PDA

View Full Version : CBR pirate rooms far from theme pool?

busterthebronco
06-28-2009, 02:34 PM
we just booked one for Christmas!
is there a quiet pol close?
i guess i'm just asking if we might be stuck off in a corner close to nothing.

Goofy4TheWorld
06-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Once upon a time, I think I read here on Intercot the the Pirate Rooms were as far away from the main building as you can get. I may be wrong, but thats what I thought I read about them when they first opened up.

I am sure someone wiser than me will chime in shortly:pirate:

DisneyBabies
06-28-2009, 03:24 PM
We stayed in a pirate room in March and the rooms are a 5-7 minute walk to the main pool. There is a quiet pool in the center of Trinidad South that we used since the main pool had so many kids running rampant (they scared DS). Hope this helps.

TheRustyScupper
06-28-2009, 04:21 PM
the Pirate Rooms were as far away from the main building as you can get.

1) They are not at the end of the earth, but you can see it from there.
2) The Pirate rooms are a decent walk from the pool.
3) The rooms are in demand, so no need to locate them in favored locationss.

KronkHere
06-28-2009, 05:12 PM
We just returned from the Pirate room last week. I was in Bldg 34, our friends in Bldg 39. We were far away, but not unmanageable. My friends however, were on the parking lot side and had about a 16 minute walk straight. Add children and nature stops and it took a while. They never went to the Big pool in the evening because of this...The food court is not great and has a limited variety and therefore made the walk even more unenjoyable. The 90+ degrees everyday didnt help either. The Pirate room experience was highly anticipated for my family, but coupled with the distance, heat, and average food court - We will definetly be going back to POFR or POFQ after we try the WL next Thanksgiving. No matter how you dress it up, Trinidad South is still Trinidad South and that means far, far away....

mickeys_princess_mom
06-28-2009, 10:44 PM
1) They are not at the end of the earth, but you can see it from there.
:rotfl: :high5: Yep! I'm a big fan of the pirate rooms, but this was true! I love your style.

buzznwoodysmom
06-29-2009, 01:07 PM
We just spent a week at CBR in a pirate room earlier this month and didn't think the main pool was that far. Of course Trinidad South is the farthest section from the main pool, but we never thought it was too far of a walk. We were located in building 35. Upon check in we were being placed in building 39, but I kindly asked to be in a building closer to the main pool and they happily put us in building 35. Hope you enjoy it. We had 4 boys who all love pirates and it was well worth the cost of the pirate rooms as well as the walk to the pool for them to be able to stay there.

BIGDOG
06-29-2009, 03:54 PM
The CBR has a internal bus that stops at every stop about every 10 mins. I tis not crowded because it is just internal not take people to parks. I would rather use the bus then walk any were. Plus don't forget YOUR ON VACATION take your time.

Patricia
06-29-2009, 05:11 PM
I've stayed in Trinidad South (building 36), before it was Pirate themed, and I always enjoyed the walk to Old Port Royal. It's very pretty. A couple of nights, after returning from the parks, we got off the bus at Old Port Royal, had a bite to eat, hopped back on the bus to Trinidad South. :) The buses are great if your not up to walking it. You'll find a quiet pool located between buildings 36 and 37.

Check out the CB Resort Map (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/caribbeanbeach07.JPG) before you go.

Goofy4TheWorld
06-29-2009, 11:36 PM
The CBR has a internal bus that stops at every stop about every 10 mins. I tis not crowded because it is just internal not take people to parks. I would rather use the bus then walk any were. Plus don't forget YOUR ON VACATION take your time.

Is it true that CBR has an internal bus system? I thought I read here on Intercot that the internal buses were actually provided by various businesses that were having a convention at the resort, and that THEY provided only their employees with the internal bus.

So is it true that there is an internal bus always available for the general public? This would greatly influence by opinion of this resort.

DisneyBabies
06-30-2009, 08:36 AM
The internal bus system is run by Disney. It is avaliable for use by any guest. And the busses came every 4-5 minutes while we were there in March.