PDA

View Full Version : Moving

edhunter28
07-07-2009, 09:06 AM
I am moving at the end of the month.I am really mad because I dont want to.What do I do?

Scar
07-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Don't move. :confused:

It'sWDW4me
07-07-2009, 09:38 AM
I'm sure that moving can be tough - especially at your age, Chris. Are you moving far away or will you still be able to get together with your friends every now and then? Are you moving over the summer before school starts? If so, maybe you can join the YMCA or go to the pool around your new place to meet a few kids your age before school starts (that's another story, I know). Are you in scouts? You could find the closest troop in your new neighborhood and contact the scoutmaster - he could get you in touch with a few guys from the new troop.

I can imagine that moving won't be the easiest thing but do try to meet new kids and make some friends - it will make it much easier for you. I wish you lots of luck. Sending pixie dust your way, kiddo! :pixie:

PS - keep in mind your younger brother/sister is also gonna have it tough and try not to be to much of an "annoying older brother" ;)

MNNHFLTX
07-07-2009, 10:46 AM
When we moved from Florida to Texas my son was 13 and not too thrilled about it, so I can imagine how upset you are. Unfortunately it sounds like the move is a done deal, so the only thing you can really do is try and find a way to make the best of it. Make sure and update all your contacts with your friends where you live now, because being able to text or IM will make you feel less lonely after you move to your new home. And since you are moving before the beginning of the school year you will be able to start fresh at your new school. Be friendly, pitch yourself into different activities to get to know people. My son was very nervous as he made the switch in the middle of the school year, but he was surprised at how popular he was right away. Apparently being the "new kid" in school made people curious about him and so he was able to make a lot of new friends fairly quickly.

Good luck with the move. Let us know how it's going once you get there. We're your friends too! :mickey:

pianobabe
07-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Being the new kid is kind of a neat thing. Since no one knows you, you can be who you want to be (but always stay true to yourself and stand up for what you believe in). I lost count of how many times I was the new kid. From 7th grade until 12th grade, I went to 4 different schools in 3 different states (there were a bunch of moves before that too). It wasn't all that fun, but I got through it. With all of the moving I did, I got to meet a lot more people than those who just lived in the same place their whole lives. I had friends from all over the U.S. plus Europe, Australia and a ton of other places. With the web and texting, it should be pretty easy to keep in touch with your old friends. Right now, it may seem like it is the worst thing in the world to have to move, but it will okay. You will get through this.

Loves the Mouse
07-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Hi I'm sure it's hard going threw this. Change is hard for alot of people. I think it's thr fear of the unknown. Where are you moving ? Out of state or another area in your state ? You will only be a newbe for alittle while, you'll make new friends: and still have your old good friends to talk to. Heads up !:thumbsup: You will be fine !