PDA

View Full Version : Resort cups

Missy_Mouses_Dad
07-03-2009, 09:56 AM
We heard a rumor last week while at WDW that WDW was contemplating using a barcode or some other similar "tracking system" to enable only purchases of the mugs to get refills. I made a conscious effort to watch the various forms of "liquid holders" that were being used by resort guests. It was amazing!! There were almost as many types of mugs/cups/glasses/coolers being used as there were guests. A rough estimate was 50% of the refillers were not using the current mugs.

As a holder of a rather large collection of Disney resort mugs (one for each visit, of course), I am all for some sort of tracking system to disburse drinks.

I realize this horse has been ridden, beaten, and sent to the glue factory, but it is still a sore spot with me...

kakn7294
07-03-2009, 01:07 PM
I understand you concern and agree for the most part. What concerns me with a bar code system is the single-use paper cups. They would have to bar code all those cups too or come up with a system to allow guests to fill those cups. Either way, it's an added expense for Disney that would most likely be passed on to us.

Missy_Mouses_Dad
07-03-2009, 02:39 PM
You are correct...Disney would pass the extra cost on to us, as unfortunate as that may be. DD was jokingly going through the packing process at WDW pretending she couldn't find her cup from previous years and didn't know what to do. It was pretty funny...