PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club

Lizzy
07-02-2009, 10:47 AM
I booked my birthday trip to the Beach Club and cannot wait to go! I have only been at this hotel for one night in the past and was instantly hooked!

Besides the obvisouly wonderful pool, anyone have any thoughts on what we could do around the hotel upon arrival? We will be getting in around 7 pm. I would like to stay close to the hotel since this is the first time my boyfriend will be staying in a Disney hotel, and between working 2 jobs I rarely get an actual weekend, much less a weekend away at Disney to relax and enjoy myself.

SBETigg
07-02-2009, 10:51 AM
You can explore the Boardwalk(shops, restaurants, clubs), which is a short walk from your hotel, or just enjoy walking around the BC and your room. You could take the boat ride to Disney Studios and back just for a fun, relaxing ride.

Lizzy
07-02-2009, 11:00 AM
the boat ride sounds like a great idea! :thumbsup:

ThanxForNoticin
07-02-2009, 12:10 PM
The boat ride is a great idea. Might I also suggest an evening 'snack' at Beaches 'n Cream? If you are really ambitious, you can walk through the Swan resort to Fantasia mini-golf - I think they are usually open until 10 or 11 at night.

Depending on the situation with your park passes, you could consider walking into EPCOT for Illuminations that night (but you'd have to decide if it's worth a full day on your passes).

Hope you enjoy your trip - BC is one of our favoriate places.

PlutoPlanet
07-02-2009, 12:15 PM
You may want to think about Jellyrolls, a night club on the BW.

MarkC
07-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Thanx has a great idea. Walk over to Epcot (if you have passes and aren't wasting a day needed for later). Grab a pastry from the shop at France and watch Illuminations from the United Kingdom area. Then you have a leisurely 5 minute stroll back to the motel. You may find you do that more than once- I'm guilty of doing that about 3 times per trip. Mark

Lizzy
07-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Sadly we only have my birthday free day and his one day pass for the 16th, or else I would be all for spending more time in the park!

These are all great suggestions though!

brownie
07-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Go to Beaches n' Cream for a Kitchen Sink sundae.

StillSimbaGirl
07-05-2009, 12:57 PM
You can still watch the fireworks at EPCOT without actually going in...there's a little bridge that crosses from the Beach Club over to the Boardwalk area...the bridge gives you a little elevation.

You won't see the big earth ball in the water, but you will still see plenty of fireworks.

wifey5794
07-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Grab a drink or some ice cream and watch a movie on the beach! And then turn around to see fireworks!

TikiLounger
07-06-2009, 05:53 PM
I think, that once you're there, you'll find plenty to do. All the suggestions above are great. It really is an amazing place to stay. You'll love it!

Raye3201
07-06-2009, 10:21 PM
You could go to the campfire on the beach at 8 pm and then the movie on the beach starts at 9 pm (usually anyway).
Also swimming in the lazy river pool would be romantic on one of the two-person rafts.
:mickey:

PopeCharming
07-06-2009, 10:39 PM
My advice is to go to Boardwalk, just a short walk away- but in particular, to go to Jellyrolls. Its a nightclub featuring dueling piano players- who are astoundingly good. They can play almost any pop song on request.

Pooshu11
07-11-2009, 12:23 AM
We just got back from BC-you'll love it there! When you check in, they give you information about the daily activites that BC offers for that week (included w/ your check-in material). There's lots to do and movies under the stars sounded great; too bad we never got a chance to do it and I'm mad that I missed watching Bug's Life one night! We saw people doing the campfire around 8ish and looked fun! They were roasting marshmellows on the fire, yum!

JPL
07-11-2009, 12:57 AM
Go to Beaches n' Cream for a Kitchen Sink sundae.

:ditto: :eat:

iheartdisney
07-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Wow! Lots of great suggestions here. I will second - exploring Boardwalk, a "snack" at Beaches and Cream, S'mores on the Beach and fireworks on the bridge.

LibertyTreeGal
07-11-2009, 08:13 PM
The absolute best thing about BC (hands down) is the berry yogurt parfait at the Marketplace in the morning. I ate it EVERY SINGLE DAY and make them at home because I can't get enough.

Jeri Lynn
07-12-2009, 11:27 AM
I second JellyRolls!!!