PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Cafe

Familyof4
07-07-2009, 10:19 AM
OK, I have a reservation for dinner at the GFC and am now questioning that decision. I have heard wonderful things about it, however I recently heard that it is very quiet. Now, with that said I have a 9,7 and 1 year old. I know it is Disney and it is all about the kiddies, but am I going to ruin anyones fun by taking my 1 year old to eat there???? Don't get me wrong, he is not a bad kid, but he is 1. It looks very pretty and I thought the view would be a nice distraction as well. Any thoughts or opinions would be most welcome.

pox24
07-07-2009, 10:53 AM
This place is a hidden jewel of Disney. Its perfect for anyone. The food is great, service is great and the setting is soothing for all ages.We never miss a chance to eat there. Your gonna love it, and so will the kiddies.:thumbsup:

EpcotFan182
07-07-2009, 03:14 PM
You won't have a problem, I've been there when a 2 yo was in our party and it was perfectly fine. Have fun! :mickey:

Tick-Tock
07-07-2009, 05:26 PM
We had a three-year-old and a six-year-old with us and the server was great with them.

MonoMan
07-07-2009, 06:36 PM
We were their in February with our son who just turned four - everything was great! There were also many other families in their with small (under age 5 children). I love this place - it's on my list for our trip in December.

irish1967
07-08-2009, 08:41 AM
We were there last year with my 1 year old niece and no problems what so ever.

My sister-in-law did get up and take the little :princess: for a walk around the lobby after we ordered. Which she said was perfect because the lobby is big enough to really allow the baby to stretch her legs. It was the end of the trip and the second "sit down" meal of the day so my niece was little more squirmy than usual.

redleg96
07-08-2009, 03:25 PM
It's great....by all means take the kiddos....Disney is all about kids and families...if somebody wants to be a 'stuffed shirt', let them go to Victoria and Alberts.

jakeybake
07-08-2009, 03:48 PM
IMHO the most underrated and overlooked full service dining establishment in all of WDW. Narcoosse's, Citrico's and 1900 Park Fare get all of the attention at the GF but the GF Cafe is as good, or better than all of them. And this is coming from a huge fan of all 3 places I mentioned above.

Also, don't rule it out for breakfast either. I had a stack of blueberry pancakes from there back in March that were the best I ever had.

Request a nice window seat, sit back, relax and enjoy the wonderful food and beautiful atmosphere.

Also, don't sweat it about the kids. It's like any other WDW establishment in that kids and the noise that sometimes comes with them is expected.

Jay

Ed
07-08-2009, 04:08 PM
:ditto:

We've eaten there several times, and never been disappointed. The food is excellent, service has always been topnotch, and the setting is very relaxing and scenic.

We took two of our grandsons there a few years ago when they were still little; between the good food and attentive service, they were no problem.

Familyof4
07-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Thanks for all of the info. I always get nervous with the littlest ones that it will disturb other guests, but as someone mentioned there is always Victoria and Albert's. So, if any of you are there for dinner on SEpt 2nd and there is a crying kid, it just might be mine:-)