the dining plan, dinner shows are charged in full when you book.

edhunter28
07-10-2009, 06:03 PM
they shouldntve charged you $$$ for the show its on the ddp:confused:

julie0282
07-10-2009, 06:42 PM
they shouldntve charged you $$$ for the show its on the ddp:confused:
i know but apprently the first CM did and put me in Cat 1 when DDP only covers Cat 2 and Cat 3

TheRustyScupper
07-11-2009, 12:48 PM
1) If paying cash, they hit the card immediately
2) If paying DDP
. . . they use the credit/debit card for no-shows
. . . they are not supposed to hit the card
. . . but, frequently they do
. . . you get a refund when you get to the show
3) If you ask for Cat-1, the card gets hit, as DDP does not cover the price.