PDA

View Full Version : Eating Before MNSSHP

beksy
07-06-2009, 11:59 PM
I'm trying to figure out my ADRs and am a little worried about the timing of our meal before MNSSHP. We are thinking of eating at Chef Mickey's but would we be rushing to get to the party by 7:00? I'm thinking maybe doing a TS for lunch would be better or maybe a different restaurant? What do you all think? TIA! :mickey:

Dsnygirl
07-07-2009, 04:53 AM
:mickey: We are doing MNSSHP in the fall, too, and our plans are to get to the park between 4 and 5 pm and eat then, before the party starts. If you really want to do a sit-down meal and not feel rushed, I'd do one within the park, maybe CP or The Plaza. That way, you're already there, and they might not be as filled up as CM might be. We're actually just planning to do a TS meal once we're there... we love the atmosphere in the park so much, we just want to be out in it as much as possible!! :mpumpkin:

Mickey'sGirl
07-07-2009, 08:26 AM
We have a 1:30 lunch reservation at the Wave before we go. Our plan is then to go back to the resort for a swim/rest, then head back to the party sometime after 4 (We have been allowed in with our party tickets after 4 on past trips). We will grab something at Pinocchios or Cosmic Rays when/if we are hungry later on. :mickey:

edhunter28
07-07-2009, 08:51 AM
Dont eat before mission space. Its the only ride I know with barf bags.Ive eaten & got on it before & it gave me a big stomach ache

WishingStar2006
07-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Mission Space is not at the MK...it's at Epcot, so no fears!

lightyearfan
07-07-2009, 09:01 AM
well me and dw will be starting off our morning at Ohana's for breakfest then it's off to AK until 1:30 back to the ASMU for a quick swim to get refreshed, then we head over to MK for the party and we were able to get a 5:30 TS at the Liberty Tree. it kind of works out nicely because being that it's just the 2 of us we should be out of the LT by 6:30 the lastest, so that will give us a good half hour to walk around a little and get ready to enjoy the party which be a first for us, we've done the xmas party twice and the pirates party once, we are so looking forward to it.

Enjoy your trip

Victor

Belster
07-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Last year when we went we tryed to do it all...plan a nice meal in the park before the party...have the kids dressed and ready.

Needless to say..that did not work out so well. My kids did not make it through the whole party and I felt very rushed because I did not want to miss a thing.

I too am going to to a CS dinner the day of teh party to allow for no scheduled plans that day other than going to MK for the party. We are doing a 2 credit dinner show another night so that we can just enjoy the party day.

Hope this helps!!!

steamboat willy
07-07-2009, 10:51 AM
We are going to do a morning at AK, :elephant:then back to the ASMusic Pool :vacation: for a rest before the MNSSHP. Remember you can get into the MK at 4:00 with your ticket if you don't have hoppers that day. We plan to eat early and have ADR's at The Crystal Palace at 5:30. That way when were done eating and step out the door, we'll be at the Party. :pumpkin::bat::pumpkin:
Another option is to do a 5:00 Kona Cafe', then your only a short monorail ride away from the Magic Kingdom. I definately wouldn't do CM on your MNSSHP evening.
TS for lunch....Hot Dog at Casey's that evening works for me!:ghost::ghost::ghost:
Have a great time whatever you decide!

mattandmandy
07-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Last year before MVMCP we had reservations at WL and ended up canceling and eating counter service at the park. We decided to eat counter service before/during MNSSHP this year instead of rushing a dinner.

Disney Doll
07-07-2009, 05:17 PM
We're planning to arrive at MK early between 4 and 5. Then eat a CS meal. We did Cosmic Rays last year just before the party kicked off and it worked well. We'd rather just grab a bite and get on with the festivities.

StitchFan#1
07-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Chefs would be good because you can Monorail it back to MK We always go to Earl of Sandwich and shop before MNSSHP !

marlaine
07-07-2009, 07:06 PM
We've got ADRs at CP at 4:45. I'm thinking we can get done by 5:45 or 6:00 without being rushed and start the party!
(I can't wait--this is the first time we're going!):D

estein80
07-11-2009, 09:23 PM
After receiving responses from I'coter's. I decided that we will take it easy the day we go to MNSSHP. I have a later breakfast ADR for Boma (we are staying at AKL). We are going with our 1 year old (will be 15 mos then) and wanted to take it easy with her during the day, so she can handle and enjoy a slightly later night (granted this could all blow up in my face, but we figure it's worth a shot.) I then booked a 5 o'clock reservation for Tony's. DH prefers table dining (sit down) for dinner. I looked at every resort restaurant and all the ones in the park for the one with the hours I thought would best fit what we wanted to do. This is what we ended up with.

ransam
07-12-2009, 12:46 AM
Last year we had dining reservations at Ohana at 4pm before went to the party...It was perfect. since we were one of the 4pm guests, and that's the time it opened..we got a window seat...and could see the castle perfect... the view was awesome...then we made our way to the park for the party.

DisneyFr33k
07-12-2009, 08:43 AM
When we did it last year, we made ressies at Tony's for around 5:30 or 6:oo and brought costumes to change into. We rented lockers at MK to store them while we were at the park.

During dinner, we saw guests without tickets leaving the park in herds and guests arriving in costume (we were near a window, so it was fun people watching). It was fun seeing everyone in Tony's in costume. Many were changing in the bathroom (like we did) and as the dinner service progressed, we all morphed from regular guests to all sorts of different characters.

When we were done, we stepped out on main street to a totally different feel. The castle was lit up all spooky and everyone was in costume.

We'd do that again if we could as it worked perfectly!

princessat37
07-12-2009, 07:57 PM
we have a 5:55 dinner at park fare so i'm hoping we'll be done in an hour and can hop on the rail. i figure as long as we get there before the 8:15 parade we'll be good, right?
do adults dress up too??

DisneyFr33k
07-13-2009, 08:12 AM
do adults dress up too??

You bet! Whole family's have a lot of wonderful costumes!