PDA

View Full Version : DaVine at AK

DisneyMiMi
07-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Could someone please give me some info on "Miss DaVine", that performs in AK? I've read on different sites that she can be found, but has anyone ever seen her? and where in AK is she usually? My granddaughter wants to see her when we go in Oct. and I'd like whatever info I can get. Thanks so much - this is the bet site for any needed information; thanks to all of you guys.

BMan62
07-08-2009, 09:56 AM
She comes out periodically between Africa and Asia. We make sure we see her on every trip.

Here's a pic:

http://s434.photobucket.com/albums/qq66/BLuskus/WDW%20Sept%202005/?action=view&current=100_0372.jpg

Figment!
07-08-2009, 10:08 AM
From INTERCOT Hidden Treasures & Surprises Guide (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/park/hiddentreasures.asp)
DiVine
You’re not seeing things, that ivy in Asia really is moving. It’s nothing to be alarmed about though, it’s just DiVine, your friendly animated foliage. DiVine typically performs 45 minute sets every hour on the hour from 10:00 am through 1:00 pm. Picture (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/images/lgdevine.jpg) Picture (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/images/divineak.jpg)

Now through August 7, 2009; DiVine is scheduled to be appearing in the Oasis area of the park instead of her typical location.

BMan62
07-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the update on her location, Jason!!! Nice to know you are always on top of these things.

tink'72
07-08-2009, 10:25 AM
We were lucky enough to see her once. She is amazing and beautiful! We go some amazing pictures!

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-08-2009, 12:31 PM
We saw her in December just outside the entrance to Rainforest Cafe

Imagineer1981
07-08-2009, 01:00 PM
I have yet to see her in the parks, just backstage..he he

Pop Centurion
07-08-2009, 01:22 PM
We haven't seen her yet. Always look but just miss her :(
Hopefully this year we will.

BluewaterBrad
07-08-2009, 03:28 PM
As many times that I have been to AK I still have not found her!! I look though!:mickey:

WDWCrazyKaren
07-08-2009, 04:29 PM
I've never found her either. Granted, we usually hang around AK for about 3 hours a trip, so I'm not surprised!:blush:

Boojum
07-08-2009, 08:20 PM
I've seen her exactly once, and was amazed and amused at the people who walked right by her and didn't notice anything!

She is really something!

Dsnygirl
07-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the info -- we're going to try harder to see her in October, we usually forget!! Hopefully, we'll have an updated "place" for where she'll be if she's not in her normal spot again in the fall... I'd really love to see her! :)

Aurora
07-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Saw her last year in June and she was awesome!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-08-2009, 10:50 PM
She is amazing! We have seen her a couple of times and I could just sit and watch her all day. My kids are speechless everytime. A definite must do!:thumbsup:

JPL
07-09-2009, 12:30 AM
We saw her in December just outside the entrance to Rainforest Cafe

I just saw her there in June it was a great surprise since I didn't see her in her usual spot and was afraid she might be a cutback :blush:

Mendelson
07-09-2009, 10:48 AM
I somehow had failed to hear about DaVine prior to our most recent trip and was surprised to almost literallly stumble upon her one day at AK.

The way she interprets the embodiment of being a tree is...unique. In fact, it was so "organic" that I felt like I should have stuck a $1 bill in the bark of one of her branches.

There are good youtube videos of her (including one in which she takes a nasty spill).

BMan62
07-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Form another site:

DIVINE

No, kudzu has not taken over Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park. But there is a strange new "vine" that's been transplanted around the park and we have to warn you, it has caught quite a few visitors by surprise. Why? Well, "DiVine" isn't your ordinary run-of-the-mill, ten-foot tall plant. In fact, "DiVine" is really performance artist Priscilla Blight who has brought her expressive talents to Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park for an exclusive engagement after travelling all over the globe. A gifted performer of the "new vaudeville" genre, Priscilla cleverly conceals herself in a towering, hand-made foliage costume. It is only when she moves that guests realize they are not looking at nature but at "DiVine." And that is the message "DiVine" has for us all - really look at nature. Take time to visit soon and look out for "DiVine!"
10:00 & 11:00am, 12:00 & 1:00pm
(45 minute sets)

DNS
07-09-2009, 12:05 PM
We have been lucky enough to see her twice. Although we spend a good amount of time at AK each trip. She is my favorite "surprise" at Disney.

TheVBs
07-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Never knew she had an official name! Silly of me I guess. We saw her for the first time on our trip in May. What a great surprise! The girls were really enchanted. We got great pictures of her.

Pop Centurion
07-09-2009, 03:35 PM
Thanks BMan62. I didn't realize her daily appearance was only twice a day at 45 min shifts. That explains why I never saw her. I'll be sure to be there at one of those times this year.