PDA

View Full Version : Steeling your personal items?

Emme&TeddysMommy
07-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Has anyone ever had any problems with guest at the parks stealing/taking things out of your stroller while you were on rides? Or have you ever had you stroller taken? If you did have your belongings taken did you ver get them back?

Mickey91
07-07-2009, 02:13 PM
We took both our kids when they were stroller age and probably took at least 6 trips where we used a stroller. We would leave the stroller for a show, ride or even at the train station for quite some time. We never had anyone take anything. But, this doesn't mean you shouldn't be careful what you leave. Seems people have become much more sinister and brazen in last few years and with the economic problems everyone is facing I feel there is more need to be cautious now than ever before. Even the guests at WDW have been changing their tone a bit. So, leave the diaper bag but take the camcorder and anything of real value that you would consider irreplaceable:mickey:.

NJGIRL
07-07-2009, 02:45 PM
My rule is if I can't afford to loss it don't leave it unatteded in the stoller. Never leave cash, credit cards, cameras or anything else worth alot of money.

Things can easily be taken from a stroller at Disney just like any other place. When we still used a stroller I would leave jackets, mist fans and minor items in the stroller when we went on rides. But those were things if they were taken would not be a huge loss for us.

I know many people who have left more valuable things on their strollers during a ride and are not there after they get off.

Itchy
07-07-2009, 02:47 PM
I agree with the previous poster.

If its out of sight it will be out of mind.

Don't put temptation there.

I have been to DW twice with my grand daughter and did not have anyone mess with the stroller or things that we left in it. Although the items we left were water bottles, diaper bags and the like. Camera's, Cell Phone's, ECT stayed with us.

Emme&TeddysMommy
07-07-2009, 02:49 PM
We don't ever leave anything of value in the stroller. My husband was asking me this moring if I had ever read anything about this happening to people in intercot. So I just figured I would ask. I hope I didn't offend anyone by asking this.

Gooftroop5
07-07-2009, 03:13 PM
We never had any problems but then we don't leave anything of value. At least try not to anyways. We have once & luckily it was still there when we get back usually though we do a double check before we leave the stroller to make sure.

EpcotFan182
07-07-2009, 03:24 PM
We never leave anything valuable in strollers/wheelchairs when we go on rides; I do have my experiences of things being swiped though. On two separate trips when we went with extended family, our rented wheelchairs were missing when we got off rides. One member of our party had a bad back, and it was a huge inconvenience for her to walk through the park back to our resort in pain. Plus IMO it's pretty low to steal a wheelchair. :angry:

DVC2004
07-07-2009, 03:25 PM
My kids are older now but when they were smaller there were no problems. But like others have said, don't leave anything you wouldn't want taken. Sometimes your stroller may be moved- they re-park them sometimes. But nothing was ever taken.

Disney Doll
07-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Never had a problem, but like everyone else we take the good stuff with us. I once saw a stroller with a diaper bag and a wallet laying right on top of the unopened bag. I took it upon myself to zip the bag because that's just asking for trouble in my opinion. Use common sense and you'll be fine. :thumbsup:

brownie
07-08-2009, 07:36 AM
Never had a problem with this.

pixiesmimi
07-08-2009, 10:45 AM
We never had anything taken from a stroller, ours or a rented one, but we always took the bag with valuables in with us. We might leave a diaperbag, etc. in the stroller. We have heard of strollers being taken, usually rented ones or someone got the wrong one by mistake, but most of the times, the CMs just moved them to a parking area as they are always straightening them up. With a rented one, you can go back and get another one with your receipt. We tie a ribbon on the handle of ours so we can spot it if it has been moved. People at WDW aren't any different than anywhere else, so don't leave valuables in the stroller.

BPATSMouse
07-08-2009, 11:32 AM
Never had anything taken but can remember when we used strollers seeing a lot of things (camaras, purses, camcorders,etc,) that I wondered how they didn't dissapear. Like stated earlier "if you can't afford to lose it take lt with you".

buzznwoodysmom
07-08-2009, 11:33 AM
We've been going to WDW at least once a year for the past 8 years and have always used a stroller. Nothing has ever been taken from us. Of couse, like many others have stated, we never leave anything of "real" value in the stroller. We never leave wallets, money, credit cards, cameras, but we have left diaper bags and things we've bought in the park in the strollers and we've never had anything go missing.

BluewaterBrad
07-08-2009, 04:46 PM
My rule is if I can't afford to loss it don't leave it unatteded in the stoller. Never leave cash, credit cards, cameras or anything else worth alot of money.

Things can easily be taken from a stroller at Disney just like any other place. When we still used a stroller I would leave jackets, mist fans and minor items in the stroller when we went on rides. But those were things if they were taken would not be a huge loss for us.

I know many people who have left more valuable things on their strollers during a ride and are not there after they get off.

Excellent advice!:mickey:

DisneyorBust
07-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Last year, my oldest DD had sustained a knee injury prior to our September trip. After 2 days we started renting a wheelchair for her, well the one evening we had dinner at Crystal Palace and upon exiting the wheelchair was gone! The great CM's made it a minor issue and we secured another one (at no charge).
It's something that we laugh about now when we reminisce.:D

julie0282
07-09-2009, 01:10 AM
i had an experience in 2005 that my daughters lil jansport book bag that was kinda a diaper bag was stolen from my stroller. it had her wipes pullups and diaper ointment i was so upset and no i never recovered it! :mad:

mouseketeer mom
07-10-2009, 08:09 AM
We left our backpack behind in the Poly lounge by accident one morning. We headed to the monorail, and right before we got on, we realized we left it in the lounge. We went back to retrieve it , and the walkie talkies we had clipped to the outside of the pack were gone. We reported it, but they were never turned in. The pack was out of our sight for only 10 minutes or so.

3Cabsfan
07-10-2009, 08:52 PM
It is great to see so many people posting that ARE cautious! I see so many bags and purchased items left unattended. Many guests get caught up in the moment and run into the attraction. There are a number of no good thieves that purchase annual passes and spend alot of days just cruising the parks looking for the easy take. Never leave anything behind that you do not want taken!!!