PDA

View Full Version : ADR times

moe513
07-04-2009, 01:49 PM
What do you think is the best time to make dinner adrs???? Do people prefer the late ressies like after 8 because the restaurants maybe quieter or prefer the 5 oclock ones or maybe the 7 that are right in the middle.

I cant decide and keep changing things.

Thanks

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
07-04-2009, 03:02 PM
We try to do dinners right around when the restaurants frist open for dinners... in the 4 o'clock - 5'oclock hours. We have 2 little ones, and we have found that if we wait any longer... it might not be a great experience for those around us due to exhaustion setting in. Additionally, there does not seem to be as much of a wait after the ADR time for a table if we get there right at the beginning of them serving dinner. So we eat breakfast in our rooms with food we brought. Get to the parks for 9/10 am... eat lunch around 11/11:30 and that way by 4pm we are hungry for dinner. By the time we get out of dinner around 6... if the girls are doing well, then we try for a few more rides. If we see they are at the breaking point... we just head home.

If we didn't have the girls with us, I think I would prefer dinner at 6-7pm..

wdw_bound
07-04-2009, 03:41 PM
It depends on the restaurant. For some reason, Coral Reef always seems to have a wait, so if you have a 7 ADR and you are starving, you will be miserable by the time you are seated at 7:45 (others may have better luck with wait times here - and we still enjoy the meal, even with the wait).

Some of the restaurants seem to take a while to get swinging (OHana and WCC come to mind), while others (1900 PF for example) have a special opening ceremony. Buffets are probably better earlier, but only if they don't just switch over from lunch, like CP.

Not every guest is as considerate as the PP - many is the time that we've been surrounded by families who simply pushed everyone too far, which makes it no fun for everyone.

Whatever you decide, you are in WDW, so, really, it can't be bad. Have a great trip! :mickey::mickey:

Disney Doll
07-06-2009, 01:32 PM
I think it really depends on the family. We have a small child so we like to eat dinner around 5:00 which is his usual meal time. We also get an early start each morning which means all our meals tend to be early. Plus, we like to be back at the hotel a little earlier than most to get DS to bed so eating after 8pm is just not an option in our situation.