PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining = Extended Seatings?

iceicebritney
07-06-2009, 04:29 PM
I remember reading posts the past few years about extended seating’s for the popular restaurants during the Free Dining Period (or did I dream that?).

Does anyone know when they announce things like this? I'm desperate for certain ADR's that I've been unsuccessful at booking even with calling daily for the last week. Also, what are the probabilities of them doing this again this year during the Free Dining promotion?

TheRustyScupper
07-06-2009, 05:28 PM
1) They have already added a lunch period to Chef Mickey's.
2) I do not know of any other "extended hours", other than during EMH.
3) Remember, DDP rules specifically say that capacity may limit dining.
4) Just keep trying, and you might get lucky.

NOTE: The other method is to find a Resort Concierge with the dining override. There are a few of us around. They can slip you into any restaurant at any time.

PharmD
07-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Something you might also try is the new online dining reservation system. It will be easier than waiting on the phone. I made my ressies last night for our Oct. trip and it was super easy. :muscles:

iceicebritney
07-07-2009, 09:50 AM
What do you mean by Resort Concierge? How do I find one of those?

I have tried the online system as well as sitting on the phone for hours each morning before work. The online system gives me absolutely no availability whatsoever and doesn't even suggest other restaurants as others suggest the system supposedly does.

TheRustyScupper
07-07-2009, 02:48 PM
1) The concierge desk is in the lobby of all WDW resorts.
2) Now, you just have to find one who has the override code.
3) Usually there are AT LEAST two per resort.
4) Unfortunately, you need to see them in person.

iceicebritney
08-08-2009, 08:13 PM
We are staying at Coronado Springs.. do they have a concierge desk there? I was under the impression they were only at the deluxe resorts.

TheRustyScupper
08-09-2009, 07:09 AM
We are staying at Coronado Springs.. do they have a concierge desk there? I was under the impression they were only at the deluxe resorts.

1) All resorts have a lobby concierge desk.
2) They are not allowed to don't do true concierge-type services.
3) But, they can help out for WDW items
. . . answer WDW questions
. . . make dining ADR's
. . . sell admission and dinner show tickets

TheVBs
08-09-2009, 09:45 AM
Wow! I didn't know any of that. Thank you Rusty! :mickey: