PDA

View Full Version : Best Day for MVMCP?

Bean Bunny
07-01-2009, 10:49 PM
We'll be experiencing the holiday season at WDW for the first time this December :joy:, the third week to be exact. We are also going to be attending MVMCP!! I want to order my tickets, but we are having trouble making the decision of what day to go. Obviously, we want to avoid larger crowds, so we are staying away from the weekend dates, which leaves us with the choice of Tuesday or Thursday. So....

Which night do you think would be the least crowded: Tuesday or Thursday? Drawing from any previous experience, does one of those days typically sell out more than the other once it gets closer (i.e. does Thursday tend to sell out more because it's so close to the weekend?)? Or is it just a complete toss-up between the two, with one being no better or worse than the other?

Thank you in advance for your opinions!

Marymouse2003
07-02-2009, 12:15 AM
It's my absolute fav time to go. In fact, it's the exact time we go each yr, but no trip this yr. I wld book the Tues. & if there is a rain night cancel or sumthn goes wrong 4 any reason, u can still try while you're there 2 go on Thurs. Myself, I wld go both nights, but that's just me. I happen to be a WDW/Christmas Freak. Enjoy:thumbsup:

Bean Bunny
07-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the advice! That is exactly what we decided to do, and my husband's logic was the same as yours, that this way, in case of bad weather or something, we have a chance to go again before we leave.

CardsFan81
07-04-2009, 01:38 PM
I would think a weeknight would be better. I've been to MVMCP on both a sold out night and a non-sold out night and I didn't see much difference, if any. Disney limits the number of people in the park, so I would pick based on what is best for your schedule.

I would recommend picking a day you can sleep in some because it lasts until midnight. Last time we did the Keys to the the Kingdom tour early in the morning and MVMCP that night. It was a long day.

Roland
07-07-2009, 07:06 PM
I've gone to the MVMCP many, many times and Tuesday is the best night. The weekend dates are just nuts and I wouldn't waste your money.

It's still a good time but I've notice some cutbacks on the decorations last year and I think the photos aren't free anymore.