PDA

View Full Version : Epcot in a day

Lizzy
07-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Ok, So I have been enough times that I don't mind missing stuff, and keeping to my favorites.

I am going in August for my birthday and my boyfriend is coming, who has only been to Epcot once, and that was when he was 13 ( he is 30 now :secret: )

We only have one day for Epcot, what would you all suggest passing over and what would you suggest we make sure we do? I have never gone with someone who hasn't been before! I don't want him to miss anything but to get certain things in I am sure we will have to not dawdle as much over little things as I would like.

WDWCrazyKaren
07-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Well, it sounds like you really know your way around the parks, so you probably know better than anyone here what he will and will not "need" to see during that day!

If it were me showing someone around for just one day, I'd put these on my "for certain" list:

Soarin'
Test Track
Mission:Space
Spaceship Earth
Livin' With the Land
American Adventure
Full walk through World Showcase
Illuminations
Off Kilter

The "if we had time" list:
Universe of Energy
Honey I Shrunk the Audience
Three Cabelleros
Club Cool (for the refreshing Beverly)

And the "feel free to skip it" list:
Imagination
Innoventions
and everything else I can't remember

You and he will have a great time, even if you never hit a ride or attraction. It's just a great place to be, period! Have SO much fun, and happy birthday!

Lizzy
07-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Thanks, that's exactly the kind of list I was needing. I like everything so what we do or don't do doesn't have an effect on me. I have been to Epcot and spent the entire day in the pub in UK :blush:

Anyone else's list?

BluewaterBrad
07-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Thats tough!! EPCOT is my favorite park. I hate missing anything!!:mickey:

EpcotFan182
07-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Epcot is my favorite too - I love spending multiple days there during a single trip!

If I only had one day, my "musts" would be

Spaceship Earth
Universe of Energy
Test Track
Soarin'
Living With the Land
...then do a walk around WS. Explore the shops, etc.

If you have a little more time, then I would also include HISTA, Innoventions, Maelstrom, and some of the shows around the WS.

I'm sure you're going to have a great time! :mickey:

brownie
07-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Must Dos

Spaceship Earth
Test Track
Living with the Land
Soarin'
Honey, I Shrunk the Audience
Maelstrom
American Adventure
Illuminations

Would Like to Dos

Journey into your Imagination with Figment
Ellen's Energy Adventure
O Canada
Wonders of China
Circle of Life
Mission: Space
Innoventions
Impressions de France

steamboat willy
07-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Spaceship Earth
Test Track
Universe Of Energy
Soaring
Livin' With The Land

Then walk around World Showcase

And find that Pub in UK :cheers:

Disney Doll
07-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Good answers so far. I'm facing a similar situation with my brother and his family. It's stressful planning a trip with newbies! I'm surprised to see Living with the Land on everybody's must see list. I like it, but I always suspected I was in the minority and I wasn't sure whether to squeeze it in when we bring my brother's family or not. I guess we will try to do it since it seems to be well liked by many.

bruin1344
07-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Must sees:
Soarin'
Test Track
Spaceship Earth
Walk through World Showcase
Illuminations

If you have time list:
Three Cabelleros
Club Cool
Livin Seas/Nemo attraction
Livin' With the Land
American Adventure
Honey I Shrunk the Audience
Maelstrom
Journey into your Imagination

Skip
Ellen's Energy Adventure
O Canada
Wonders of China
Innoventions
Impressions de France

2Epcot
07-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Others have done a really good list of the things to see and the things to skip. On most of our trips to Epcot we cover the entire park in a single day, though we always come back later in the week for a second day. If you have a true full day for the park, you get there at opening and cover the Future World area, have lunch and move into World Showcase.

Depending on how early you get into World Showcase and if you are staying the whole day, you can adjust the amount of time you spend at each country. Everyone has their own taste. Some countries I like to spend more time in than other's do. Deciding ahead of time what attractions and shows in the countries you want to see can save time and you can always add and delete based on the time you have left.

World Showcase has so much to offer in sights, sounds and smells. I love sampling food, watching the films, talking to visiting CMs. I've been with people who skip most of it, if there isn't something to ride. I love the rides, but visiting the different countries is what makes Epcot so much better then your average theme park.