PDA

View Full Version : Refillable Mug Questions

Tinkermom
06-28-2009, 03:11 PM
With all of the times we have been to WDW I think we have only gotten refillable mugs twice and it has been many years.

Our trip is coming up in 2 weeks and since it is summer and hot we thought we might get the mugs this time. My questions:

Are there refillable mugs for the parks or resorts only? If there are mugs for both I assume that one is not usable at the other??? The only reason I ask is I thought I remember seeing mugs for sale at a couple of counter service places in the parks last year.

We are staying at 2 different resorts - AKLV and Vero Beach (we are DVC members). Can we buy our mugs at ALKV and take them with us to use at Vero? I know they are only good for "length of stay" but since both are Disney resorts would the entire trip count as a "length of stay"? Are the mugs "generic" or are they decorated for that specific resort? The last time we got the mugs each resort had it's own style and design.

FOR THE RECORD - I ONLY ask these questions so that we play by the RULES - NOT to break them! I know this tends to be a sensitive topic. :eek:

Thanks in advance!:mickey:

Seasonscraps
06-28-2009, 03:26 PM
The refillable mugs sold at the resort are only for resort use. The water parks have their own mug which is good for the day. You can reuse the mug and just pay for a new barcode for subsequent days. I just read on Intercot that AK has a mug where you pay $1 for refills (only in AK) but I am not sure.

I am not sure how the mug program works with Vero Beach.

The mugs are generic now - they all have the same design but there are different colored caps available.

WishingStar2006
06-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Animal Kingdom has a refillable mug (??), the tall green ones with the animal's on the top. But they are just refillable for the day, I think.

Tinkermom
06-29-2009, 11:18 AM
Does anyone know if we can purchase our mugs at AKLV and then also use them at Vero?????