PDA

View Full Version : HDDR: Can you give me the rundown?

TheVBs
07-02-2009, 03:42 PM
I've browsed a lot of the threads on this and have gotten some idea of what it's like, but I'm wondering if anyone can give me more details. What is the show like/about? Is there audience participation? Is there a dance floor? Can kids get up and dance, participate? Are there any characters there? Is it worth paying Cat. 1 prices over Cat. 2?

Thanks! :mickey:

It'sWDW4me
07-02-2009, 05:01 PM
It's kind of like a vaudeville/skit type of thing with the players singing and dancing and such. No characters but the players do come into the audience to see birthday/anniversary/special occasion groups and the pull one or two "helpers" out of the audience.

I was there before the cat 1/2/3 seating but our group was seated on the floor about 1/2 way (maybe a little more) back from the stage. We had an excellent view and we all had a great time (me-36; mom - 54; DS - 11; DB - 11; DB - 16; DB's BFF - 16). I do want to do this one again.

mainemajor
07-02-2009, 09:38 PM
The tables are fairly close together and with the wait staff moving about there is not really any space to dance around. The audiance in encourages to participate by clapping, stomping their feet and simply laughing at the corney jokes that seen to come a mile a minute.

As for the difference between cat 1, 2 and 3. If we are paying for it vs. DDP we always opt to pay the extra for cat 1 seating. On our last trip we ended up in the front row. We could not have asked for better seats and the photos we got were priceless.

faline
07-02-2009, 10:14 PM
The Hoop De Doo has been a favorite of ours since our very first trip - more years ago than I would like to admit! It's a stage show full of lots of wonderful corny jokes! Kids love it! Occasionally, I have run into folks who did not like it but, in my opinion, everyone should see this show at least once!

TheVBs
07-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the responses! They're very helpful. It definitely sounds like something we will have to try on our next trip. :mickey:

PlutoPlanet
07-05-2009, 09:17 PM
HDDR really is a classic Disney experience. We are glad we did it. We still have fond memories of the show and dinner.