PDA

View Full Version : Long time no see!

Christine
07-01-2009, 05:36 PM
Hello all,

Been a LONG time since I've been round these parts but I had to share with my "old" friends my excitement that ...after TALKING about it and DREAMING of it for 5 years...

We're moving to, Florida!!
:mjump::tigger::minnie::donald::goofy:

We arrive Saturday! Can't believe it!! :cloud9:

Hope you're all doing well , thanks for letting me share this with yall!

marylynne95
07-01-2009, 07:08 PM
CONGRATS!! :thumbsup:

mainemajor
07-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Beautiful town. Wish we could join you there. :thumbsup:

faline
07-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Enjoy your new home!

badkitty
07-01-2009, 10:39 PM
How lucky! Congratulations on your new home!

GrumpyFan
07-01-2009, 11:10 PM
:congrats:

And Best of Luck to you! Keep us informed of how it works out for you.

vizsla
07-02-2009, 05:21 AM
Congrats :thumbsup:

crazypoohbear
07-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Enjoy your new home and have a great time:thumbsup:

TikiGoddess
07-03-2009, 07:24 AM
That's awesome! I remember you talking about moving, so glad to see the dream came true!

Best wishes for a smooth moove. Maybe we'll see you in August when we're down -- I'm trying to get an impromtu Intercot meet going on Aug 17th or 18th...

Here's the smiley band (picked out by my DD6) to welcome you to FL...
:piano::drummer::tuba::play:Kathy

Christine
07-03-2009, 08:13 AM
Kathy that is adorable! Tell your DD thank you! I'll be watching for that meet! Sounds like fun.

And thanks for the warm wishes for the move everyone. Tomorrow is the big day!!

I'll post pics asap!

RedSoxFan
07-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Congrats:party:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-04-2009, 11:55 AM
Congrats! I'm so jealous.

Christine
07-04-2009, 05:03 PM
My DH & FiL made it there this afternoon! They're unloading the truck. He sounded so excited!!! He said it's amazing to BE there setting up house!

DD & I are sitting at the airport waiting on our flight. Time is ticking SO slowly! I can't wait! I'll sleep tonight in my new home nextdoor to Mickey. Seems surreal!

Kathy Jetson
07-05-2009, 03:06 AM
Sounds like a dream. Please keep us updated :mickey:

BPATSMouse
07-05-2009, 04:50 AM
First off this is my very first post. I am a long time reader of intercot and have applied many helpful suggestions from this site. Never felt I had anything that needed to be said but man am I jealous ;) You are living my dream. Hopefully it will be me living there someday. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!:mickey:

DisneyorBust
07-05-2009, 05:30 AM
Congratulations! Welcome Home!

Christine
07-05-2009, 07:53 AM
We made it!! We're home!! I'll eventually post some pics when we get the computer set up - don't think I can (or know how to) do it from my phone. :blush:

It's as beautiful as I thought and hoped it'd be! Can't wait to get our Florida drivers licenses Monday to be able to buy our resident APs! Til then, lunch at DTD will definitely do!

Thanks again for the well wishes! And BPATSMouse, welcome to Intercot & I hope your dream comes true too! I'd love to say all it took for us to get here was faith trust & pixie dust, but instead it took five years of hard work, struggling, and sacrifice to pay off lots all our debts and save evough to make the leap. But that somehow makes it all the more satisfying! We're so blessed and privelaged that we were able to do the work & see it all come together!

I'll keep yall posted!

mrsgaribaldi
07-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Congratulations:mickey:

Dsnygirl
07-07-2009, 09:21 AM
Hey you -- nice to see you!! Wasn't sure I'd ever get to enjoy your "real" screenname again!! ;)

I can just hear the excitement and thrill in your voice, and as you know, we are SO excited for you guys.... can't wait to see you in person and give you the much deserved :hug: and congrats, you guys made it happen and you sure did it in style!! :D

Now I just picture you guys like this -- :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

DizNee143
07-07-2009, 02:44 PM
congrats on the move and goodluck!
hope you guys love the new home!! :mickey:

johnO
08-07-2009, 02:34 PM
I think a lot of us "Disney Nuts" are envious of your success. :thumbsup:

I for one, would love to hear (read) the story of how your move became reality from start to finish. I think it would be a great thread topic.

I'm curious, who convinced who? Was it your idea or your DH? Was it difficult to convince eachother to make the plunge? What convinced you both that moving to FL was the right descision? What kind of adversity did you guys face trying to make the move happen? Are you worried that living so close will diminish the magic?

I'm getting carried away but this is a great topic IMHO.....

MILWDIANA
08-07-2009, 02:46 PM
I agree!!! I would love to hear more. Our biggest obsticle is employment. Can I ask...???? Did you find similar employment in or near celebration???

We just visited Celebration 2 weeks ago and loved it!!!! Beautiful, quaint little town.

Christine
08-07-2009, 05:44 PM
After we started going to wdw in 2002, our trips became more & more frequent. And it still wasn't enough. A few years later we realized we were living our whole lives in Texas, working to be somewhere else (fl)

So we started thinking about making the move. We started researching the area, schools, crime rates, housing, & quicky fell in LOVE with Celebration

Both my DH & I wanted to go, so it took no convincing on either part.

We realized that the only way to make such a huge move and not be stressed to the limit would be to be debt free, so we started the
Dave Ramsey program. BEST THING WE EVER DID!!

Being debt free gave us the freedom to move & allowed my DH to "start over" with a new
company.

So the 4 years of hard work paid off and here we are!!

Not to say we're living high on the hog now. After all, being "cash only" & living on one
income isn't easy anywhere! But I will say this: the occasional pb&j tastes a LOT better here, 5 miles from the mouse, than it did in Texas! :)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-07-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm so glad you are enjoying life near the Mouse. I'm still jealous!

SBETigg
08-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Wow, fantastic! Congratulations and best wishes in your new home. I hope you love it!

BPATSMouse
08-08-2009, 12:58 AM
I for one, would love to hear (read) the story of how your move became reality from start to finish. I think it would be a great thread topic.

I agree with johnO I too would love to read the story of how this came about. FEED MY DREAM:mickey:

drummerboy
08-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Oh. Did you move somewhere? (Just kidding--I'm good friends with Cantgetenuf.)

You know I'm still jealous, kid.

Mousemates
08-09-2009, 11:11 PM
:congrats:

johnO
08-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Thanks for sharing. I really hope that all goes well in the transition to the new home, jobs, schools etc... and that this move is everything you all hoped for.

BluewaterBrad
08-11-2009, 05:10 PM
:party: Congrats!! :party:

Aggie97
08-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Congratulations on your move! Moving is both scary and exciting, isn't it? But it must feel so great to move for entirely positive, personal reasons. :)

Christine
08-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Congratulations on your move! Moving is both scary and exciting, isn't it? But it must feel so great to move for entirely positive, personal reasons. :)

Scary beyond belief!! My DH was born and raised his entire life in that little Texas town. I'd lived there 18 years. Moving was a terribly frightening thing but once we set to it we couldn't torture ourselves by looking back or "what if-ing" ourselves to death.

So far so good! We miss our old friends like crazy but hey, we'll see them again bc at some point, EVERYBODY comes to wdw!!

Thanks so much for all the well wishes- we appreciate it! It's nice after all the "are you CRAZY" responses we got from folks that just don't get it!! :)

Christine
08-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Oh. Did you move somewhere? (Just kidding--I'm good friends with Cantgetenuf.)

You know I'm still jealous, kid.

Quiet, you!! ;)

Nascfan
08-12-2009, 01:10 PM
What wonderful news that you were able to make your dream come true! I remember when you were talking about wanting to move. I'm very happy for you and your family.

disneykid@hrt
09-20-2009, 08:57 PM
I don't think you're crazy one bit! I literally think about doing this every single day. And I love Dave Ramsey!!:thumbsup:

Good for you!

brownie
09-22-2009, 09:49 AM
You're living my dream! Congrats on being able to make it work and make the move!

KylesMom
09-22-2009, 10:17 AM
This is fabulous news - I'm so happy to hear your dreams have come true! That took a lot of guts on your part - way to go! :mickey: