PDA

View Full Version : Submitting an idea for a product line?

TheVBs
07-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Does anyone here know how someone would go about submitting an idea to Disney for a product line?

Thanks! :mickey:

dnickels
07-03-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm sure someone will have more specific information, but I know that generally, large companies do not take any type of intellectual property submissions (product lines, ideas, etc) from individuals. Generally they won't even open the letter because they worry about legal issues down the line (i.e. if someone were to sue Disney claiming they submitted the idea for Expedition Everest or something like that 15 years ago).

If you have some sort of 'in' that can be a different thing, and maybe Disney does have some sort of process but again that's how most companies work.

TheVBs
07-03-2009, 12:23 PM
I wouldn't be at all surprised if you're right about that. I have sent an email to Disney asking about this, but haven't heard back yet.

I have a wonderfully creative friend who has an idea and since he lives overseas I wanted to help him out in any way I could.

DizneyRox
07-03-2009, 11:10 PM
Disney absolutely DOES NOT take ideas from outside parties. Too much legal mess, they are very upfront about that. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it is a good idea, that it gets implemented in some way. Of course development would have been underway long before you submitted the idea, so expect no credit or other compensation.

TheVBs
07-04-2009, 01:03 PM
That doesn't surprise me. And, again, it's not my idea - I wish I were that creative! :mickey: I imagine that Disney does all of it's product development internally. Thanks again for the info!

TheVBs
07-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Apparently they do!! I got a response from them. :mickey:

TheVBs
07-23-2009, 01:36 PM
My friend has officially submitted his idea! :mickey: If everyone would share a little pixie dust with him, I would really appreciate it! They've had a rough time of it lately and could really use some good news. :mickey: Thanks!