PDA

View Full Version : most improved park?

thesplashmountaineer
07-01-2009, 07:41 AM
Most improved park in the last 5 years or so???

1) MK (stitch, Monsters inc, Philarmagic, etc)

2) Epcot (Soarin', Mission: Space, new versions of SSE and Journey into Imagination,etc)

3) DHS (Toy story mania, American Idol, Lights, motors, action!, etc)

4) AK ( EE, Nemo,etc)

You can take in consideration dining additions, shows, upcoming refurbishments, parades, etc

yjgirl32
07-01-2009, 08:58 AM
I voted for Epcot. With Soarin, Kim Possible, Nemo stuff, etc. I think it has made it more appealing to younger kids. Just my thought.

wdwfansince75
07-01-2009, 09:09 AM
All in all, improvements have been balanced....Thought about voting for MK, because of updates to PoTC and HM, and in anticipation of update to Space Mtn....also consider TSMM single best add ever to WDW.....But AK is now a full day park....and EE is the primary reason.....I stay around, and do things I have never done before, waiting for FP time for my 3rd or 4th ride of the day...plus, there are now better places to eat there.... So I voted for AK...

Ian
07-01-2009, 09:30 AM
It was a tough call for me between Epcot and Animal Kingdom.

At the end of the day, though, I don't think I'd consider Epcot truly "improved" over the last 5 years. Yes, Soarin' was a nice addition and I do like the new Nemo attraction, but overall I just find Future World to be so lacking as compared to what it used to be that I just can't consider it an overall upgrade.

Ditto for MK and DHS. I don't really care for any of the new attractions at MK, with the exception of Philharmagic which is cute but not great. I hate Stitch and I'm already "over" the Laugh Floor. I still miss old classics like the Skyway, Mr. Toad, and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. At DHS, yeah TSM is awesome but I'd take Superstar Television any day over American Idol and I saw LMA once and once was enough.

So that leaves Animal Kingdom, which was a park I used to never bother with at all. But the addition of Everest and the Nemo musical has elevated it to must-do, half-day park status for us.

RAIDER
07-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Has to be toss up between AKL & DHS . I voted by a whisker for DHS because of the Toy Story Mania

Imagineer1981
07-01-2009, 11:29 AM
I went for AK because it continues to grow and evolve. Just like DHS had nothing in the begining, AK is growing and growing and EE and Nemo are big draws

Disney Doll
07-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Voted for AK too. Everest and Nemo were both awesome additions.

JPL
07-01-2009, 12:34 PM
AK by far. They added Nemo and Everest with only minor subtractions like Trazan Rocks& Pocohantas. On the other hand all the other parks lost something to gain the new additions. It might not have a major attraction they lost but part of their heart and soul. I like some of the new additions but struggle with how they fit into the areas they were placed and what some of them replaced.

lightyearfan
07-01-2009, 12:57 PM
well as much as i would have liked to have voted for dhs(my favorite park), the nod has to goto epcot , but not by much, soarin is a terrific ride as is test track and the new nemo paviliion, and the new spaceship earth so for this epcot gets the nod.

VIctor

Daddy Mouse
07-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Considering that there was not much to the AK to keep people there for a whole day, I would have to say AK. We have always done everything at AK and still left the park by 2pm. With the addition of a couple attractions it makes AK even more appealing for us.

artyboy
07-01-2009, 02:52 PM
AK without a doubt...for all of the reasons others have posted, but also because they FINALLY have a decent table service restaurant...Yak and Yeti!

johnO
07-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Everest has helped AK in a tremendous way.

Mousemates
07-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Not sure if I just enjoy it more as a more mature adult or because of the additions of Soaring and mission space and the upgrade to space ship earth...but I voted for epcot.

Lizzie
07-02-2009, 08:24 PM
I said Animal Kingdom because EE and the Nemo show are so amazing. But even before the additions we could still spend a whole day at this park.

We love the trails and all the animals. On our last trip we ran out of time and didn't get on the safari. I still haven't gotten to the show with the birds.

mainemajor
07-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Like several others I chose AK. The recent additions are very very good and EE has the queue that I don't mind waiting in because there is so much to look at. Each time I see something different.

Polynesian Dweller
07-02-2009, 09:41 PM
If I only go back 1 year then its DHS because of Toy Story Mania which is a great addition and gives us enough now for 1/2 day.

Longer time frame it becomse a toss up between AK and Epcot.

indytraveler
07-03-2009, 10:29 AM
I voted for AK because it had the most to improve upon. I consider it the worse of the 4 and didn't even bother going to it until EE was added and Nemo is a good show. But that isn't enough to keep me there all day.

bruin1344
07-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Epcot over AK by a little, although Expedition Everest is a solid ride, Soarin and renovating Spaceship Earth were the differences

ryca1dreams
07-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Epcot has gotten so far from its original intent, I can't vote for it, although it is my favorite park.

Animal Kingdom seems to be getting better and if you look at the original post (within the past 1 year), I think it has done the best.

maxrebo77
07-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Epcot and AK are my musts. I never had a hard time spending a whole day at AK, and with EE, Nemo, and just the constant changes that come with anything wild, I vote for AK.

84 days to go!

DisneyOtaku
07-05-2009, 01:54 PM
I think all of the parks have gone through some really great additions over the last couple of years, but in the end, my vote went to AK because of Everest. Epcot would be a very close second!

Gator
07-05-2009, 08:17 PM
My first trip to WDW was in 2002, and AK seemed like it just didn't have enough to do. Now it has plenty to do. It has new shows, new rides, and new diners.

Epcot was close with the addition of MissionSpace, Soarin', and Nemo, but it was a great park without all that stuff. AK needed all these other additions to become a great park.

edhunter28
07-06-2009, 12:19 PM
i thought that mgm had improved the most because it has gotten better attractions & has gotten rid of the unpopular ones

EPCOTExplorer
07-06-2009, 12:28 PM
EPCOT, of course,