PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on our dining plan?

DisneyAggies
07-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Hey there! I'll be making ADRs on Friday, and I was hoping to get input from you guys!

It will 4 of us, including our 2 DSs (4 and 2). We are on the (free) dining plan. Some of the places on the list are obligatory "must dos" and others are new. Anyway, just looking for opinions. TIA!

Kona Cafe (first morning breakfast tradition)
Le Ceilier (probably spelled wrong)
Garden Grill
T-Rex Cafe
Tusker House
San Angel Inn
Boma (kids LOOOVE the food here!)
Crystal Palace (last day breakfast tradition)

steamboat willy
07-06-2009, 02:51 PM
:thumbsup: Excellent choices, kids should love the T-Rex Cafe', I know I will. Have a great time.
Steamboat Willy

edhunter28
07-06-2009, 03:57 PM
good choices Le celier is my favorite restraunt there.:mickey:

DisneyAggies
07-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Thanks!

edhunter--I have to admit, I chuckled when I read that you liked Le Ceilier...DH REALLY prefers the Concourse Steakhouse (and I get to hear "why did they close it?" EVERY TIME!) LOL

FTR, I think I could eat my weight in pretzel bread! LOL

PharmD
07-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Those are excellent choices. We have ate at most of them and are doing Boma, Le Cellier this time. I notice you had Tusker House, are you doing Donald's breakfast? If so that one is awesome especially for young ones. That is one of our favorites.

DisneyAggies
07-07-2009, 09:30 PM
PharmD--yes, I was considering doing Donald's breakfast. Glad to hear you liked it. DH is still miffed that the "old Tusker House" is gone...LOL

Can you tell he doesn't handle change well? ;)

threeh
07-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Great choices, some of my personal faves!!!
Have a great trip:thumbsup:

threeh
07-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Thanks!

edhunter--I have to admit, I chuckled when I read that you liked Le Ceilier...DH REALLY prefers the Concourse Steakhouse (and I get to hear "why did they close it?" EVERY TIME!) LOL ! LOL

I totally agree I loved concorse steak house. We only ate there once but it was the BEST meal I ever had at WDW, plus you got to watch the monorails pass by, loved it!!!!

DisneyFr33k
07-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Here are our comments about your choices:

Kona Cafe (first morning breakfast tradition)
We LOVE Kona for dinner!!

Le Ceilier (probably spelled wrong)
Great choice! You'll love it if you get ressies

Garden Grill
Never been there

T-Rex Cafe
Never been there

Tusker House
Great food! Lots of variety

San Angel Inn
This one we did not like. Service very poor and food quality mediocre

Boma (kids LOOOVE the food here!)
We LOVE it too!!

Crystal Palace (last day breakfast tradition)
Never eaten breakfast there, but have eaten dinner there once. We'll never go back.

Just my :twocents:. Everyone has their personal favorites and tastes.

Have a great trip!!

Loves the Mouse
07-08-2009, 04:55 PM
All your places sound great ! You are getting me hungry ! One question is T-Rex on the dining plan ? My friends son would love this restaurant if it is. They want as little out of pocket expenses. Because they have 6 in their party. And everything adds up in Disney !

ransam
07-08-2009, 06:21 PM
It's funny you mentioned the Concourse Steak house..
that was the very first resturant i have ever done on the free dining plan..that was back when the gratuitiy was included....i remember walking away thinking i was ripping disney off....it was so good, and i didn't pay (free dining). i went out and bought a t-shirt just so i could give some money back....well, and it was a very cool t-shirt too!:secret:

brownie
07-09-2009, 08:45 AM
Looks good to me. I hope you enjoy your dining!

DisneyFr33k
07-09-2009, 12:18 PM
One question is T-Rex on the dining plan ?

It's not listed in the 2009 Dining Plan Brochure.
Someone correct me if I am wrong.

DisneyAggies
07-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Nope it's not on the dining plan.

ACK! That means one more ressie to add!! LOL

Pooshu11
07-11-2009, 12:04 AM
I like your choices a lot. Bon apetit!