PDA

View Full Version : Passholders to Theme Parks

jonahbear2006
07-04-2009, 07:42 PM
When we asked to upgrade to annual passholders she told us that if we did that it would interfere with our free dining plan. She said that we needed to do it when we only had 1 day tickets left on our card and that we would then pay the difference from what we paid for our tickets.
1. does this work?
2. what difference am i going to pay? we got 10 day tickets with water park and more, so are they gonna deduct the water park charge or is it the complete $1615 we are paying for tickets? If I add on park hopper to THIS trip, will that count towards my annual passholders?
3. I am soooo confused!

BMan62
07-04-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm not sure what the concern is...If you purchased a MYW ticket as part of the "Free DDP" offer, just enter a park and go to Guest Services and upgrade your ticket to an Annual Pass if that is what you want. Once you have entered on the original MYW pass, you have 14 days to upgrade/change that pass.

The upgrade fee would be the full fee for the pass less the cost of the MYW ticket you purchased for the "Free DDP" offer.

One note: If this is your plan, do not pay the extra for the PH option as it will be automatic on the Annual Pass. I believe, and I may be wrong, that you would need the Premium Annual Pass to have WP/DQ entry privileges.

faline
07-04-2009, 08:38 PM
Premium annual passes are required for waterpark admission.

medic9016
07-04-2009, 08:40 PM
I would think it is because the free dining is attached to your MYW tickets/package. If you upgrade on the first day of you MYW tickets it will void the package and the free dining. That is just a guess.

BMan62
07-04-2009, 08:46 PM
I would think it is because the free dining is attached to your MYW tickets/package. If you upgrade on the first day of you MYW tickets it will void the package and the free dining. That is just a guess.

The "Free DDP" is attached to the room stay, not the MYW tickets. The minimum 1 day MYW ticket is just a condition on the offer. The meals are based on number of nights of your stay. What you do once you have used one park entry on your MYW ticket has no bearing on the "Free DDP" offer.

This has been discussed on other threads.

In any event, you have 14 days to upgrade your MYW ticket after first use, so if you are concerned, just wait until your last day and upgrade right before you leave. Your AP renewal date will be the first day of your original MYW ticket no matter when you do it within the 14 day period.

jonahbear2006
07-04-2009, 09:01 PM
ok, so basically the only money we will be losing then is the $200 that we are spending on a water park and more option then, got it. thanks folks. I will do this. Def. want the Annual passholder. I really want to upgrade before I buy my MNSSHP tickets though and THAT is why I am concerned, bc you get a discount with the AP. Not that it is THAT much of a difference in price but I feel like it is lost money, cause I dont understand why I cant upgrade the tickets now, over the phone.

BMan62
07-04-2009, 09:15 PM
You could always buy you AP now, at full price, get the one day MYW pass for the "Free DDP" offer and save it for when you need to renew your AP, or anytime after your AP expires.

You do not need to USE the MYW ticket for this trip, you just need to purchase it to get the offer.

wdwnomad
07-04-2009, 10:14 PM
I know what you are talking about when they are refering to interfering with the dining plan. What happens is sometimes the CM at Guest Services void out our Key to the World Card when doing the transaction. Some CM's know the way around this while others don't. When this happens your dining credits disappear. I've had this happen to me. Luckily, I had other KTTW cards that had the dining plan on it so it didn't matter.

The way to go around this is after checking in and getting your KTTW card take it over to the concierge desk at the resort. Ask them to remove your park ticket from the KTTW card. They will put the ticket on a separate card. Your KTTW card will still allow you access to your room and have the dining plan on it. Be prepared though that some CM's at the desk say it can't be done. It can be done; you just have the get the CM that knows how to do it. Just be patient.

When you go to do the upgrade to the AP at Guest Services give them the card with the ticket on it. They will use the value of the ticket towards the purchase of the AP. Note if you have a MYW water parks and more ticket but have not use any of the water parks, etc options you can upgrade to either a regular AP or premium AP. If you have used one of the options then you have to get a premium AP.

jonahbear2006
07-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Well, I dont really want to buy more tickets. I dont want to invest anymore than past these AP tickets, on tickets. And THANK YOU For telling me about the WPand MOre, cause oh i would not be happy if I hadnt researched this and just waited till then end of the trip and then was forced into a premium AP.

Pirate Granny
07-04-2009, 11:17 PM
We tried to have our one day pass removed from our KTTW and all CM refused and said it could not be done. We tried on several occasions...at the POR...with no luck...so I save the day for another time.
:pirate:

Ian
07-05-2009, 08:43 AM
This is yet another example of something that should be very simple, yet is often overcomplicated by poorly trained Cast Members and sub-standard technology.

The situation is this ... in order to book a under the Free Dining promo you need to book a package deal which, by design, has to include park passes. If you either want an annual pass or already have one, the way you get around this is you ask them to include just a one day/one park pass on your package. The cost of the pass is outweighed by the benefit of the DDP (presumably) and the pass is ultimately upgradeable to your next AP anyway so you're not really losing anything in the long run.

We've done this for years now, but about 50% of the time it becomes a huge hassle because the CM's at Guest Services are completely baffled by what we want to do, how to make the computer system do what they need it to do, etc. We once stood at Guest Services outside the Magic Kingdom for close to an hour just to get our one day passes upgraded to AP's. Ridiculous.

Anyway, there's nothing inherently wrong with the situation and like as not you won't have any problems. Also, bear in mind that the full value of the tickets you purchased can be used towards the purchase of your AP, so the cost of the WP&M option won't be lost ... it will just be applied towards the cost of your AP purchase.

However, also remember that unless you buy a PAP it will not include water park admission.

wdwnomad
07-05-2009, 10:19 PM
I totally agree with everyone. It shouldn't be complicated but it is. Some CM's are very knowledgable; others aren't as much as others. Some in my party were able to get the park ticket off the room key no problem. Then the upgrade went simple and quick. Others couldn't get the ticket removed. When they did the upgrade the CM at Guest Services knew about the problem with the dining credits. She was able to do the upgrade without removing the dining credits. Then another time the CM's at Guest Services wiped out the cards and the dining plan. They also gave us some crazy price for the upgrade. Luckily, we knew what it should cost and they were able to fix it.

So my advice would be to ask the CM you are dealing with about it. If they know what they are talking about then do the upgrade with them. If they don't then just say thanks and try another time with a different CM. Just have some patience because it might take a few times to get it done. You want it done right. And, know what it should cost you.

jonahbear2006
07-06-2009, 11:42 AM
We discussed this over the phone and she put us on hold to go check and said that if we want to upgrade with the free dining offer, then really our only choice was to buy the one day rack rate ticket and then in addition, buy the annual passholders. So, next question, if we don't touch the 1 day pass, will it not expire without the no expiration or do we need to go ahead and use this?

mrp4352
07-06-2009, 01:24 PM
It won't expire. We did that in Sep 2007, then used the park admission in May 2008. Just keep up with your room key - that's your park ticket!

We discussed this over the phone and she put us on hold to go check and said that if we want to upgrade with the free dining offer, then really our only choice was to buy the one day rack rate ticket and then in addition, buy the annual passholders. So, next question, if we don't touch the 1 day pass, will it not expire without the no expiration or do we need to go ahead and use this?

Imagineer1981
07-06-2009, 03:33 PM
It won't expire. We did that in Sep 2007, then used the park admission in May 2008. Just keep up with your room key - that's your park ticket!

It doesn't expire until you first use it, and on a 1 day ticket, it won't expire at all

savvychic
07-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Can you use multiple one day passes to go towards the purchase price of a single season pass?

BMan62
07-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Can you use multiple one day passes to go towards the purchase price of a single season pass?

I believe the rule is One For One.

faline
07-06-2009, 07:29 PM
I believe the rule is One For One.

This is accurate.

Daisy'sMom
07-06-2009, 08:04 PM
We are passholders and we had to buy a one day ticket along with our hotel ressies for the free dining. The CM told us to use the one day towards our renewal. It wasn't a big deal.:mickey:

jonahbear2006
07-07-2009, 01:43 AM
ooooh this brings me to my next question. Can I return in November with these one day passes and put the $375 ive spent on these tickets towards my newly turned 3yr olds annual passholder, which we wont have needed until then?