PDA

View Full Version : IllumiNations showtimes and EMH

azcavalier
07-03-2009, 01:31 PM
What time does IllumiNations usually run, and does it run at that same time during extra magic hours and the park is open late? My DW seems to think that the show runs right before closing, no matter what time closing is. I'm thinking that it runs just after dark, and so if we're there one night when the park is open later, we can watch the show and then not fight the crowds trying to leave the park. Which one of us is right?

Fangorn
07-03-2009, 05:59 PM
Illuminations pretty much always starts at 9pm regardless of EMH. There have been a few times when it has started at 8pm, but that's been the only variation I'm aware of (baring the occasional delay due to a passing thunderstorm)

The earlier showtimes were all on Friday nights and I recall there being a logical reason for it, but I can't seem to dredge that memory up.

Steve

CaptSmee
07-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Illuminations pretty much always starts at 9pm regardless of EMH. There have been a few times when it has started at 8pm, but that's been the only variation I'm aware of (baring the occasional delay due to a passing thunderstorm)

The earlier showtimes were all on Friday nights and I recall there being a logical reason for it, but I can't seem to dredge that memory up.

Steve

This is in fact true. The reason for the 8 showins was because during slow season this year Epcot closed at 8 to the general public on Friday nights (EMH for WDW guests), so Illuminations was at 8. The only variations I know of that exist is 2nd showings on holidays.