PDA

View Full Version : October at WDW question...

bunch
07-06-2009, 07:53 PM
We just booked for our Oct trip and we'll be at WDW from Oct.14-22. I'm confused about the Halloween happenings at the park and what my ticket entitles me on those days. On the days scheduled for Mickey's not so scary party will I be expected to leave at 7:00pm and not see the parade? I'll just be buying regular park admission tickets in advance.
Can you shed me some "eerie" light on this subject? Thanks a bunch!

faline
07-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Yes, you are expected to leave the park when it closes to day guests with regular tickets. If you wish to see the Halloween parade, you should buy tickets to the Party just like all the other folks who plan on attending the party do.

If you attempt to engage in party activities beyond closing time for regular guests, you'll be politely directed towards the exit of the park.

Discussion about bypassing the need for party tickets would be discussion about cheating the system and would not be allowed here on Intercot.

If you really want to attend the party and see that parade, buy the Halloween party tickets. Otherwise, you should leave the park when it closes to day guests.

Pirate Granny
07-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Last year the CM were actually looking at wrist bans along the parade route...and I saw them ask more than one group to please leave and walked them down the street...
:pirate:

bunch
07-06-2009, 08:51 PM
So if you buy tickets in advance for example a 5 day parkhopper is there just a small fee extra for the MNSSHP and is it only at the Magic Kingdom?
I had no intention of trying to bypass anything, :confused:I just want to know that facts about attending on those days.
Thanks.

faline
07-06-2009, 08:53 PM
I wouldn't exactly call it a small fee. You can read all about the party and the party tickets here. (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/halloween/default.asp)

Dsnygirl
07-06-2009, 10:13 PM
So if you buy tickets in advance for example a 5 day parkhopper is there just a small fee extra for the MNSSHP and is it only at the Magic Kingdom?
I had no intention of trying to bypass anything, :confused:I just want to know that facts about attending on those days.
Thanks.
Nope, the MNSSHP tickets are completely separate and pricey, but TOTALLY worth it. We went 2 yrs ago and are going again this year -- it's a completely different park atmosphere than "normal" fall nights. The parade is totally different as are the fireworks -- and IMHO, the best f'works show they do. The Villains Mix & Mingle is a stage show w/ character meeting afterwards and is totally cool... I think you'd really love it. (and if you weren't park hopping and had a ticket to the party, you could gain entrance to MK at 4pm instead of 7pm, even though the party doesn't start until 7pm)

spinnerf
07-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Ive been to the party many times and its loads of fun and worht the extra money, in fact there are nearly no wait for rides!
And wow, that was a harsh response, I didnt get the vibe that she was trying to get over on Disney

biodtl
07-07-2009, 03:34 PM
It can be pricey, but it is definitely worth it.

doombuggygal
07-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Ive been to the party many times and its loads of fun and worht the extra money, in fact there are nearly no wait for rides!
And wow, that was a harsh response, I didnt get the vibe that she was trying to get over on Disney

I'll second that

VolMickey
07-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Thanks for this info, we do plan to attend the MNSSHP, as well.

BTW, this is my 500th Post!!!!

Pirate Granny
07-07-2009, 09:00 PM
I've managed to go for the last 5 years...and we sleep in, and don't go to any park that morning/afternoon...either do a waterpark or DTD...and then we are standing at the MK gates at 4pm (time you can arrive for the MNSSHP)...we just count on one less park day when we purchase our tickets...
:pirate:

Ms. Darling
07-07-2009, 09:29 PM
I should be there then too!!!! We leave on the 16th. :mickey:

And oh yeah... MNSSHP is definitely worth it. It is so much fun. :cloud9:

bunch
07-08-2009, 07:28 AM
Thanks everyone. There's just so much to absorb about WDW! I'm understanding it now with your help and "info central". We are definately going to attend one evening for the party. There's no way I'm going to miss the Headless Horseman riding....
Cheers!

TheVBs
07-08-2009, 08:22 AM
:welcome:

It was a great question and a perfectly logical way to figure out how things work! You most definitely did not sound like you were trying to bypass anything. :mickey: