PDA

View Full Version : Good Things About CSR?

Harkleroad
07-01-2009, 01:45 PM
We will be at CSR Sept. 27th - Oct. 3. We have always stayed at a value but decided to upgrade a moderate since we will get free dining. We were hoping for a CBR Pirate room but at the time I called they were all out. The post I just read has me a little concerned now. We chose CSR because I thought my 3yr DS would love the pool. We are not expecting a deluxe but some good comments would make me feel much better. I know that it is quite large but we dont mind walking and we have our own car. So anyone have good things to say?

buzz2001
07-01-2009, 02:03 PM
You'll have good and bad reviews from all resorts. Here is another one posted recently.

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=155941

We were there in Feb and had a great trip. By Sept, they will be done or just about done with the room renovations. Queen beds, great pool and terrific transportation.

BluewaterBrad
07-01-2009, 03:35 PM
We have only stayed there 1 time, but we loved it! We will be staying there again for our food and wine fest trip. (4 nights) We like staying in Ranchos? the farthest building. Nice and quiet. Pools are great, food court runs different, but was great when we did eat there. I think we like CSR because it seemss the most laid back of all the resorts we have visited.(value to deluxe, to DVC) Have fun!:mickey:

buzz2001
07-01-2009, 05:39 PM
I think we like CSR because it seemss the most laid back of all the resorts we have visited.(value to deluxe, to DVC) Have fun!:mickey:I agree! To me it feels like staying in Cancun.

greengeen
07-01-2009, 05:53 PM
It's our FAVORITE moderate resort! Your daughter will love the pool because it's just soooo unique. And the lake is beautiful, especially early in the morning. You can get great food at Rix Cafe, anytime of day. The gift shop is fabulous. Most rooms have queen beds instead of the usual double bed in other moderates. My only complaint about the resort is the bus service, but since you have your own car, no problem. We're going back in October - can't wait!

Edited to add: we have stayed on property at WDW over 40 times, at every resort except Pop Century and Tree House Villas, so we have some experience with comparing resorts....

WishesFan13
07-02-2009, 09:08 AM
CSR is great. DH and i have stayed there 3 times and will be staying again September 24-Oct 2. The resort is big so it's quite a bit of walking, but it's beautiful and so relaxing to just walk around. One of the trips the buses were a little slow in coming, but not as bad as some other resorts. When we were there in Feb the buses were great. The longest we waited was 20 minutes because the one bus was pulling away when we were walking up. We've stayed in ranchos and casitas. i like rachos the best but DH likes casitas. Casistas is the first bus stop for everything except DTD so there's lots of room when you get on and if you're standing on the way back you're the first ones off. If you get the chance, take time to walk around the different sections because they have different theming. The fountains in casitas are good for pictures. Take time to lay in the hammocks around the lake, very relaxing and i have some great pictures of my sister are i in the same hammock. The pool is awesome. There's a quiet pool in each section along with the dig site pool so CSR has 4 pools. Don't worry you'll have a great time. This is the only resort we're stayed at so many times. i just told DH what i posted and he said the digsite is his favorite pool of any of the resorts.

Disney Doll
07-02-2009, 09:23 AM
We've stayed at 3 of the 4 moderates. Never stayed at POFQ, but we've visited there and CSR is by far my favorite moderate. The resort grounds are gorgeous! We loved to pick up lunch and sit out on the patio by the lake. The pool is also very nice. They have a nice playground too, which is a little better than most playgrounds I've seen at resorts even deluxes. We had no issues with the bus service when we were there last October. In fact the buses were never full. The food court is a little different than what we were used to, but we found the food to be good and it seemed like they had more variety than most food courts. We loved eating out on the patio so much that most days we just got our food to go and didn't eat in the dining room. We will definitely stay at CSR again.

KatMark
07-02-2009, 09:33 PM
CSR is my family's favorite Disney resort--and we've stayed at the CR and the Poly. We stayed at CSR for the 7th time this past September for our 25th wedding anniversary and I turned down the Poly--which DH had said we could do for that special occasion. Oldest DS arrived at Disney today (he's coaching a baseball team) and is staying at the Caribbean. He said the CBR is a nice resort, but he much prefers the CSR.

We love everything about it--the terriic CM's--they have always gone above and beyond for us; great mousekeeping, good food, great pool, largest hot tub of all the moderates, three quiet pools, fitness center/spa and now, of course, the newly rehabbed rooms.

We hope to stay at the AKL next year for four nights with a savannah view; but, I can guarantee, the last five nights will be back "home" at the CSR.

kathiep
07-03-2009, 09:49 AM
We've had terrific experiences at CSR. When we're staying at a moderate, this is our first choice.

My son was aobut 3 1/2 the first time we stayed there and he loved the pool. IMO it's the best pool of the moderates.

We also loved the food court. We never found it confusing at all. We love that there is a wide variety of choices, more than at the other food courts and I like being able to sit down and eat before paying. I get too stressed trying to balance my purchases, watch my kids and pay all at the same time! If you find it confusing, just ask and the CM will be happy to explain how it works.

kakn7294
07-03-2009, 10:25 AM
I have to admit that I wasn't crazy about CSR but it did have some good points:

1 - buses were rarely full and trips to the parks were relatively short

2 - queen beds

3 - nice large gift shop

We never used the pool or Pepper Market so I can't comment on those. And it's been newly refurbished - the new theme to the rooms looks incredible!

caryrae
07-03-2009, 01:51 PM
We will be at CSR Sept. 27th - Oct. 3.

That's cool my wife and I will be there from Sept 25th-29th then off to a different Resort. We can't wait, the only other Disney Resorts we have stayed at in the past were POP and ASMovies.

Harkleroad
07-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the responses. I know that every hotel has good and bad points but it made me nervous that just as I had moved from ASM to CSR I read a few negatives that made me worry that I had chosen the wrong upgrade. All of your comments made me feel alot better and we can't wait to go. Okay we couldn't wait before but good things always make it more exciting. Thanks.

faline
07-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Coronado Springs is my favorite resort. The grounds are quite lovely. Although it is a moderate, it has features that are usually only found at the deluxes (such as room service beyond pizza delivery). We are, however, not a fan of the setup of Pepper Market and do try to avoid eating there.

CrazyStudent
07-05-2009, 10:46 AM
You're in for a treat. I was there for business a few years back and loved the resort. Despite its focus on business, the 'feel' of the resort is friendly and the business activities don't hurt the resort's appeal. It's beautiful at night and the pools are wonderful. Fast bus service with multiple stops around the resort makes CSR manageable despite its large size.

I especially loved the food at Maya Grill too. Pepper Market wasn't for me but Maya Grill more than made up for it. I do think kids like Pepper Market because of the fun atmosphere and numerous choices. Nice exercise room if you need it. Take a walk around the lake at night. It's breathtaking. Enjoy!

:thumbsup:

clou1028
07-05-2009, 11:48 AM
I really like CSR when I stayed there. I thought it was very nice, and I especially liked Pepper Market.

It's just a beautiful resort! I'd be happy to stay there again.

buzz2001
07-08-2009, 06:27 AM
That's cool my wife and I will be there from Sept 25th-29th then off to a different Resort. We can't wait, the only other Disney Resorts we have stayed at in the past were POP and ASMovies.Have a great trip!