PDA

View Full Version : Biergarten or Marakkesh?

FaithTrustPixieDust
07-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Our 90 day mark is coming up soon . . .I'm having trouble deciding what ADRs to shoot for. We've never eaten at either of these restaurants, and they both sound fun.

Another current post about Biergarten tells me that the show is performed approx once an hour.

What about the belly dancers in Morocco? Do you have to be sitting in a certain room, or catch it at a certain time?

Thanks!:mickey:

chick20679
07-03-2009, 04:41 PM
I like them both equally! I would say you should make your decision on which food items you think you and your family would enjoy more.

Here is some info I have found on show times:

Restaurant Marrakesh
Traditional Moroccan music and dance inside Restaurant Marrakesh.
Daily at 12:50, 1:50, 2:50, 5:00, 6:00, 7:00 & 8:10pm; Belly Dancer begins 10 minutes after show begins.
Length of show: 25 minutes

Oktoberfest Musikanten
Experience the excitement of Oktoberfest with a festive dinner show in the Biergarten.
Daily at 1:15, 2:15, 3:15, 4:45, 5:55, 7:00 & 8:05pm
Length of show: 25 minutes

Pigtunia
07-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Partly it depends on what you like to eat. Marakkesh features a fair amount of lamb, and Biergarten has a lot of pork. Both are good. As for the shows, often the dancer at Marakkesh gives a better performance outside the restaurant, in front of the pavillion than she does indoors (IMHO). Personally, I would eat at Biergarten, have a few beers while the show goes on, and then walk over to see the dancer perform outside.

Friend of Figment
07-03-2009, 07:20 PM
I like both places. Other things to consider:

At Biergarten
- seating is at communal tables (you will sit with strangers)
- meal is a buffet
- it is very noisy

At Morocco:
-order from a menu
-individual tables
- the show is loud, but otherwise the dining is quieter

DisneyOtaku
07-05-2009, 01:58 PM
While I enjoy the food at both, I prefer that Biergarten--but that might be my German heritage shining through :blush:

nicster
07-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Biergarten for us this time. I have found, unfortunately that the atmosphere at Marakkesh is not so warm & friendly. I am of Middle Eastern descent (1/2) so I was really disappointed in that. The food has always been good (not as good as my grandmothers-but good). We are looking for a more lively & fun experience this time. I am sure you will not be disappointed with what ever you choose, it's Disney after all!:thumbsup: