PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done this??

PixieMagic
07-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Found this is intercots board...

Aunt Polly’s Paintbrushes
Aunt Polly asked Tom and Huck to paint a few things on Tom Sawyer Island, but the mischievous adventurers rather went exploring and happened to leave the paintbrushes as the went along. If you should come across one of Aunt Polly’s paintbrushes pick it up and return it to one of the raft pilots (or other Cast Member in the area) and they will reward you with a front of the line pass to Splash Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

Has anyone done this??

BluewaterBrad
07-08-2009, 03:22 PM
My niece and I were on the first raft over to the island one trip. She found a brush. They gave us fastpasses for myself and her plus a fastpass for my wife who was in our party!:mickey:

johnO
07-08-2009, 03:33 PM
One of many cool secrets of WDW....

Rekenna
07-08-2009, 03:33 PM
We have not done this, but there was a post some time ago stating that if you wanted one of the paintbrushes you need to make sure you are on the first raft trip over in the morning.

Good luck!

Missy_Mouses_Dad
07-08-2009, 03:37 PM
We intended to, but went for EMH in the morning and the rafts weren't running.

conwayjohn71
07-08-2009, 03:38 PM
my daughter found one 2 years ago during the million dreams promotion

and we found ours after 2pm

we got a fast pass for all of the rides

Mickeydream
07-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Is it a regular paintbrush or something special? We will be there in November and have never visited Tom Sawyer island, but plan to this trip. It would be a nice treat to get fast passes! :mickey:

magicofdisney
07-08-2009, 05:01 PM
We've gone looking a couple of times, but only found the brush once. It's not a usable brush, just looks like one. I believe the bristle are made of wood. I can't remember if our handle was blue or red, but it is a larger model brush.

It was really exciting for the kids and after we turned it in we got a fast pass for the ride of our choice. :mickey:

Pally
07-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Yes, my boys found two in 2006. One just lying on the ground under a bush and one in the cave with the gems. We got a fast pass for Splash Mountain. We have some neat pictures of one son posing as if he was painting the fence. They found these in the afternoon. The CM asked us to also hide one. We hid it under a bucket that tips. So who ever flips the bucket got an extra surprise. Although, some people don't know about the the special meaning of finding one. I guess we just passed the message on. :mickey:

LarryBoy
07-09-2009, 10:29 AM
What time does TSI open? Do they let people rehide the paint brushes throughout the day? If they do that a lot, you could find one at any time. :thumbsup:

BIGDOG
07-09-2009, 11:40 AM
This site continues to amaze me every time I visit after all my trips, books, websites and more I learn somthing new every time I visit Intercot.

FaithTrustPixieDust
07-09-2009, 12:19 PM
My son found one last year. The CM offered us either a free snack or a FP to the ride of our choice. (within the MK, that is . . . )

PixieMagic
07-09-2009, 02:15 PM
So does the majority say ANY MK ride or just the two listed? It would be amazing if it were any ride...though I would most likely still pick Splash Mountain since Space Mountain is being refurbed...

TheVBs
07-09-2009, 03:26 PM
We looked on our last trip, but didn't find one. The girls had a blast looking anyway. We were there later in the morning.

dizzneyfan1234
07-09-2009, 03:57 PM
If the brush is found who do you give it to/

joonyer
07-09-2009, 06:02 PM
TSI doesn't open until 10am so going during EMH won't help you get one. But you need to be in line for the first raft before 10, at least by 9:45. The brushes are not "hidden" very well, they are usually left out in plain sight, so that's why you need to be in the first raft, if not they'll be found already. We found ours lying right in the middle of the path leading to the bridge to the fort. Give your brush to one of the raft captains on the way back and they'll give you the front of the line pass to BTMRR or Splash Mtn.

Have fun!

julie0282
07-09-2009, 06:23 PM
oh wow this is soooo cool:magic::joy:

magicofdisney
07-10-2009, 09:49 AM
So does the majority say ANY MK ride or just the two listed? It would be amazing if it were any ride...though I would most likely still pick Splash Mountain since Space Mountain is being refurbed...
When we turned in our brush we had already ridden BTMRR. It was about 45 degrees outside so we weren't interested in Splash. I guess that's why the CM gave us a generic fastpass to be used anywhere within MK. :mickey:

Imagineer1981
07-10-2009, 11:20 AM
CMs do tend to rehide the brushes throughout the day. Its amazing how many people know about them now :(

DisneyFr33k
07-11-2009, 07:22 AM
One of many cool secrets of WDW....

This is so cool. We've been many times and we didn't know this!

What other "cool secrets" are there?

WDWFanatic
07-11-2009, 09:06 AM
We just found the brush on our trip in April. One hint I would offer, take the first boat over, and when everyone gets off the raft and goes to the left, go right. My son found one on the path near the bridge. Most people hadn't gone that way or had walked by it already. Our raft captain told everyone on the raft about it, and said if you found one, only take one. He said there should be 4 hidden, and once they are found that's it for the day. But I guess other cast memebers may rehide them.

We got a fast pass for 4 for either Big Thunder or Splash, it was preprinted form. We were hoping to keep it after we used it but they wouldn't let us.

Still a very cool thing.

magicofdisney
07-11-2009, 10:19 AM
CMs do tend to rehide the brushes throughout the day. Its amazing how many people know about them now :(
It's not so amazing considering the CMs tell everyone on the raft about them. ;)