PDA

View Full Version : We bought a new car!

The Flying Dutchman
06-29-2009, 08:58 PM
Hey all,

DW and I just purchased a 2010 Subaru Forester Premium with all weather package.:thumbsup: So excited! The vehicle is the metallic sage green color with the platinum/gray interior. We bought it on Saturday and get to pick it up on Wednesday. The wait is killing me already...:blowup:

DVC2004
06-29-2009, 09:04 PM
Congrats!!! Nothing like a new car. I think that sage green color is very cool. :thumbsup:

c&d
06-30-2009, 10:34 AM
Congrats on the new car. When we got our new car the wait was killing me and then when we went to pick it up it wasn't ready. :( I thought the extra day would kill me.

diz_girl
06-30-2009, 11:20 AM
Congratulations! We just got a new car Saturday too.

Don't forget to take the sales tax credit on your 2009 Federal tax return when you prepare it next year. It's a dollar for dollar tax credit, and not a deduction.

The Flying Dutchman
06-30-2009, 06:09 PM
Thanks guys!

C&D: You made me nervous enough to call today to double check that it will be ready. Still looks like it will be tomorrow for the actual pickup.

diz_girl: I knew about the tax thing, but you reminded me to look again at the specs. Was hoping to maybe get the cash for clunkers too but I think the gas mileage on my old car was too high for it.

Any other Subaru owners out there?

Less than a day! :D

VolMickey
06-30-2009, 06:35 PM
Cool and Congratulations! We've had a new Lincoln MKX for about a month or so -- nothing like new car smell!

Sounds like the auto industry is picking up! :thumbsup:

NotaGeek
06-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Congratulations! We just got a new car Saturday too.

Don't forget to take the sales tax credit on your 2009 Federal tax return when you prepare it next year. It's a dollar for dollar tax credit, and not a deduction.

Hey there, unfortunately it's a deduction, not a tax credit ... this is directly from the IRS website: (http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=205863,00.html)

WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service announced today that taxpayers who buy a new passenger vehicle this year may be entitled to deduct state and local sales and excise taxes paid on the purchase on their 2009 tax returns next year.

“For those thinking about buying a new car this year, this deduction may give them a little more drive to make their purchase this year,” said IRS Commissioner Doug Shulman. “This deduction enables taxpayers to buy now and get cash back later on their tax returns.”

The deduction is limited to the state and local sales and excise taxes paid on up to $49,500 of the purchase price of a qualified new car, light truck, motor home or motorcycle.

The amount of the deduction is phased out for taxpayers whose modified adjusted gross income is between $125,000 and $135,000 for individual filers and between $250,000 and $260,000 for joint filers.

IRS also alerted taxpayers that the vehicle must be purchased after Feb. 16, 2009, and before Jan. 1, 2010, to qualify for the deduction.

The special deduction is available regardless of whether a taxpayer itemizes deductions on their return. The IRS reminded taxpayers the deduction may not be taken on 2008 tax returns.

vizsla
07-01-2009, 05:28 AM
Congrats:thumbsup:

diz_girl
07-01-2009, 10:03 AM
Sorry about the error. I guess that I must have confused that with the tax credit for hybrids and clean diesels. But at least it's something.

crazypoohbear
07-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Congrats and drive careful. you are in MASS now and it's not just a road trip, it's an adventure! :D

pdrlkr
07-05-2009, 01:04 PM
:congrats:

AdventurerKim
07-05-2009, 07:00 PM
I got a new car this past week! A 2009 red Scion xD! I love it! I love driving it around! :thumbsup: