PDA

View Full Version : Prayers, pixie dust, & healing energies needed....

Pagan
07-07-2009, 01:28 PM
A good friend of mine and my band's is in an induced coma in the hospital in critical condition.

She's a 5' tall, 95 pound dripping wet 47 year old woman who - against the advice of ALL her friends - bought herself a 650 cc motorcycle, and last Thursday with only three months of experience decided to head out into traffic with it.

She took a turn too fast and too wide, and hit a pickup truck broadside and was dragged 100 feet. Also, since CT has no helmet law, she wasn't wearing one.

Both legs and both arms are shattered, her pelvis is broken, they removed her spleen and part of her pancreas, all her ribs are broken and she can't breathe on her own, she has the back of her head split open, and now is on life support with filters in her arteries to prevent clots from getting to her heart.

She survived the initial 48 hours, which is a good sign. Docs said she'll be in the coma for at least a week until they can do all the surgeries to repair her pelvis and her limbs. After that, she'll be in the hospital for at least 3 months.

Her friends are organizing a benefit concert to help her pay her bills while she's laid up. She's a single mom with 4 daughters, only one still living at home, and her bills aren't going to wait. My band will definitely perform at the benefit.

So please send those energies, prayers, etc. her way. She'll need them, this is a life-altering accident.

Thanks in advance gang...

laprana
07-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Wow, that's terrible! Sending lots of :pixie::pixie: and prayers to your friend for a full recovery, and also to you and her other friends and family!

azdisneymom
07-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Oh such sad news. Prayers and pixie dust on the way.

Emme&TeddysMommy
07-07-2009, 02:42 PM
I will keep her and her family in my prayers!

Pagan
07-07-2009, 03:10 PM
Thank you. :(

DVC2004
07-07-2009, 03:28 PM
I am so sorry. She'll be in my prayers and I am sending pixie dust too. Please update us when you are able to.

Pagan
07-07-2009, 03:36 PM
Thank you...she's in surgery now to try and repair one of her legs.

pianobabe
07-07-2009, 07:12 PM
My thoughts and prayer's are with her, her daughters and all of her friends too. Please keep us notified of any updates.

Kathy Jetson
07-07-2009, 07:51 PM
Energies and pixie dust:pixie::tink: have been sent!

MNNHFLTX
07-07-2009, 08:45 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your friend being critical condition, but am glad to hear that she's hanging in there. I have a nephew who's been in two accidents with his motorcycle--one basically just a skid with a lot of abrasions, but the other one shattered one of his arms and broke his jaw. Neither one was his fault, which doesn't really matter because when you're on a bike and you collide with another vehicle you're always going to get the short end of the stick. He had stayed away from motorcycles for almost 5 years, but just recently decided to buy another one. The story about your friend puts a big lump in my throat about this now. :(

Sending loads of :pixie: their way.

hubbyofadisneyholic
07-07-2009, 09:01 PM
And to think I was feeling bad about what I went thru last week.
What happened to this lady is a 1000 times worse.
She will definitely be in our thoughts and prayers.

beksy
07-08-2009, 10:35 AM
I will be keeping her, and her family and friends, in my thoughts and prayers. :tink: :pixie: :tink: :pixie:

RedSoxFan
07-08-2009, 01:46 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie:

Loves the Mouse
07-08-2009, 02:28 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her daughters. It's going to be a tough road ahead. But with wonderful friends like you at their side helps tremendously. May God Bless You and give you the strength to help them.

Lizzy
07-08-2009, 03:55 PM
So sorry to hear of this horrible accident. Healing thoughts, prayers and pixie dust are headed her way.

Pagan
07-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Thank you everyone...last I heard was that one of her daughters said she was brought out of the coma for awhile and she was "not behaving" and trying to communicate even though she couldn't.

Doctors said that's a good sign that she's fighting, but she's still not out of the woods yet. Supposedly the operations to repair her limbs carry some risk.

mrsgaribaldi
07-08-2009, 11:20 PM
Loads of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:and prayers on the way.

TheVBs
07-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Lots of healing thoughts going out to your friend! How horrible. I'm so sorry. She sounds like a real fighter though which can make all the difference in the world. Please keep us posted!:(

gueli
07-10-2009, 04:31 AM
Pagan-
I sure hope all the surgeries go well, and that in time her wounds heal.

Thank you for being such a good and caring friend.
:pixie::pixie::pixie:

Good luck with the benefit...

Mike

WDWFanatic
07-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Prayers and healing for your friend. I hope she is able to keep fighting.

chaodj9
07-11-2009, 10:11 AM
SOO sorry to hear sounnds like youve been a great friend Prayers and :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

Jeri Lynn
07-11-2009, 10:16 AM
I am very sorry to hear about your friend. She is and will remain in my prayers.

I have found that the power of intercot prayers can work wonders and I know our intercot friends step up to the plate when needed.

Please keep us up to date.

divinedi
07-11-2009, 11:37 AM
:hug: and lots of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: for your friend's speedy recovery and to you for being such a terrific friend:number1:

crazypoohbear
07-13-2009, 11:18 PM
Sending your friend and all her family/friends lots of prayers for recovery.
I hope your benefit does well. Her knowing that you all are helping to take care of the bills will give her the strength to focus on healing her body and not worrying about her bills and such.
God bless her and all of you

Pagan
07-14-2009, 11:19 AM
Thank you again everyone. She's awake now, and they removed the breathing tube. She's still groggy but they said she's cracking jokes. :)

DVC2004
07-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Wow, that is great news! She'll continue in my prayers for a full recovery!

DisneyOtaku
07-14-2009, 02:39 PM
Oh, what great news! :number1: Still, lots of Intercot prayers and pixie dust heading her way!

pianobabe
07-14-2009, 06:19 PM
That is so wonderful to here. I'm still keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

laprana
07-15-2009, 09:48 AM
That's excellent news! Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers, and sending even more :pixie::pixie: for her recovery!

Pagan
07-17-2009, 12:02 PM
Another update:

She had come down with a staph infection, but they took care of it.

Unbelievably, she's on her way from the hospital to the rehab center already, awake and alert. In alot of pain from the surgeries, but already on the road to recovery and fighting.

Thank you all again for the well wishes.

hubbyofadisneyholic
07-17-2009, 10:38 PM
Excellent!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

crazypoohbear
07-17-2009, 11:03 PM
Good news. I pray that she continues on her speedy recovery.
The rehab is going to be very difficult and challenging. You and the rest of her friends need to keep her spirits up and keep her fighting.

amd780
07-18-2009, 11:28 AM
That's great news! Your friend will remain in my prayers for a speedy recovery. :)

Kairi_7378
07-18-2009, 12:52 PM
Just found this thread but wanted to send some prayers and well wishes to your friend. The rehab period after an accident can be the hardest part. Prayers too to all of you who've been supporting her through her healing process.

gueli
07-18-2009, 04:48 PM
Another update:

She had come down with a staph infection, but they took care of it.

Unbelievably, she's on her way from the hospital to the rehab center already, awake and alert. In alot of pain from the surgeries, but already on the road to recovery and fighting.

Thank you all again for the well wishes.

How is her family doing ?
It can be quite hard on everyone...
:thumbsup:

mouseneer
07-22-2009, 01:24 AM
:pixie:Pixie dust and prayers are here!!!:pixie: