PDA

View Full Version : Help! Crocs melted!

yasmina
06-29-2009, 10:45 AM
A week ago last Fri., we switched from SSR to FQ. Since we had our car, we just left our luggage in it durinhg the day while we went to HS, as our room wasn't available when we checked in (no surprise there:) ).

Along with our deodorant and various other sundries, my crocs, which were inside a duffel bag, melted and are unwearable.

I tried stuffing them with towels and leaving them out in the sun on the balcony, but it didn't work.

Is there a way I can reshape them? I thought about stuffing them with towels again and putting them in the dryer. Dor your that that would work/be safe? I've also heard of putting them in the dishwasher.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

joonyer
06-29-2009, 11:32 AM
Good excuse to buy a new pair of Disney Crocs!

Grumpy's Twin
06-29-2009, 12:10 PM
I have had that happen before and I tried everything...nothing helped. I had to buy another pair.

NotaGeek
06-29-2009, 12:16 PM
Unfortunately, there's no way to fix melted Crocs ... gotta buy new! My best friend left her Crocs outside in the Phoenix heat ... talk about melt!

GrumpyFan
06-29-2009, 12:17 PM
Wow, never knew that could happen. Interesting.

Belster
06-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Time for a new pair!:(

Itchy
06-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Thats why Crocks stay in the water most of the time.:blush:
So they dont melt.:gator:

LoriSan
06-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Oh, this is good to know. We will be arriving on Fri and I was planning to head to the parks and leave our bags in the car. Looks like we better check them w luggage services. Don't want my new Mickey crocs getting messed up.

Disney Doll
06-29-2009, 01:22 PM
I never really considered that possibility, but I guess it would get pretty hot in the car during a FL summer. I just bought some Minnie Mouse mary janes not too long ago and I think they are still on sale at the Crocs website.

kakn7294
06-29-2009, 01:59 PM
Contact Crocs via their website. I had a problem with a pair a few years ago and they replaced them for me. They might help you out as well. If yours aren't melted beyond recognition, you can try a hairdryer on low speed to warm the material and reshape it.

eas423
06-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Oh that's terrible! I had no idea that could happen, thanks for the heads up!

magicofdisney
06-29-2009, 04:52 PM
Maybe you can stick towels in them and stick them back in the car in the heat of the day.

DVC2004
06-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Treat yourself to a new pair! :thumbsup:

brownie
06-29-2009, 10:15 PM
You gotta wonder about a product that melts in a car. I wonder if anyone has had them melt while wearing them?

Live4WDW
06-29-2009, 10:54 PM
:mickey: Believe it or not! I had a dear friend who went through the same thing in Miami last year. He had to heat them up again, I think He put them in the oven on broil for 5 1/2 minutes while wearing flame retardent socks over two pairs of thick athletic socks to stretch the shoes out to a little bigger size. (The flame retardent socks were so his feet did not get burned while heating up the crocks in the oven). Afterwards, when the remelting process is finished, and you go to lift your still smoldering crocs out of the oven please be very careful. Very careful. Please Be very careful as during this phase of the croc redevelopment injuries can and will happen( his Mother-inlaw can testify to this as he accidently kicked her while taking the now smoking, but temporarily form fitting crocs from the shape changer (oven) to the croc hardening unit. Upon opening the hardening unit he then placed a pillow on the floor, bent down and stood on his head for 30 minutes while he stuck his feet in the refrigerator freezer so that the crocs would retain there shape being that they were quickly cooled off. The Athletic socks also served to keep his feet warm during the hardening process. Now you can either try this remedy, or realize that this is a made up story, for a laugh to help you feel better. Best thing to do, is get a new pair. :mickey::D

yasmina
07-01-2009, 12:05 PM
I think I fixed them! I threw my Disney crocs in the dryer on high heat for about 5 minutes, long enough for them to become malleable.

Then I immediately put them on, and so far they are wearable. There's a spot on one of the heels that just doesn't seem right, so I may throw them back in the dryer.

I figured, hey, can't ruin them any more than they already are, so might as well give it a shot. Just made sure to pay attention to how long they were in the dryer, so I didn't melt them completely and ruin the dryer!

Magic Smiles
07-02-2009, 03:36 PM
I just hope that you did not leave any electronics in your car! Crocs are cheap.....electronics aren't.

yasmina
07-02-2009, 04:12 PM
I just hope that you did not leave any electronics in your car! Crocs are cheap.....electronics aren't.

The only electronic left in the car was the portable satellite radio, and it was fine (it was stored in a hidden drawer not directly in the sun).

The Kindle and laptop were put with bell services along with our perishable foods which were in a cooler.

But you're right. I've seen the results of leaving electronics in a hot car, and it's not pretty!

DakotaDisney
07-03-2009, 04:26 PM
That's amazing. I wouldn't have thought that could happen since they were in a duffle bag. In the direct sunlight or in the window of a car I could maybe see it happening.

Just goes to remind a person about how seriously hot it can get in our cars in the summer or even just in the sun. A reminder to us all to never leave your pets or children alone in the car even with the window open a little bit. It is dangerous and not safe.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-04-2009, 11:35 AM
Just goes to remind a person about how seriously hot it can get in our cars in the summer or even just in the sun. A reminder to us all to never leave your pets or children alone in the car even with the window open a little bit. It is dangerous and not safe.

We've already had deaths from people leaving their kids in the car and it hasn't been that hot up here yet.

Thanks for the heads up on the melting Croc issue. I would have never thought of that!