PDA

View Full Version : Cape May Cafe or Ohana's for Breakfast

pluto 77
07-05-2009, 02:04 AM
Which one would you choose for breakfast based on both food and character interaction?

jonahbear2006
07-05-2009, 02:22 AM
Cape May Cafe. Both are great venues, however, wdw Lilo kind of creeps us out, lol. But all kidding aside, Cape May Cafe has a bigger variety of food than Ohana's breakfast does and I would much rather see Minnie than Stitch; esp. since stitch is so commonly running around MK and Minnie is a little more of a commodity.Everything you could eat at Ohanas you will have at Cape May, but this is not true if you reverse it, and we are all about variety, so I guess with food and with characters, we would prefer cape may cafe.

DizneyRox
07-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Ohana seems to be overrated. While the cahracter interaction can be good, the food is just ehh... It's the same you get just about everywhere else.

Cape May had greater variety and seems the cahracters are a little better at visiting. We saw them twice (one meal) on a recent trip.

DANAM
07-06-2009, 03:21 PM
'Ohana's is our favorite breakfast in Disney. Although, I have never had a good experience at Cape May Cafe so we will never be returning there.

brownie
07-07-2009, 08:52 AM
Cape May Cafe is our favorite character breakfast.

Nicki'sMom
07-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Cape May was really good food and my daughter had a lot of time with the characters.

jakeybake
07-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Cape May is by far our favorite character meal.

The character interaction is excellent and the food is top shelf, especially for a buffet.

The entire family had plenty of options to choose from and we are a family of picky eaters.

It's the kind of place that makes you wish that there was a way to avoid getting full so you could stay and dine all morning.

Jay

redleg96
07-08-2009, 06:04 PM
I think the character interaction at O'Hana is great, as long as you like Stitch and co... Food at Cape May is much better in my opinion

DizneyRox
07-08-2009, 07:03 PM
At this point, I honestly can't say that breakfast at Disney has much variety. The eggs are the same everywhere, the bacon is the same, the sausage is the same, etc...

There are a few standouts, notably Donald's Safari Breakfast, but all I saw was pretty much the same breakfast rehashed. Characters were different, based on where you were.

I'm not at all impressed with breakfast at Disney. Or many of the meals for that matter, but breakfast is the worst.

Maleficent's Dad
07-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Cape May, hands down.
But then again, I'm biased towards anything in the Boardwalk area...

I agree with DizneyRox above that 'Ohana is extremely overrated...

haley's mom
07-09-2009, 09:34 AM
I am considering Cape May for our upcoming trip. Can someone help me figure out how to get there? We have Ohanas booked simply due to us staying at All-Star Movies, going to MK that day and easily taking monorail to Poly. How could we do this with Cape may?

DizneyRox
07-09-2009, 01:09 PM
If it's an Epcot EE day, bus to Epcot and walk over to Beach Club. If it's not, take a bus to whatever park is early entry and then a bus back to Beach Club.

The problem with the second option is that the new on demand bus system will probably leave you stranded at the park for a while. We were told by a bus driver they don't run a lot from the parks back to reosrt early in the AM.

Your best way may be to just take a cab. I'm not a big fan on the new bus system in place, it really doesn't help guests travel. What used to be a hour journey can easily turn into a couple hours because they just don't do round trips anymore.

wire0monkey
07-10-2009, 04:24 PM
We love Stitch but...
the buffet at Cape May has more variety than the "family skillet" at 'Ohana.

Skippy
07-12-2009, 10:02 AM
I am considering Cape May for our upcoming trip. Can someone help me figure out how to get there? We have Ohanas booked simply due to us staying at All-Star Movies, going to MK that day and easily taking monorail to Poly. How could we do this with Cape may?

I hadn't heard of Cape May. Which characters are (schedule to be) there?

Maleficent's Dad
07-12-2009, 08:55 PM
I hadn't heard of Cape May. Which characters are (schedule to be) there?
Minnie, Goofy, & Donald, last I saw. They're dressed for the beach as well... :mickey:

pluto 77
07-14-2009, 12:40 AM
Thanks for all of the responses. We decided to try Cape May!!! :mickey:

Mom2princesses
07-15-2009, 11:05 PM
Definitely 'Ohana. We love breakfast there and Stitch is just super fun. I prefer the sitdown meal to a buffet. The food at 'Ohana is great. I don't think it is over rated at all. We enjoy it and it is a must do every year.

If you are going to be in the MK you should stick with 'Ohana. I personally think it would take too much time to get to the boardwalk and back to the MK. If you are going to be Epcot then Cape May would be the way to go.

Aloha!