PDA

View Full Version : CSR Review June 19th-26th

JPL
06-30-2009, 11:55 PM
Let me start by saying I tried to use online check-in 3 different times and all 3 times the site was down. I arrived at CSR about 1PM using DME. I went to check-in and there was no line at all so i figured it would be a painless process. I get up to the CM and she asks if I want charging on my room keys and I say no but I do want Express Checkout. She says I can't have one without the other :confused: I said I do this all the time. She said well it can't be done, never could. A manager over hears the conversation and asks what the problem is and I explain it to him and he says well you don't need express checkout any way :confused: So then I said I wanted to give her my cellphone number for the room notification, she says well that system isn't working and hands me a card with a number to call and check if my room is ready. After I check-in I head over to the luggage room to arrange for our carry-ons to be delivered with my Magical Express bags. Talk about clueless CMs, I tried to explain what I wanted done at least 4 times and was met with baffling answer each time. The first time I was told Magical Express check-in was closed. I explained again and was told the bags haven't arrived yet. After a 3rd try I was told that I couldn't check-in for my flight until the next day. Finally after my 4th explanation I just said forget I will pick them up later. We headed out to the parks and I called to find we were in room 1260 which I was really happy about because I wanted to be close to the main building. The room was clean but not very cool temperature wise. I turned the temperature down as low as it would go and waited and waited for the room to cool down. We went to sleep and woke up sweating several times during the night. The next morning we tried Pepper Market for breakfast what a mistake that was. This has to be the most confusing least family friendly food court in all of WDW. We went to the Kids station first and got our card stamped and waited for the food next was the station I wanted to go to while my cousin sat down with the boys so they could start eating. By the time I got my food and arrived back at the table my cousin decided she didn't want to waste any more time waiting for food and eating. And quite honestly the food wasn't even good and mine was barely warm enough to eat. Now to preface the next part of the story one of the boys had a stomach bug and had thrown up on the bed the night before. We arrived back at the room to find we didn;t have Mousekeeping service yet. We headed back out to the parks for the afternoon and my cousin returned to the room and still no mousekeeping. She called for towels and a clean set of sheets. They brought the towels about a half hour later but no sheets she called again and still no sheets. Finally she called a 3rd time and someone brought up the clean sheets. About an hour later she received a call from the front desk saying they were sending the sheets up and she said they already brought them and she didn't need them. She made sure to mention she was going to sleep and didn't want a knock on the door. About 10 minutes later sure enough there was knock on the door and someone with a second set of sheets. I came back to the room around 1 AM and the room was very warm and sticky. I went to sleep and tried to deal with it. I called the next day to complain about the lack of AC and was told and I quote "Well sir it's very warm outside" to which I replied exactly so I want my room cool. They claimed they would send someone to check it later in the day but I don't believe it ever happened because wasn't much cooler the rest of the week. By far the best feature of the resort is the pool. We went in the mornign on our day off from the parks and had a lot of fun. The Boys got to help turn the water on for the pyramid and water slide which they loved. Overall I wouldn't stay here again and would much rather stay at a value for less money. The only reason we stayed here was my cousin wanted to take advantage of the buy 4 get 3 deal and I was out of DVC points for the year. We needed a little more space and the queen beds also helped but that's as far as it goes. It definately didn't have a Disney feel to the resort and the CMs were marginal at best. Bus service was ok not the best but definately not the worst I have experienced.

buzz2001
07-01-2009, 08:08 AM
All my trips to CSR and I've always gotten a card to call to see if my room is ready. I never heard of giving them a cell phone number. That would be good if it worked.

Too bad you didn't get a renovated room. Casita 1, 2 and 3 are schedule last for renovations.

I know this can't help you now but others that may be going to CSR.

On the thermostat, push the power button and the down arrow (button that adjusts the temp) at the exact same time. If you do this correctly, you will see the letters "bp" where the temp normally shows. You are now bypassing the sensors in the room. You can then set the temp to whatever you want and it keeps the room that cold whether you are in it or not. You might have to do this once a day as the thermostat tends to go back to sensor mode after 24 hours.

http://i25.tinypic.com/5eg3sz.jpg

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-01-2009, 08:19 AM
That's too bad...sorry it didn't work out for you.:(

yjgirl32
07-01-2009, 08:31 AM
Sorry to hear about your experience.

Wrigley
07-01-2009, 08:57 AM
Sorry to hear your bad experiences. We enjoyed our stay at CSR, but I do have to say I feel the same as you about Pepper Market-hate it! This is the reason why we won't be staying here again.

trackbarroness
07-01-2009, 09:26 AM
So sorry JPL you had well dumb people who took care of you. I thought the new cell service was already available for our guests. I guess that is not the case. It's a good thing you came then because so far we have had rain practicaly every day. We were busy yesterday despite the rain.

Disney Doll
07-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Well that stinks. CSR is my favorite, but I guess you can have a bad experience anywhere if you are unlucky enough to find some poorly trained CMs. Sorry to hear that it wasn't a good experience for you.

JPL
07-01-2009, 12:22 PM
All my trips to CSR and I've always gotten a card to call to see if my room is ready. I never heard of giving them a cell phone number. That would be good if it worked.

This a new system Disney started recently to notify guests when their room is ready. Guess it shouldn't surprise me that it wasn't working.

And as for tricking the Thermostat to cool off the room that is even more ridiculous, that a guest should have to do that.

I can tell you this CSR has dropped off my radar. 2 stays = 2 bad experiences. They had their second chance since I don't count the 1 night I stayed during a conference as a bridge to my other hotel.

buzz2001
07-01-2009, 01:03 PM
I can tell you this CSR has dropped off my radar. 2 stays = 2 bad experiences. They had their second chance since I don't count the 1 night I stayed during a conference as a bridge to my other hotel.That's too bad but I would do the same if it were me.

And as for tricking the Thermostat to cool off the room that is even more ridiculous, that a guest should have to do that. I thought all WDW resorts had motion sensor thermostats in the rooms. :confused:

JPL
07-01-2009, 01:33 PM
This seems to be the only resort that uses it to the fullest then because I never had any real AC issues in any other Disney Resort. But had them both times at CSR.

BluewaterBrad
07-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Bummer:confused:

yasmina
07-01-2009, 03:47 PM
This a new system Disney started recently to notify guests when their room is ready. Guess it shouldn't surprise me that it wasn't working.

It worked when we checked in to the SSR. They asked for my cell # and whether I preferred a text or voice msg. A little after 1 PM, we got a text that our room, number xxxx, was ready.

When we transferred to POFQ, I asked for the text msg., and was told that only the "fancy" resorts (the CM's word, not mine) offered that service.

I hope it soon expands to all the resorts, as getting the text msg. was so much more convenient than calling every half hour or so.

KatMark
07-02-2009, 09:41 PM
The "cell phone" thing is NOT up and running at all of the resorts. Our oldest DS is at the Caribbean (and although he said it is a nice resort, he'd much rather be at the CSR--our favorite resort) and they also are not "set up" for the text messaging on the cell phone. Seems not all of the resorts have started using it yet.

And to the OP--sorry you didn't enjoy your stay at the CSR. That's what is so great about Disney--there are different resorts for everyone. We've done the values and you couldn't pay us to go back and the deluxes just aren't worth the so-called "deluxe" price. Glad your kids enjoyed the pool opening ceremony--our kids loved that when they were younger.

WDWfanatic742
07-07-2009, 12:44 AM
Yeah, I've heard of similar bad experiences from a few of my friends who have stayed there lately.

Imagineer1981
07-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Thats a great trick with the thermostat, I'll have to remember that one for sure!!!

Tiggerdog
07-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Sorry your CSR stay wasn't the best, Figgie. I am right there with in that I won't stay at the resort again, even if it is free.

I found the Pepper Market wait way to long for food priced for conventioners, not WDW guests at a moderate. While the choices are good, the food is not that great. In fact, I prefer the CBR food court.

We also had problems with our air conditioner and when we asked about it, the CM looked at us like we had 3 heads. I also feel the CMs cater to those at conventions as opposed to the regular WDW guest.

The rooms were also not that great and they are much smaller than CBR rooms. For some reason, they even felt smaller than POFQ rooms. Maybe it is the decor?

Like I said, I've given the resort a few chances and will not return, even if someone else pays for the room.

JPL
07-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Yeah it definately lack the Disney feel of the other resorts. No CMs saying good morning to you or just saying hi. It seems like it was missing the Magic big time. I guess for businessmen this is fine but definately for a vacation.

Belster
07-08-2009, 12:29 AM
You have me very worried here....I am scheduled for my first stay there in October...hmmmmm should I switch resorts???

JPL
07-08-2009, 01:01 AM
Personally if it was me. I would change to one of the other moderates if possible. I have had great stays at Port Orleans Riverside in the past and have heard nothing but good things about CBR.

artyboy
07-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Sorry that you had a bad experience...we've stayed there 3 times, and always had a great time.

KatMark
07-08-2009, 12:29 PM
You have me very worried here....I am scheduled for my first stay there in October...hmmmmm should I switch resorts???

No, I wouldn't change. You can have an unfriendly CM at any resort. We had the worse at the Contemporary and while visiting the WL. We have had seven perfect stays at the CSR and several people that have visited the CSR recently have had marvelous stays with friendly CM's and great experiences. I've also read great reviews of the POR and CBR recently, as well as some bad experiences (my son is currently at the CBR and has had a few issues with mousekeeping). I'm not taking anything away from the original poster who had a bad experience and I am truly sorry it happened, but it can happen anywhere. And as I have learned over the last two years on this forum and others people will write more about the bad and not the good.

T-Belle
07-18-2009, 05:46 PM
My DD and I stayed here last visit and we too had a difficult time with the front desk and housekeeping. We won't stay here again either.

Hammer
07-19-2009, 09:03 AM

Personally if it was me. I would change to one of the other moderates if possible. I have had great stays at Port Orleans Riverside in the past and have heard nothing but good things about CBR.

See, I have had nothing but HORRIBLE experiences staying at Port Orleans Riverside so I will never reccommend that resort to anyone. I gave it two chances and my problems with housekeeping were worse the second time. The food court at POR made my local mall's look good (not a compliment). It will not get another chance.

Belster, I say give it a chance and form your own opinion about the resort. I've stayed there many times before I joined DVC and never had a bad experience there. If you are going to be there before all the room refurbishments are completed, be sure you request it on your reservation and once again at the front desk.

Boost
08-11-2009, 09:44 PM
The CSR is our favorite....

Live4WDW
08-13-2009, 01:30 AM
:mickey: DW and I are headed down for a 5 night stay in a week. We are very excited. Give it a shot, we are. Just as with all resorts at disney, or anywhere. You hear reports of good and bad experiences. If I was to stay only at resorts or places that never had a bad experience, gosh I would have to stay at home, or only visit my mother.:D. DW and I have never stayed at CSR, it just looks beautiful, and just to be in Disney is Awesome enough. Go and enjoy. I am sure we will go again, maybe try another resort, maybe stay at CSR again. Have fun.:mickey:

Disney Doll
08-13-2009, 02:17 PM

I would stay put. We absolutely loved CSR and it is now our moderate of choice.

We thought POR was just okay; actually we had some mix-up with bell services there who delivered our stuff to another person's room (same last name)and then claimed that we had received the package and there was nothing they could do. We also had some pretty serious mousekeeping issues at CBR so you never know. Absolutely any resort can have an off day. I'm not ruling out POR or CBR for future stays because those are isolated incidents.

However, we did enjoy the theming, the food, the pool, and the grounds at CSR better so CSR will be our 1st choice in the moderate category from now on.