PDA

View Full Version : Barnstormer for a 2.5 year old?

seanyred
07-07-2009, 12:47 PM
In November I will be taking my DS to WDW for the first time. At this time he is already tall enough to ride the Barnstormer...but I have scene places were it also has a age restriction of 3yrs old. My DS will just over 2.5 years when we go. Would I be crazy for wanting to take him on it?

Disney Doll
07-07-2009, 12:52 PM
I think the 3yr thing is just a recommendation not a restriction. The CM will go by height, the rest is up to your discretion. I've ridden it before and it's pretty tame. I'm anxiously awaiting the day by 20 month old can ride. If he's tall enough before age 3 I'm sure we'll take him.

bwk99
07-07-2009, 12:54 PM
my son rode it when he was 2.5 years and loved this ride. nobody asked us about his age, just his height.

Princess Dad
07-07-2009, 12:58 PM
My DD was tall enough at 2.5 to ride and she loved it. But again, it's should be based on what you think he can handle. My younger DD would not have done it at that age. She is not as daring.

seanyred
07-07-2009, 12:59 PM
One other question? Is the lap bar just one big one that goes across the both of us? Or is their a seat bealt. I'm a bigger guy so I don't want the lap bar to be so high that It doesn't work for my DS.

Thanks

rjmdds
07-07-2009, 01:11 PM
My son was exactly 2.5 years old last April when we took him. He just cleared the height requirement...and he LOVED it. We rode multiple times in a row. I agree with the others...base it more on how you think they would handle it.

rjmdds
07-07-2009, 01:15 PM
One other question? Is the lap bar just one big one that goes across the both of us? Or is their a seat bealt. I'm a bigger guy so I don't want the lap bar to be so high that It doesn't work for my DS.

Thanks

I believe it is a lap bar.

Harkleroad
07-07-2009, 02:46 PM
My little guy & my big guy rode together over & over again last Thanksgiving. My DS was 2.5 & loved it. Then again he is not afraid of anything. I couldn't ride because I was 7 months pregnant with DS number 2, but I believe it is rather tame. My husband is quite a big guy & they didn't have any problems riding together. Have fun.

MarkC
07-07-2009, 03:24 PM
The best advice I can give you is to talk to him about it before hand, and when you get there let him watch it a couple of times. He can make the decision whether to go or not. Once he rides it the first time you'll be doing it over and over. Mark

thrillme
07-07-2009, 07:23 PM
I think my DS was barely 2 when he rode his first Barnstormer type ride. I think it was a caterpiller (I couldn't afford Disney when he was that young but we did little local festivals and amusement parks). He was almost 3 when he did his first "log ride" at Sea World and loved it so much we rode it 5 times. The only time he cried was when we had to stop.

I love roller coasters...break 'em in early. :D

wire0monkey
07-08-2009, 02:39 PM
In November I will be taking my DS to WDW for the first time. At this time he is already tall enough to ride the Barnstormer...but I have scene places were it also has a age restriction of 3yrs old. My DS will just over 2.5 years when we go. Would I be crazy for wanting to take him on it?

My 2.5 year old son did and loved it. We had to do it several times.

You're not crazy. That ride is fine for that age, as long as he's tall enough.

Pixie Power
07-08-2009, 10:53 PM
My YDD was 2 yrs. 4 mos. when she rode it for the very first time. I went back just now and looked @ our digital pictures and there is a look of sheer joy & excitement on her little face.:mickey:

seanyred
07-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Thanks for all your info. We took by DS to Kiddieland (which is a small theme park near Chicago). He loved every minute of the small rides there. We even took him on the Scrambler (or Fun Machine, depending on how you know it). Anyway he loved going fast on that ride....I just can't wait till we get there and I get to see his face light up when he see's the castle for the first time.