PDA

View Full Version : Monorail accident?

eam
07-05-2009, 07:28 AM
Has anyone heard anything about an accident involving the monorail at WDW? Just saw a little bit on the news and it said that one driver was killed. I hope all is well and this might not be true.

Marymouse2003
07-05-2009, 07:30 AM
I was just about to post the same question. My Dad said he saw it on Fox News channel. Is this true?!?!?!?

DisneyAndRedSox
07-05-2009, 07:33 AM
I just posted the story in the "News"forum.

From local 6 news website

At 2am Sunday morning, Reedy Creek Emergency Services responded to a call at the Ticket and Transportation Center at the Magic Kingdom. Two monorails collided. 8 people were evaluated total following the crash. One monorail driver was killed. The other driver is fine physically. There were 5 to 6 guests on the monorail at the time of the crash. Disney World Public Relations tells Local 6 that they will release more information later this morning. They are on scene right now gathering information about the incident.

A witness tells Local 6 that he heard a huge crashing noise when the monorails collided. He was able to get pictures and video of frazzled guests walking off the train.

Another report indicates that a moving pink train hit a stationary purple train.

Local 6 has obtained dramatic pictures from the scene of the crash. Stay with Local 6 for more information about this crash.

doombuggygal
07-05-2009, 07:34 AM
It is true, apparently an Epcot Monorail rear ended another killing the driver. Just read about it on one of the Orlando new sation's website. How very sad.

Melanie
07-05-2009, 07:47 AM
Discussion in the News forum (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=157570).