PDA

View Full Version : Signature Menus

jonahbear2006
07-06-2009, 02:15 AM
I am trying to figure up our tips for our meals and when I got to the signature menus I was stumped. What do we get to order off of here. The dining plan brochure says appetizer for a child, the entree, dessert, and drink....so do the adults not get appetizers? then what is first course? is that appetizers? Anyone who has eaten at these places, please advise.:mickey:

hardingella
07-06-2009, 06:30 AM
Last year we visited several signiture restaurants, and it had all changed from previous years. I seem to remember getting the entree and dessert and a soft drink as part of the DP but not the appetizer,I still ordered one and just got charged for it at the end,which for me is a shame because i would much prefer an appetizer than a dessert. Why cant we choose either or?.
Although it has changed we would never stay at Disney and not have DP, its still great value for money.:thumbsup:

316 days and counting

TheRustyScupper
07-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Why cant we choose either or?

1) Adult meals do not include an appetizer on DDP.
2) It is simple economics.
3) Deserts are cheaper than appy's.
. . . desserts can be made ahead of time in bulk
. . . desserts are mostly bought rather than made
. . . desserts require less labor
. . . desserts can be kept for days if not used

#1donaldfan
07-06-2009, 12:13 PM
....we had several CM's tell us that the current system is going to go under another change and they told us that it may well include just what we all want....our choice of appetizer or dessert....

....we all understand that economically speaking desserts are more cheaply maintained, however they are mostly wasted....a family of 5 with 5 desserts after eating a HUGE meal just get tossed out. Most of us do not relish the thought of lugging around a carrot cake in a plastic container.....hopefully they can come up with a suitable alternative.....???:thumbsup:

Tinkerbellfan
07-06-2009, 02:56 PM
When we used the deluxe dining plan in November 2008, it included both appetizers and dessert at the signature restaurants.