PDA

View Full Version : Just exactly how does the waitlist work?

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
07-04-2009, 02:26 PM
I am on a waitlist to add one additional night at the beginning of my reservation in October. If I get it, great. If not, no big deal. How does this work exactly? I assume it's computerized and if the room I want at the resort I want becomes available and I'm at the top of the list for that room then I get it, right? Is there any advantage to calling Member Services periodically to ask if there are openings for that day? Does the computer (waitlist) grab them first when they become available? Just curious...:confused:

disneyfan56
07-05-2009, 08:07 AM
I've had to waitlist several times because of last minute vacation date changes.

In one case I was patient and just waited for it to happen, which it did. If you are a DVC member you can check the website, if you have registered online with DVC, and any changes will be lsted under the section "View Vacation Details" So if you check it daily, you will know right away if you have gotten the resort you want.

On two other occasions, I called every few days and asked about availability. I was also able to get it switched to the resort we wanted that way.

Here's the link to register with DVC- https://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/register/guestLogin?id=GuestLoginPage&appRedirect=/dvc/member/memberHome?id%3DMemberHomePage

VWL Mom
07-05-2009, 08:50 AM
I was recently told by MS that the waitlists are updated overnight. I have been calling every few days to check on mine. If something opens up during the day, someone calling in would get it before the waitlist every sees it.

lockedoutlogic
07-08-2009, 12:35 PM
I was recently told by MS that the waitlists are updated overnight. I have been calling every few days to check on mine. If something opens up during the day, someone calling in would get it before the waitlist every sees it.

that would seem to be accurate....as repeat pests.....i mean..."callers" always seem to get their waitlists while the standing ones don't seem to move much at all anymore

DizneyRox
07-08-2009, 01:33 PM
There's an old saying, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

TinksDH
07-08-2009, 11:53 PM
that would seem to be accurate....as repeat pests.....i mean..."callers" always seem to get their waitlists while the standing ones don't seem to move much at all anymore

When waitlisted I still continue to call throughout the day just to hedge myself any way I can. Why not? If that is how the system works, then you may as well try and work it.

To my surprise however, my waitlist for Bay Lake Towers came through between calls, so the waitlist system works that way as well! :thumbsup:

lockedoutlogic
07-09-2009, 10:08 AM
When waitlisted I still continue to call throughout the day just to hedge myself any way I can. Why not? If that is how the system works, then you may as well try and work it.

To my surprise however, my waitlist for Bay Lake Towers came through between calls, so the waitlist system works that way as well! :thumbsup:

good for you....

however, not everyone has the ability to call repeatedly to shake something loose from the tree...

they are subject to the whim of the computer system