PDA

View Full Version : Yak and Yeti or Tusker House? Opinions?

scooterca42
06-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Such a great response for the DTD counter service! Now I would love opinions on this.

Either would be a new experience. The menus for both Yak and Yeti and Tusker House look good, I simply can't decide. This time, though, I do have to make an either/or decision.

Can you help? Two adults, no allergies.

WishingStar2006
06-29-2009, 02:46 PM
I have never been to Tusker House (have an ADR for Donald's Safari Breakfast this September) but I have been to Yak & Yeti several times and I just ove it...the food is great, it's nice and cool, and the desserts should not be missed. I recommend it highly!!!:thumbsup:

PiratesCove
06-29-2009, 02:59 PM
I've never been to Tusker House...BUT...I have been to Yak and Yeti...actually the first day it was open back in November 2007. It was Dee-lish! We literally walked in and were seated...it's was a dream chance!!

Yak and Yeti!! :thumbsup:

Mysttree
06-29-2009, 03:14 PM
I have to agree- my first choice is Yak & Yeti! Tusker house is good, but for choices & theming I prefer Yak & Yeti.
I hope you enjoy whatever you choose.:mickey:

SFTrny
06-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Yak and Yeti! Definitely.

artyboy
06-29-2009, 03:30 PM
Yak & Yeti...no choice, it is far superior in food/theme...we love it...it's one of our must-do's!

pandkx3
06-29-2009, 05:06 PM
Just ate at the Yak & Yeti...It was great! Big portions, delicious.:mickey:

SallyMcQueen
06-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Never been to Tusker House...maybe next time...but we did Yak & Yeti for lunch and it was great. Probably some of the better food we had.

WorldTraveler
06-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Have done both. Love Yak & Yeti. Tusker House is good, but it is very much like Boma and Boma over at the Animal Kingdom Lodge is better.
Hope that helps.

Phantom of the Park
06-29-2009, 09:59 PM
I would do the Tusker House only as a Character Breakfast. The Food was pretty good and to agree with a previous poster, is similar to Boma's, with Boma's being better. But if you are'nt interested in Donald's Safari Breakfast, I would definitely go to the Yak and Yeti. Great food, great selection of Asian fare. They have Cantonese, Schezwan and Thai food. I even prefer the Yak and Yeti over the Nine Dragons in Epcot.:cool:

badkitty
06-29-2009, 10:51 PM
I prefer Yak & Yeti over Tusker House. Both have great food but I like the atmosphere at Y&Y a lot more. It also has my fave dessert: fried wonton stuffed with cream cheese. Yum!

Friend of Figment
06-30-2009, 12:20 AM
I've been to both and like both, but I give the edge to Yak and Yeti. The food is very good and the presentation is interesting. I also have traveled extensivly in Asia and love to admire the art collection there.

kdsjjb
07-01-2009, 04:08 PM
We've eaten at both locations, and would eat at either one again.

If I had to pick just one it would be Yak and Yeti hands down.

Rhetoric2000
07-02-2009, 09:16 AM
Not a pleasant decision, this really is one where I would normally recommend to make space for both.

If you're going to dine at Boma then TH is easily left out as too similar an experience (though I prefer TH).

Both have among the best atmosphere of any dining spot.

If you want to make an "event" then YAY probably edges it as it feels a little more special.

On the other hand I think TH has slightly better food.

Either way you're really not going to lose, apart from the fact you're not goign to both. The food at AK is just great.