PDA

View Full Version : CBR dinning thoughts?

busterthebronco
06-28-2009, 02:31 PM
how is shutters?
the food court?
pizza delivery?
pool food?
favorites?

pixiesmimi
06-28-2009, 05:23 PM
We did not eat at Shutters because there were so many bad reviews for it and we ate all our TS meals at the parks. The food court was very good and good variety. Didn't try any food at the pool, etc.

markyv
06-29-2009, 07:11 PM
We have eaten at shutters before and it was good. Not great but good. I had steak or prime rib. I can't remember but it was decent.

jakeybake
06-30-2009, 04:47 PM
One word about the dining options at CBR:

BLECCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ack:

DizneeFan13
07-02-2009, 01:04 PM
I just got back from CBR June 15th and have to say that the food court was surpisingly good :party:

I had breakfast there twice and dinner once and enjoyed all three meals. I had heard that it gets crowded, expecially at breakfast, but I never had to stand in line for anything.

Breakfast #1 - got the Breakfast Bounty Platter.
It was more food than I could finish. Scrambled eggs, potatos:thumbsup:, french toast, sausage, biscuit. All good.

Breakfast #2 - got the Steak, and Egg Quesidilla.
Again, it was a large portion and delicious.

Dinner - I chose the Pork Mojo with Brocolli, Mashed Potatoes, and side of the Plantains:cloud9:
The only negative comment on the whole dinning experience is that the brocolli was cold. The pork was great and plentiful, the mashed potatos tasted homemade and the plantains were sooooooo good.

I would recommend this food court to all who stays at CBR

KatMark
07-02-2009, 09:59 PM
We've never stayed, but we've eaten at the food court twice. Personally, I think it is one of the worse food courts of all the Disney resorts. Oldest DS is there now...he said it was okay, typical fast food.

Our biggest complaint, beside the food being rather bland, was that we went at 1:00 in the afternoon and only two stations were open and the place was a zoo.

pixiesmimi
07-03-2009, 10:21 PM
We ate there almost every morning and some midnight runs. :) Never had anything that wasn't good. We thought it was as good or better than the other food courts.

fatboy
07-03-2009, 10:35 PM
The food courts a good. i have stayed there 4 times. It can get a little crowded at peak times but what doesnt? Shutters is ok but as said before not great. Food is ok just dont go expecting V&A and you may be ok. Pizza delivery is OK but coming from the Mid Atlantic I am a bit of a pizza snob. Overall I had very few things i was not happy about with the food a CBR.

KatMark
07-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Oldest DS is there now. He said it is your typical fast food--nothing special. He did enjoy a reuben sandwich he had the other day; said the cheeseburger was gross.

grumpypima
07-06-2009, 04:31 PM
When we stayed there in 1999, we left thinking CBR was the best place on earth. But when we returned this past March, we were very disappointed!! Disappointed doesn't really describe it...anyway

Shutters -- did not try it
Food Court -- not good
Pizza delivery -- tasted like card board
Pool food -- I don't think you can order from the pool bar, if you can we were not aware of it
Favorites -- none

PetefromRI
07-06-2009, 05:34 PM
We love the foodcourt but we've tried Shutters twice and didn't enjoy it both times.The food wasn't that good.There are too many good restaurants in the World to waste another meal at Shutters.