PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Surprise, Can anyone help?

dizzneyfan1234
07-08-2009, 12:59 PM
my wife and kids and i are going to disney in august and im just wondering if theres anything i could do for my wife as a surprise. I would really like to do something special for her so if anyone can help thanks

PixieMagic
07-08-2009, 01:47 PM
The segway tour at Epcot is fun! You could drop off your kids at the Neverland club for a couple hours, head over to Epcot early and surprise her :thumbsup:

dizzneyfan1234
07-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Alright thank you that sounds like itd be pretty fun thanks. is there anything that could surprise her like outt of no where

Disney Doll
07-08-2009, 01:53 PM
A surprise without kids? How about a carriage ride through one of the resorts: http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/recreation/horseback.asp. We saw a carriage ride at POR last year and it looked very romantic. You could even bring a bottle of wine.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-08-2009, 02:34 PM
You can order a gift from the Disney florist, and have it delievered to the room, or to a restaurant of your choice.

It might be nice to book an adults-only dinner at a nice place, and then have the gift presented to her.

PixieMagic
07-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Have the resort set up a special surprise in the room so when you return from your long day....SURPRISE! He he

dizzneyfan1234
07-08-2009, 02:59 PM
what kind of surprise do you mean pixie?

mickeys_princess_mom
07-08-2009, 09:58 PM
You could have balloons sent up to the room, and surprise her with a balloon ride! Reasonable, and awesome!

ransam
07-08-2009, 10:50 PM
go to the coral reef resturant...
and request a window by the aquarium. then you can have a diver come up to the window during the meal and they can hold up a sign of your choice for your wife.

PixieMagic
07-09-2009, 12:47 AM
DH had them set up balloons, a picture frame, signed pics from the characters, a stitch plush (my fave) and treats such as chocolate covered strawberries, and amazing chocolate disney treats done artistically of their choosing...I have pics if you want you can PM me for more info...

Also I am in love with fresh raspberries over vanilla ice cream, so he called the hotel ahead of time to make sure they had raspberries ready for a room service treat one night :cloud9:

PixieMagic
07-09-2009, 12:48 AM
and request a window by the aquarium. then you can have a diver come up to the window during the meal and they can hold up a sign of your choice for your wife.

How much does this cost??

brownie
07-09-2009, 08:51 AM
You can order a gift from the Disney florist, and have it delievered to the room, or to a restaurant of your choice.

This is my suggestion, too. You might also consider taking her to Cirque du Soleil.

irish1967
07-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Something at the GF or SSR Spa?

You could keep it a surprise up to the very last minute...

Let's take a monorail ride...

Let's get off and check out the GF...

Let's go down this path... Oh look, its ths Spa - how about an hour or so pampering yourself while the kiddos and I go to the MK?

ransam
07-09-2009, 01:43 PM
"Originally Posted by ransam

How much does this cost??"

actually it doesn't cost anything... as long as no one else has one at the same time frame and called first.
you can also have a personalized menu made at the coral reef. We celebrated my birthday there last year. and when they gave me my menu on the outside is said my name, and on the inside cover it had all kinds of pictures of me and my family and friends....it was pretty cool. my sister set it up....oh a funny story...while eating a diver came up and held up a sign to our table that said "Slivia, will you marry me?"...and we all kind of looked at the diver....then a waiter came over and motioned to the next table.....he got the tables mixed up...then later a diver came by w/ a happy birthday wish.

if you want to PM me, i cna give you the ladies email who set it up for my sister...casue i'm returning the favor this year..
thanks.

dizzneyfan1234
07-09-2009, 04:05 PM
id like the ladies number if you dont mind

FaithTrustPixieDust
07-09-2009, 04:23 PM
A while back I found something online about a business in Orlando that does "pixie for hire" kind of stuff. You could hire them to meet you at a certain point in the Magic Kingdom and surprise your significant if you wanted to propose, do a birthday surprise . . stuff like that. I can't remember the name of it, and I have no idea if it still exists.

Does this ring a bell with anyone else?

biodtl
07-09-2009, 06:19 PM

As someone already said, this is free, however - you might not get it even if you think you are. I got DH a personalized menu for our anniversary and I was also told I had a diver, but sadly - the diver never happened.

Bobby T
07-09-2009, 07:58 PM
"Originally Posted by ransam

How much does this cost??"

actually it doesn't cost anything... as long as no one else has one at the same time frame and called first.
you can also have a personalized menu made at the coral reef. We celebrated my birthday there last year. and when they gave me my menu on the outside is said my name, and on the inside cover it had all kinds of pictures of me and my family and friends....it was pretty cool. my sister set it up....oh a funny story...while eating a diver came up and held up a sign to our table that said "Slivia, will you marry me?"...and we all kind of looked at the diver....then a waiter came over and motioned to the next table.....he got the tables mixed up...then later a diver came by w/ a happy birthday wish.

if you want to PM me, i cna give you the ladies email who set it up for my sister...casue i'm returning the favor this year..
thanks.

I've heard rumors that this offering is no longer available. Can anyone verify?

Tinkermom
07-09-2009, 09:05 PM
Check out this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=157662) for an awesome idea for a surprise. This is one surprise that I would LOVE!:thumbsup:

DeniseMB
07-09-2009, 09:13 PM
A Candlelit couples massage at The Grand Floridian :mickey:

iheartdisney
07-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Something at the GF or SSR Spa?

You could keep it a surprise up to the very last minute...

Let's take a monorail ride...

Let's get off and check out the GF...

Let's go down this path... Oh look, its ths Spa - how about an hour or so pampering yourself while the kiddos and I go to the MK?

A pampering spa treatment in the middle of my vacation? Hands down the best suggestion ever! Now, will you please suggest this to MY husband?

Mickey91
07-10-2009, 01:40 AM
Where are you staying? Could you upgrade and not tell her? What kind of budget do you have? Have you thought about a fireworks cruise? I only asked about your budget as there are soooo many cool things you can do and some are a bit pricey as the above. There are also very nice inexpensive things too.