PDA

View Full Version : Just back from Kidani

Horizon93
07-01-2009, 06:17 PM
We were at Kidani Village from June 17 to the 24th. We were in a 2 br standard view. It was a great vacation. Kidani is beautiful, the CMs are pleasant and helpful. The savanna is huge because of the design of the resort.

We are heading back there in Jan.

I am happy to answer any questions.

MinnieMommie
07-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the review. Since you were not in a savannah view room what/where was your viewing access for the animals? Did you visit Jambo House and if so what was the transportation like between the 2. Also, Did you use the bus system and what was that like? Thanks :mickey:

DVC Mike
07-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Glad to hear you enjoyed Kidani!

Horizon93
07-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the review. Since you were not in a savannah view room what/where was your viewing access for the animals? Did you visit Jambo House and if so what was the transportation like between the 2. Also, Did you use the bus system and what was that like? Thanks :mickey:

The standard view was very nice. A good point saver. In terms of viewing the animals, we spent a great deal of time on the observation decks off the lobby and in the library which also has a great view of the Sunset Savanna.

We did visit Jambo including dinner at Jiko. We simply walked over. Not a bad walk at all, about 10 minutes. We used the walking path in the morning for our usual 30 minute walk.

The bus service was excellent. Very short waits and quick trips to the parks. I do think that when Kidani is completely open, they will need more buses. But no complaints on this trip.

DizneyRox
07-01-2009, 10:08 PM
Transport at Kidani is great, better than Jambo House IMHO. Busses stop at Kidani first, then head to Jambo.

To go between the two:
ANY Park bus will take you from Kidani to Jambo. The DTD bus will take you from Jambo to Kidani. Walking is easier on both accounts however.

As stated previously, the lack of CS location for Kidani is a bummer. Hauling food back from Jambo to Kidani is a chore, the Mara doesn't appear to be well equipped to handle this. Yes, they have bags, however the meals don't fit nicely.

Kidani would be perfect with a real CS location. Wait until the landscaping grows in!

Horizon93
07-01-2009, 10:21 PM
I don't know why, but not having a CS at KIdani does not bother us. I don't know where they would put it anyway. We always eat breakfast in the room. One day on our stay we had lunch at the pool. I had the sandwich and DW had the salad. Both were good.

I also figure that if we ever want a CS meal, we will do what we do at Jambo. Go to Marra and sit down and enjoy!

WishesFan13
07-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Kidani sounds great. Thanks for your suggestion on my thread about where to stay. When we called BCV and AKV were both available when we're going in January and we decided to stay in AKL. We'll be in Kadani in a savannah view. Can't wait.

Horizon93
07-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Kidani sounds great. Thanks for your suggestion on my thread about where to stay. When we called BCV and AKV were both available when we're going in January and we decided to stay in AKL. We'll be in Kadani in a savannah view. Can't wait.

Congrats on the reservation. Happy planning!

PlutoPlanet
07-02-2009, 08:31 AM
Glad you enjoyed the stay.
As a DVC member can you use the pool at Jambo when you stay at Kadani?

jensantuit
07-02-2009, 08:47 AM
I'm glad that you had a great stay at Kidani Village. We are staying there in December and we can't wait. :mickey:

DVCDisneyMom
07-02-2009, 08:53 AM
We'll be at Kidani in December too. Staying there for the weekend, then moving to Saratoga for a week to meet up with friends and family! So excited!!!

Horizon93
07-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Glad you enjoyed the stay.
As a DVC member can you use the pool at Jambo when you stay at Kadani?

Yes you can@