PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Disney traffic patterns

mikes1982
07-04-2009, 12:59 AM
I am heading to Disney early/mid July, and typically this is a "busy" time at the parks. With the current economy, does anyone know what the foot traffic pattern has been over the past year so I can kind of gauge how "busy" it is expected to be? I would imagine that less people are traveling due to tightening budgets, which could mean the total visitors at Disney are down this year. Does anyone know this to be true?:mickey:

Strmchsr
07-04-2009, 08:14 AM
First, :welcome: to Intercot!!!

Actually, due to Disney's aggressive marketing and deals running this year, especially during times when deals are not typically offered, most folks are reporting that things seem busier than normal this year. It seems more folks are visiting WDW, but they're spending less on things like souvenirs. So, given this pattern, I would expect things to be pretty busy.

johnO
07-04-2009, 03:09 PM
Does WDW ever put out any stats on these matters?

Strmchsr
07-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Does WDW ever put out any stats on these matters?

No. Specific attendance figures are not released, though they'll sometimes put out general announcements like it's up or down.

BluewaterBrad
07-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Welcome!!:mickey:

Mousemates
07-06-2009, 10:05 AM
:ditto:

beksy
07-06-2009, 11:25 AM
Just wanted to add my Welcome to Intercot! You've picked a great place to join. Any question I have always seems to find an answer so don't be afraid to participate with answers/questions (it does get easier after the first!) :party:

Imagineer1981
07-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Yes, it actually has been very busy due to the promotions. Be prepared to take advantage of Extra Magic Hours and use Fast Past!!!

jans2kids
07-06-2009, 04:21 PM
We were there June 17-28 and the lines were longer than last summer when we were there in August.

If your a morning person be at the parks for opening and do as much as you can from opening to lunch time. We were able to do so much more then than the rest of the day.

One morning in the first hour at MK we were able to do Buzz 4 times no lines, Stitch and Monsters Inc.

We went to to EMH's and they were a complete zoo, worst was MK. At 11pm lines were still over 60 minutes for alot of rides.