PDA

View Full Version : emh

happy day
06-28-2009, 08:03 PM
If we go to the early emh with the intentions of only staying for the morning, is it a good idea or still to crowded to make it worth it. Every where I read that it is better to avoid these times. I would like to go just for the morning if it is worth it.

PharmD
06-28-2009, 08:54 PM
If you get there right at opening for the EMH you should be fine. While there will be lots of people it won't get really crowded until the non resort people start coming in at normal opening. By mid-morning to right before lunch it will start to get crowded and is a good time to take a break or checkout another park.

MarkC
06-28-2009, 10:31 PM
We have always had great luck with emh in the morning. Even if you get there 15 minutes after rope drop you can still get a ton done, regardless of which park you are in. It will start to get pretty busy by noon but by then you've probably done most of what you wanted to do. Then take a swim break or go to a different park. Mark

jaredkari
06-29-2009, 08:09 AM
I would have to agree with others. Early EMH is totally worth it. I would definately try to be there at opening though. You will be amazed at how much you can get done in a couple of hours and then you can take the rest of the day easy. Although I will warn you at that sometimes not all attractions are open at early EMH. Such as at MK where I think it is usually just Fantasyland and Tomorrowland that are open during early EMH. You might want to check and make sure the attractions you are really wanting to do are open early. :mickey:

joonyer
06-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Early EMH at MK is especially good for character autographs. One morning my youngest DS (age 8) and I went to early EMH at park opening (got there about 7:30) and were near the front of the crowd (which disperses rapidly once inside the park). There are many characters out in the Main Street area and through the park, and the lines for meet 'n greets are not long at all early in the a.m. We went that morning specifically to get character autographs and he was able to get about 25 different autographs, (with photos, too) and rode Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear and Splash Mountain, with no waits, AND we were back at our resort at 10:30, where DW and other DS were just waking up. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
06-29-2009, 11:51 AM
Early EMH is great. You can get a lot done. The park with EMH does get crowded as the morning goes on, but if you plan to get there early and hop before the afternoon, you'll probably have a very productive time.

KAJUNKING
06-29-2009, 12:04 PM
we dont make early emh often because we are usually night owls and sleep in , but the timeswe have made it ive found it very productive, in fact i think we will change our strategy this year and try to get up early more often

gueli
06-30-2009, 01:15 AM
If you are going to go early, and have an early exit stratagy than yes, emh are wonderful. Parks with emh often get more crowded by early afternoon. which of course is the perfect time for a nap/pool break.
:thumbsup:

Imagineer1981
06-30-2009, 10:51 AM
also depends what time of year you go. If you go during the off season, sometimes EMH is just an extra few hours in a park that won't get that crowded as the day goes anyways

bruin1344
06-30-2009, 12:53 PM
unless I take advantage of EMH AM, I avoid the park that has it, usually the other parks have less crowds during it

Lizzie
06-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Our last visit in September we loved EMH. We went and rode all the rides in Fantasyland before the park opened. We usually grabbed lunch around 11 than left the park went swimming and took naps and were out again by 4. It was great because we left when the park got more crowded and as the day got hotter. And with the naps were able to stay out late.