PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Hotels

DVC2004
06-29-2009, 09:24 PM
:ghost: Who has stayed in haunted, or reportedly haunted, hotel? Did you see or hear anything? :ghost:

We stayed at the Queen Mary one night last year on our way back from Hawaii. There was barely any guests that night. It was creepy as it's supposed to be haunted. We did a ghost tour while there. The kids said they heard footsteps at night. I didn't. However earlier in the evening we all heard 3 loud and distinct taps sounding like it was coming from the side of the ship. We looked out our porthole and saw we were facing the water and there were no balconies/walkways where anyone coould have been fooling around trying to scare us. Who knows?

Any cool stories to share about a creepy stay? BTW, the Hollywood Tower Hotel doesn't count! LOL. I've seen those ghosts, too.

faline
06-29-2009, 09:38 PM
We spent a weekend at Wentworth by the Sea in New Hampshire. Reminds us a lot of the hotel from The Shining. Other than reminding us of the movie, it was a lovely stay with no unnatural occurrences!

Strmchsr
06-29-2009, 09:52 PM
Since I assist a paranormal research team I've seen more freaky things than I can possibly say. Never "slept" in a haunted hotel, though. Just stayed up all night looking for something fun.

DVC2004
06-29-2009, 09:59 PM
Since I assist a paranormal research team I've seen more freaky things than I can possibly say. Never "slept" in a haunted hotel, though. Just stayed up all night looking for something fun.

Cool! What's the freakiest thing you saw if you don't mind?

Strmchsr
06-30-2009, 07:38 AM
Probably the full apparition at an old mental hospital in Tuscaloosa, AL. We could see the entire form. It was like a solid shadow. We actually thought it was a person at first and chased it through a couple of rooms. Then we saw it completely silhouetted against the window and it just vanished right in front of us.

T-Belle
06-30-2009, 08:06 AM
Probably the full apparition at an old mental hospital in Tuscaloosa, AL. We could see the entire form. It was like a solid shadow. We actually thought it was a person at first and chased it through a couple of rooms. Then we saw it completely silhouetted against the window and it just vanished right in front of us.

WOW! How cool! I'm so fasinated by this and have great respect for paranormal investigators. I'm such a "chicken" I would never be able to do this. But I'm a total believer!

Diznee4Me
06-30-2009, 09:28 AM
The DW, DD and a friend stayed at the Belmot Inn in Abbeville, SC a couple of years ago. At checkout the cleaning lady asked if we had seen the ghost that haunts the upstairs. We didn't hear anything on our trip but later I read that it was supposedly haunted.

pandkx3
06-30-2009, 10:18 AM
We go to New Orleans all the time and there are several haunted hotels to choose from...We've stayed in several of these..probally the most haunted is the Bourban Orleans:eek: We heard kids in the hall playing late at night and there were no children staying on that floor

c&d
06-30-2009, 10:32 AM
We stayed at the Mermaid Inn in Rye, England. The :ghost: didn't visit us and I was really hoping it would.

Strmchsr
06-30-2009, 11:02 AM
We've stayed in several of these..probally the most haunted is the Bourban Orleans:eek: We heard kids in the hall playing late at night and there were no children staying on that floor

We've investigated there a couple of times. Great stuff. A lot of fun and super nice folks. We heard those same kids.

Pagan
06-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Stayed at the Lizzie Borden Bed & Breakfast.

Slept in the same room one of the murders was committed in. :eek:

pink
06-30-2009, 06:35 PM
We spent a weekend at Wentworth by the Sea in New Hampshire. Reminds us a lot of the hotel from The Shining. Other than reminding us of the movie, it was a lovely stay with no unnatural occurrences!

I've stayed in the hotel where the author got the idea for The Shining. It's in Estes Park, Colorado. It's a freaky hotel but it's also beautiful. They also filmed part of Dumb and Dumber there.

In April we stayed at this hotel in Boston, called the Boston Park Plaza Hotel and Towers. I didn't ask if the hotel was haunted but it sure felt like it was. It just had a wierd vibe to it.:mickey:

Arielfan98
07-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Well I didn't exactly sleep in a haunted hotel, but I've been in one--the hotel happens to be located in DHS. LOL just kidding-I've never been in one before, but this helps me so I know for my next haunted hotel visit. Thanks!

pandkx3
07-01-2009, 08:20 PM
We've investigated there a couple of times. Great stuff. A lot of fun and super nice folks. We heard those same kids.

Really spooky, didn't you think...I love the place, being a history buff. I just knew that there were kids running down the hall, giggling and playing.

Strmchsr
07-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Really spooky, didn't you think...I love the place, being a history buff. I just knew that there were kids running down the hall, giggling and playing.

Definitely spooky. We had our cameras running in the hall all night. You can hear the children playing clear as day but no one is there. IMHO it's a residual haunting, though some possibility for an intelligent exists. The children, though, I think are residual.

pixiegoose
07-01-2009, 08:55 PM
When I was 7, we stayed on the Queen Mary during our trip to Disneyland. Somehow I heard that it was haunted and was freaking out about it. My dear lovely caring mother than proceeds to ask me if the ghost had found me. She said he had come looking for me the night before and she sent him my way! Gee, thanks mom! Needless to say, there was no sleeping for me that night!

I'd love to stay there again as an adult.

pandkx3
07-02-2009, 09:07 AM
Definitely spooky. We had our cameras running in the hall all night. You can hear the children playing clear as day but no one is there. IMHO it's a residual haunting, though some possibility for an intelligent exists. The children, though, I think are residual.

Isn't there a nun thats supposed to more of an intelligent haunting? Now, if I'd seen her I would probally be quickly on my way back to Hattiesburg:mickey:

T-Belle
07-02-2009, 09:45 AM

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the difference in the type of hauntings?

Strmchsr
07-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but what is the difference in the type of hauntings?

An intelligent haunting indicates that there is some sort of spirit being present which knows you are there and is capable of interacting with you. This would be, presumably, the spirit of a previously living person who needs to make contact or just is getting a kick out of messing with people.

A residual haunting is where no actual spirit is present. Energy gets trapped in the ground, the walls, etc and under certain conditions that energy is released again causing, essentially, a recording to play over and over. It's like a movie or a CD playing. What you are seeing/hearing has no idea you are there, doesn't interact with you, and is not actually an intelligent being. It's just a hologram type phenomenon, or a recording. I think this is a naturally occurring phenomenon that we just don't understand yet. Kind of life 3000 years ago people thought lightning was made by the gods and they were throwing these bolts at people. Now we know it's a natural phenomenon. My guess is at least 90% of "hauntings" are this type.

Emme&TeddysMommy
07-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Great info Thanks Chris!

T-Belle
07-02-2009, 03:53 PM
An intelligent haunting indicates that there is some sort of spirit being present which knows you are there and is capable of interacting with you. This would be, presumably, the spirit of a previously living person who needs to make contact or just is getting a kick out of messing with people.

A residual haunting is where no actual spirit is present. Energy gets trapped in the ground, the walls, etc and under certain conditions that energy is released again causing, essentially, a recording to play over and over. It's like a movie or a CD playing. What you are seeing/hearing has no idea you are there, doesn't interact with you, and is not actually an intelligent being. It's just a hologram type phenomenon, or a recording. I think this is a naturally occurring phenomenon that we just don't understand yet. Kind of life 3000 years ago people thought lightning was made by the gods and they were throwing these bolts at people. Now we know it's a natural phenomenon. My guess is at least 90% of "hauntings" are this type.

This is SO interesting. Thanks for the info!

It'sWDW4me
07-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Just spent a weekend in Gettysburg with my DS13. We slept at a campground so I'm sure the noises waking me up all night were just critters lurking about (or so I keep telling myself :secret:).

We did take a walking tour which included the Farnsworth House - "the most haunted house in Gettysburg" - and a field across the street. Tour started at 8 pm and ended in the field around 10. My son snapped a few pics in the pitch black field and caught a few orbs. One pic contains two whitish orbs and one has a perfectly round orange-red sphere. Blowing the pic up on just the camera's screen shows a young man's face smack dab in the middle of the orb. :eek: Quite creepy - can't wait to blow it up on our computer! :mickey: By the way - there were only a handful of people in the field that night. No overhead lights or camera flashes created these balls of light.

Chris - DS has heard that the redder the orb, the bloodier the death while I've heard the redder the orb, the angrier the spirit. Any truth to either?

Strmchsr
07-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Chris - DS has heard that the redder the orb, the bloodier the death while I've heard the redder the orb, the angrier the spirit. Any truth to either?

Actually, no. A lot of misconceptions out there about orbs. A true orb is nothing more than a ball of energy. It does not mean a spirit is present. The reason orbs can be a good sign is that "ghosts" are beings of energy and so orbs are signs that energy is present for them to use to interact with you. 99% of "orbs" caught by cameras are either dust, moisture, or bugs. Seeing faces and such in orbs is an optical illusion we call matrixing. God designed our eyes to make order out of chaos. When we look at random shapes and pictures our eyes begin to see "normal" shapes within the chaos. So, my rule of thumb is ignore all orbs. Even if it's a true orb it's nothing to be excited about. There's some folks that get all excited about orbs and have categories for different orbs, but I tend to take a much more scientific approach and, in my experience, categorizing orbs is just baloney.

Gettsburg is an awesome place to visit. I LOVE the history, and I've heard the ghost hunting is pretty good up there, too. Lots of activity - residual and intelligent.

TheMartellFamily
07-02-2009, 06:36 PM
never stayed in a haunted hotel but my dorm that I lived in at college was! I never had an experience but many said they did.

TheVBs
07-03-2009, 01:38 PM
I've stayed in a hotel that was supposed to be haunted, but didn't experience anything, which was ok with me! :blush: While I'm perfectly content to keep it that way, I do love hearing about other people's experiences. Two people close to me have had extraordinary experiences. I would love to hear about any experiences people have had in a hotel or anywhere. Strmchsr, I'd love to hear about your experiences as an investigator. I love watching Ghost Hunters! So does one of our neighbors. He actually wants to go out to a couple of spots that are supposed to be haunted, open areas like roads, and snap some pictures. He wants me to go too. Don't know if I'm up for that, but I haven't ruled it out yet.

pink
07-06-2009, 07:15 PM
We did take a walking tour which included the Farnsworth House - "the most haunted house in Gettysburg" - and a field across the street. Tour started at 8 pm and ended in the field around 10. My son snapped a few pics in the pitch black field and caught a few orbs. One pic contains two whitish orbs and one has a perfectly round orange-red sphere. Blowing the pic up on just the camera's screen shows a young man's face smack dab in the middle of the orb. Quite creepy - can't wait to blow it up on our computer! By the way - there were only a handful of people in the field that night. No overhead lights or camera flashes created these balls of light.

Reading that just gave me the chills. A year or so ago my DBF and I drove by the real Amityville Horor House. They say not to stop in front of the house because it's rude to the people who now live there but there is a stop sign in front of the home and we really wanted a picture of the house (which now looks very different and has a new number outside). We took a picture and drove away. Later on we checked the picture out to find a gigantic orb in front of the house with a face inside of it smiling. Imagination of the mind or not, it is still strange. :mickey:

azdisneymom
07-06-2009, 10:07 PM
I have never stayed in a haunted hotel but once when I was a teenager I had a strange experience in my home. It was late at night and I had been asleep for a couple of hours. I felt something at my feet so I woke up, thinking it was the cat. What I saw was a shadow figure of a man at the foot of my bed. I looked at him and he turned his head to look at me. I was so scared I couldn't even scream. Then quick as a wink he turned and ran out of the room, right through the wall. It was the one and only time I had such an experience. I am in my 50's now and still remember it like it just happened.

DisneyOtaku
07-07-2009, 09:51 AM
Not a hotel, but I sometimes wonder if the house I am renting is :paranoid: For some bg info, in the house is me, and two friends, a male and a female. The house belongs to my girl house-mate's family--it was her grandmothers, but she has sense entered a nursing home, and they needed people to take care of the house for them.

Never SEEN anything, but the doors have this way of just slamming themselves shut, even when the AC isn't on. But the two things that really freaked me out was, one day, I was in the living room and heard a loud CRASH! in the formal dining room. Now, that room is filled with junk that the family still needs to clean out (complete pack-rats!). I go check it out and it's this small pile of books that fell. I would just say it was because of balance, but they had been sitting in the center of a very sturdy table, and they were all scattered across the floor.

The other thing is stranger, IMHO. It's a five bedroom house, but we NEVER enter the master bedroom, since that belonged to the grandmother and my roomie wanted that to stay off limits. Fine, perfectly reasonable and it's not like we were dying for more room anyway. Last week though, at 12:45 AM, my male roomie walks near the master suite (his room is across from it) and he noticed that the shower in there had turned on. That one, I have no explanation for. :scared:

TheVBs
07-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Wow! Scary stories!

beksy
07-10-2009, 03:44 AM
Stayed at the Lizzie Borden Bed & Breakfast.

Slept in the same room one of the murders was committed in. :eek:

Wow you are way braver than me! :notworth: I've seen episodes on that place and the story numerous times on Travel Channel and get chills each time. I love haunted places but that is one I wouldn't go near even during the day. :bolt:

I love watching Ghost Hunters!

So do I! My favorite was with a Lighthouse but I can't remember the name.

Thanks for all the info Chris. As a ghost-fanatic, I'm proud to say I "know" you! :thumbsup:

Strmchsr
07-10-2009, 08:04 AM
So do I! My favorite was with a Lighthouse but I can't remember the name.

That would probably have been the St. Augustine Lighthouse you're referring to. Very cool place to investigate. Definitely lives up to the hype.

TheVBs
07-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Was that the one where they caught a shadow figure leaning over the railing at the top? That gives me chills every time I watch it! There's another one that does too. I think it's a bar that used to be a brewery, they're in a room with pool tables and they caught a shadowy figure kind of ducking back behind a pool table. Yikes! If I saw that I'd have a heart attack.

My neighbor had an extra ticket to see Jason and Grant speak at a local university. I didn't even know about it! It was a fantastic presentation. They played some very spooky stuff for us.

mouselover93
02-10-2010, 05:54 PM
cashtown inn in Gettysburg in the lee room. stayed there for 2 nights and woke up on the verge of tears ( go ahead and laugh ) first i was checking out the room and went into the bathroom to see how nice it was and while walking out heard something and then got my arm touched. then i came back and it was me my dad and 2 of my friends and me and my friends had to sleep in a bed together while my dad took the sofa and we kept hearing the door move and footsteps. then we heard screaming and what sounded like a horse and a gun shoot right outside our window and there was nothing there. then something said my name and my friends heard it and then my friend got his hair pulled. not much happened the 2nd night i think because i passed out after a midnight ghost tour. but me and my one friend walked down to use the restaurant restrooms while my dad showered and while walking down we got to the 2nd story landing and heard a little girl and then i saw a shadow and then we ran up into our room. freaky yes awesome hotel yes

mouselover93
02-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Reading that just gave me the chills. A year or so ago my DBF and I drove by the real Amityville Horor House. They say not to stop in front of the house because it's rude to the people who now live there but there is a stop sign in front of the home and we really wanted a picture of the house (which now looks very different and has a new number outside). We took a picture and drove away. Later on we checked the picture out to find a gigantic orb in front of the house with a face inside of it smiling. Imagination of the mind or not, it is still strange. :mickey:

i did that tour and while i was in the field i saw a gray figure walking through the bushes and i snapped a picture and got the same exact picture that your talking about. and i took mine at midnight when there was no moon or lights and it was on the anniversary of the battle. coincidence? i think not

Joannelet
02-10-2010, 08:15 PM
I come from a long line of ghost sightings...but I will talk about what you have asked..which is hotels or places to stay. My hubby travels for work and he was in New Orleans. It was him and a co-worker of his staying at Le Pavillion (arrangements were made for them so they didn't do any research on this hotel). My husbands co worker was in the room across the hall from him. He was having problems where his toilet would keep flushing. Then they went to dinner and upon returning he was getting ready for bed. He walked into the bathroom and heard something fall...he went into the area where the bed was and the HUGE picture on the wall was now on the bed. Then he noticed the outline of someones butt and legs in the comforter as if someone had been sitting there!!!!! The guy was TERRIFIED and slept with the lights on the rest of his stay!
My husband called me up freaking out asking me to look into the hotel for ghost sitings....I did find some. It is the most historical hotel that is there....

I will post my other one in detail when I can...but it was on Norwegian cruise line not a hotel.

murphy1
02-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Chris, I am DYING to go to The Myrtles in Baton Rouge!! I have a friend there, so we are hoping one of these days. One of my HS friends and I stayed at an old orphanage in New Orleans that was a B&B and had some freaky stuff happened, but it was not related to ghosts, LOL.
Since I'm from Florida, I've stayed at a few of the really haunted ones in St. Augustine and St. Petersburg. My favorite is the Don CeSar, you can defintely pickup vibes there if you are open to it. I have a photo from another place near there where I got what I think are orbs, I should send it to you, Chris, b/c a few yards away was a monument that a pilot had died during some WWII training. It is gold in color and it was pretty cool when I saw it.

Strmchsr
02-11-2010, 05:10 PM
I have a photo from another place near there where I got what I think are orbs, I should send it to you, Chris, b/c a few yards away was a monument that a pilot had died during some WWII training. It is gold in color and it was pretty cool when I saw it.

Send it on. I'd love to see it!

Joannelet
02-11-2010, 07:56 PM
K, here is my story about the Norwegian cruise line I was on....I tried posting this before without details in hopes that someone else had seen this "ghost" per say but I didn't get a response......so here it is in detail.
It was on the Norwegian Spirit (which I find VERY amusing!!!) August 2007
Anyways, my sister and her friend and my brother in law and his gf were on the lowest floor on the ship. My hubby and I were closer to the top floor.....so we weren't on their floor.
Well one morning my sister, her friend and I met for lunch and my sister was telling me how she was sooo scared the night before and told me that she was laying in bed and suddenly saw feet by the door on the inside. She thought it was her eyes playing tricks on her but then she could actually make out the entire body. She gave me details of what the girl looked like. She had her hair half pulled back, long dark curly hair, and she was wearing a dress but she was just standing there staring at my sister.....She yelled for her friend to turn on the light which she did and then the girl vanished.....
She kept telling me that she was really scared.....a little while later I saw my brother in law and his girlfriend. His girlfriend immediately upon seeing me starts to tell me how my brother in law is beyond himself from last night...I was like what, what happened? She goes he saw a ghost last night and she came after him. She told me she never heard him scream like that before and he wouldn't go to bed with the lights off. So I started asking him about her...he was shaking talking about it!!! My BIL is this big tough guy so for him to be freaked out by something really scared the heck out of me!!! He told me her hair was dark with half of it pulled back and she was wearing a dress...he said she was standing there staring at him when she came at him angrily!!!!
I started to scream going OMG you have to talk to my sister!!!!! She described the same PERSON in her room last night too!!! By the way, they were not roomed next to eachother etiher...they were far down the hall from each other but on the same floor!!!!
Needless to say NONE of us slept with the lights off the rest of the week!!!!

Jenemmy
02-12-2010, 08:45 AM
That would probably have been the St. Augustine Lighthouse you're referring to. Very cool place to investigate. Definitely lives up to the hype.

Oooooo -- we were in St. Augustine last year and just seeing that place from a distance was too close for me! LOL I could tell just by looking at it that there was something going on in there....

Scar
02-12-2010, 10:40 AM
I go to Gettysburg several times a year. As a reenactor I have spent many weekends sleeping on the field. I have also camped out at Antietam, Manasas, and Cedar Creek multiple times. All at or near places where I am 100% certain soldiers died. But alas, as much as I would like to see a ghost, I never have. :(

I think maybe our civil war music scares them away.

Strmchsr
02-12-2010, 11:20 AM
I think maybe our civil war music scares them away.

lol. Ya know, that's interesting because I hear a lot of theories from folks that re-creating sights and sounds from the era is more likely to stir up paranormal activity. Hey, maybe you've had a ghost walk right past you but since you're all reenacting you didn't notice. :D

Scar
02-12-2010, 01:48 PM
This year I'll make sure we only play songs written before July 1863. They probably heard "Marching Through Georgia" and said "You Farbs, we're not coming out now!"

MNNHFLTX
02-12-2010, 03:05 PM
My husband and I stayed at the Nottoway Plantation in White Castle, Louisiana (near New Orleans) back in 2005, in what was then known as Odessa's Room. It was such a neat experience. During the day we wandered along the levee bordering the Mississippi and in the evening we wandered around the large and beautiful rooms of the mansion (something guests were allowed to do after the daily tours were done). This was both fascinating and unsettling at the same time. That night, I woke with a start after dreaming that woman in period dress was leaning over me in the half-tester bed....or maybe it wasn't a dream? ;)

At any rate, we've heard that the plantation has undergone a huge renovation and the room we stayed in is now called the Ella Eugenia Randolph room. But supposedly the paranormal activity still continues and the Ghost Lab team once did an investigation there.

mouselover93
02-12-2010, 08:53 PM
come on scar marching through Georgia is an awesome song. I'm listening to it right now and listen to it everyday. and I'm doing the Gettysburg reenactment this summer ( 1st one ever :number1:) I'm not sure about sleeping on the field just because of sleeping on a spot where someone died but I'm dieing to listen to some live civil war songs down there

Scar
02-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Oh I agree it's a great song (with apologies to our intercotees in Georgia,) but it was written in 1865, so it's totaly farby for Gettysburg.

And if you're talking about the big reenactment, don't worry. It's not held on the battlefield but a nearby farm. The NPS doesn't allow reenactments in the parks, only small living history demonstrations.

I'm not sure if we're going, but find the Federal USV camp and see if the 6th New Hampshire is there. If we are, ask for Pvt. Scar. We put on a decent show.

mouselover93
02-13-2010, 11:08 AM
i knew that it was on a nearby farm but you never know if it was a field hospital and if you guys are there I'll make sure i look for you guys

murphy1
02-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Oh, goodness, Scar-go back to your curling!

Superzeus84
02-13-2010, 05:06 PM
We live in Saint Louis, and I keep trying to convince my Fiance that we should stay at the Lemp Mansion.

Scar
02-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Oh, goodness, Scar-go back to your curling!
Hey, I'm allowed more than one hobby. Aparently Chris has like ten of them. :cool:

Dulcee
02-16-2010, 06:59 AM
Just spent a weekend in Gettysburg with my DS13. We slept at a campground so I'm sure the noises waking me up all night were just critters lurking about (or so I keep telling myself :secret:).

Or it may have been a couple of college kids :secret: Haha I went to Gettsburg College all four years of undergrad and as a freshmen is was almost a rite of passage that you spend some nights on the battlefield getting "spooked"

I will also say in four years of living on a campus in the middle of the most haunted battlefield in america and living/working in some period buildings, i never heard or saw a thing.

beksy
02-16-2010, 07:27 AM
Hey, I'm allowed more than one hobby. Aparently Chris has like ten of them. :cool:

:funny:

Strmchsr
02-16-2010, 09:26 AM

Eleven at last count. :D

mouselover93
02-16-2010, 04:26 PM

lol :haha:

para-normal?
10-23-2012, 11:57 PM
I have NEVER been a believer in paranormal activities and or ghosts. I don't watch any of the ghost shows and never have had any desire. My friend and I just stayed 2 nights at the Contemporary with a lagoon/pool view.My friend is very spiritual, however I am the opposite. The first night there was a meteor shower, so we got up around 3 am to watch it. It was cool since we saw a few and Jupiter was right in front of us. I started to just look around and to the right of us was the smaller tower (not sure what the name of it was) and there were 3 small roofs over the entrance which then became a walkway of glass. I looked at the one directly over the entrance and thought I saw someone sitting up there and told my friend. She didn't notice at first, but did notice a man sitting or whatever it was doing about a yard or so below them. He was very eery, with a white face, almost a white mohawk and and I am going to sound crazy, but almost like black spikes sticking out of his head. He just sat there, sometimes moving his head to the left and right...he looked like someone out of Halloween Horror nights. However, there were people coming in and out of the entrance with luggage and walking right past him which we thougth was odd.:confused: By this time my friend spotted the man/boys on the roof, which by this time had become 2. We didn't know if we should call security, since we were worried they may jump down and try to rob guests leaving or if they were just teens on something just up there to watch the show as well. They sat there as more guests left and did nothing to show harm. As it got a bit later/earlier I noticed they were not there anymore. A while later as it started to become lighter, I watched as the two returned to the roof, I could not tell how they were getting up so easily as it could not be easy. I decided to take my camera out which has really good zoom and get a closer look..I zoomed in a bit too far and got the fabric of ones jeans and zoomed out to follow up his body to a flannel shirt and onto his face in which he had an eery smile on his mouth and biting a cigar, as I moved up I was shocked in horror to see a completely demonic face out of a horror movie, deformaty, and completely SHOCKING and freaked me out and I screamed and I put my camera down and watched as they jumped off the roof. We spoke to security, did not mention anything we suspected as paranormal, but warned them about possible solicitation. Night # 2....unwinding from the Halloween Party, on the balcony again. My friend was trying to take pictures from the balcony to the roof we saw the boys or whatever they were the night before. However no matter which waay she took them she could not capture that roof. All of a sudden she got really weird and gasped "OMG"..I kept asking her what. but she kept telling me to hold on..she took about ten pictures..in the first few pictures were a figure of a dark skinny old man with some kind of fabric around his shoulders. The first couple of shots he was looking down, but the last he was looking at the camera and his eyes were huge and white and not normal. In other pictures, there were obvious other figures, men dressed in suits, women in long white dressings, one in fact hanging from a tree and even choldren. Some looked angry, while others sad and lost.They were all ghostly pictures, not like the men we saw before. One picture with writing in it that we could not make out. She started to freak out because she saw a girl, who she sensed was ****** at us...like I said I am not spiritual but she somehow knew the girl was ****** and I could not see her and she said she had to delete all of the pictures. I begged her to forward them to me and she did supposedly, but when I looked the next morning, they were all of the same pictures. After that, what I saw was unbelievable..on the roof of the smaller tower there was a girl wrapped in a grey blanket sitting on the edge at first by herself. For some reason I just blurted out 'Amy" is over there on the roof,like I knew that was her name. My friend spotted her immediately and watched as many more arrived..A woman wearing a long dress and bonnet was setting up cots and laying them all down, they were peaceful, and obviously not there to hurt anyone, just trapped there..We watched an old lady walk her old lab, a child read a book in a tree, absoltely amazing, confusing and scary all together. Has anyone seen anything like this or am I and my friend completely crazy...As I said, I never believed until now. Any input would be helpful, but if you are going to be negative or unkind, please dont bother...thank u!